Perhaps - August 18. UPDATE IV: A New Hope (Radio Premiere Tomorrow?)

11 hours ago, kiwiguns said:

It's not the band. The record label are the ones behind this... 

It might be that the band have no interest and this is being done to meet contractual obligations.

This has happened in the past with previous releases including the Greatest Hits and if you connect the dots, the release and lack of interest from the band would suggest Hard Skool was released under the same circumstances. 

That’s a reach. It’s ok to say the management are garbage. There’s always an excuse when it comes to this band. Like how DJ Ashba blamed the crew for not putting the stage up fast enough to justify playing three hours late. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, reayj2003 said:

I don’t think so. 
I think if anything the box sets and yet more pressings of appetite is for the label. The singles seem more personal to Axl..that seems very evident when he sings absurd live. 

Also if you look at the singles HS & Absurd on Spotify they are released c p Guns N’Roses, under exclusive licence to Geffen Records.

Everything else including uyi box set is UMG recordings, inc.

I’m not an expert but I think that indicates GN’R has more control over the singles.

The UYI box set tracks are also p "GN'R Records" with exclusive license to Geffen.

1 minute ago, Heider95 said:

Just read an article in Italian by RadioRock saying the release of Perhaps has been postponed to August 18th

I wonder what caused the delay, but seems reasonable if they are going to have a pre-save function and some promotion first

5 minutes ago, Axls_Moustache_Rules said:

Did they happen to provide a source? Lol

Yeah, is there a link to this article too? Considering the band never formally acknowledged the 11th, I think it would be a little odd for them to acknowledge a postponement of a date we weren’t supposed to know about anyways. 

2 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

It is still possible to promote Perhaps with a pre-save campaign even the day before its release. It's also possible they dropped that campaign due to whatever reason and will just drop it as a surprise release on the 11th.

I’m getting that vibe too now.

13 minutes ago, Heider95 said:

Just read an article in Italian by RadioRock saying the release of Perhaps has been postponed to August 18th

Always post the link.

https://radiorock.it/guns-n-roses-posticipata-al-18-agosto-luscita-del-nuovo-singolo-perhaps/

"Contrary to what was reported by various music information sites, and by some of the main US message boards dedicated to the group, Radio Rock has learned from internal sources, in the last few hours, that the release initially scheduled for this Friday, August 11th of "Perhaps" – new single from Guns N' Roses – was yesterday postponed to next week. The song – whose release does not seem to be in doubt anyway – has not yet been officially announced by the band"

Edited by Stay.Of.Execution
  • Thanks 3

4 minutes ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

Always post the link.

https://radiorock.it/guns-n-roses-posticipata-al-18-agosto-luscita-del-nuovo-singolo-perhaps/

"Contrary to what was reported by various music information sites, and by some of the main US message boards dedicated to the group, Radio Rock has learned from internal sources, in the last few hours, that the release initially scheduled for this Friday, August 11th of "Perhaps" – new single from Guns N' Roses – was yesterday postponed to next week. The song – whose release does not seem to be in doubt anyway – has not yet been officially announced by the band"

Wonder who their “internal sources” are, and if the other media outlets that already reported on Perhaps for 8/11 will catch wind of this. 

11 minutes ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

Always post the link.

Does anyone know if this is a trustworthy news site? At this point, I don't see the benefit in postponing its release by a week. The song has already had a significant amount of media attention with the 11th as a release date, and they should just drop it then if they can't work out a pre-save campaign. 

Edited by Live Like a Suicide

Since 1993 GnR are the shittest band of substance to ever exist in history. They suck so much, and deserve to continue to be the butt of every joke.An absolute shambles. The worst management team in history and the most useless existence of recorded music ever. 

• Like 3
  • ABSUЯD 1