Perhaps - August 18. UPDATE IV: A New Hope (Radio Premiere Tomorrow?)

3 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Is it that unrealistic when we have a band manager telling fans to fuck off and “the world would be better without them”?

Remember when the band (Fernando?) Tried to justify the 3-4 hour gap between openers and GNR because Rock Nfn'Roll? Love it or hate it, accept it debate it lololol

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Real McCoy said:

I’m still convinced that Axl and/or Team Brazil are pissed that we found the Linkfire page before we were supposed to and called the whole thing off.

Why? To "punish" us? :lol: But it's not about us diehards or mainly about us. There's a reason these releases are planned so that they coincide with the NA tour: to help push tickets.

They probably didn't like it that the media reported about a release date not announced by the band with articles containing information about the song not provided by the band, but that's it. It doesn't have to do with us.

54 minutes ago, GNR4Ever2024 said:

down bad 

Cheer up lad could be worse… kanes announcement video for Bayern could be Kane lisping and mumbling his way incomprehensibly through a cover of WTTJ.

Remember things could always be worse. 

1 minute ago, Zeppelin said:

Okay. Again, that's not the point. People wanting a new song and not getting it is not really the disappointing aspect for them. The disappointing aspect comes from knowing deep down that this band is a constant disappointment in general.

If they were a normal, functioning band, not releasing a song here and there wouldn't make a chunk of their fanbase roll their eyes so hard. It would just be a normal plan change. A plan change for GNR is such a colossal comedy of errors and poor planning that many fans get annoyed over the very nature of releasing music in the first place. I don't think anyone on here can tell me (with a straight face, at least) that this band doesn't make things harder on themselves. There are so many opportunities for this band to provide small wins here and there, and they just never take them. Even Absurd and HS were swings and misses because of such awful execution, and those were songs they actually released. People may like those tracks, but it goes back to the band being a disappointment in this regard for a long time.

You keep bringing up intelligence. The fans that are disappointed don't care about August 11th and aren't furious with them about it. They're annoyed that even though there is writing on the wall, the band can't actually get something together, which has been their modus operandi for, how long now? Too many years.

Isn’t it obvious that this band doesn’t operate like most other bands? Why keep getting your hopes up and getting disappointed? Unless you’re a new fan, it’s awfully naive to constantly let that happen. I don’t get that.
And I disagree. Some fans do create their own time frame and then when something doesn’t happen, they get mad, but the reality of the situation is that they never announced it in the first place, so it’s absurd getting mad, especially with the knowledge of how this band, unfortunately, operates. And this is not me defending GnR, this is me being rational about it.

• Like 3

The dodgy link a few days ago was clearly unfinished, not intended for release - it didn’t work properly and was never actually shared by official sources 

Disappointing if we don’t hear anything but hardly a total calamity as some are making out. If the band’s social media were all over the announcement and the song never came, yeah that’s ridiculous but all that’s happened here is someone got wind early of something potentially happening which wasn’t actually announced and then didn’t end up materialising. Hopefully we’ll hear an official version of Perhaps at some point in the near future. 

• Like 2

The link had a graphic of a CGI video that said “August 11”. That’s not simple text. They paid someone to make that because they firmly believed it would release August 11th. It’s not ridiculous at all fans took that as evidence it would’ve released today. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

The link had a graphic of a CGI video that said “August 11”. That’s not simple text. They paid someone to make that because they firmly believed it would release August 11th. It’s not ridiculous at all fans took that as evidence it would’ve released today. 

BUt gNR NevEr oFFiciALly sAiD sOooo

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, inho said:

Cheer up lad could be worse… kanes announcement video for Bayern could be Kane lisping and mumbling his way incomprehensibly through a cover of WTTJ.

Remember things could always be worse. 

Not me the user I qouted.

I wouldn't be caught dead being a Spurs fan

• Haha 1
  • Wow 1

3 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

The real scandal is that this whole current clusterfuck is because of the release of a single, at best mediocre, old ass leftover song with one verse and a shitty chorus :D

GnR rules! 

For all we know there are 3 distinct verses. Axel has been in the stoodio every year!

11 hours ago, jamillos said:

I think it's a marketing campaign. The leaked countdown link was not a mistake. It's the laziest kind of promotion, but it works - you don't have to do anything but let this thing "accidentally" slip and then just sit back and enjoy the buzz. 

Buzz is done. I’m now just frustrated and annoyed. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, alangarcianr said:

It’s says ‘currently not available’ in Argentina 

I’m a novice when it comes to the technical side of these things, but does that mean the song is/was ready to go/uploaded already, just waiting for the thumbs up?

Its annoying that everything with this bands seems so difficult to accomplish.

”Guns is a whole other animal” or phrases like that are the things that make me mad/sad

No its not, Guns hasnt been relevant since 1993…bands like U2, Maiden, Metallica, even the RHCP dont have issues doing stuff…

lets stop lying to ourselves, Guns is the problem

• Like 2