Perhaps - August 18. UPDATE IV: A New Hope (Radio Premiere Tomorrow?)

If we get to Friday and there's nothing, are we to assume that it's not happening after all? I think a lot of hope would subside if nothing happens this week...

They obviously see the press coverage (that's what alerted them to Touchtunes...) And the articles, videos, social media excitement/traffic....

Yes it's THIS band but their own insiders and staff and even Duff have alluded or flat out said this thing was coming, it obviously was meant to drop on the 11th....there's no decent reason to delay it, I mean surely? They're not gonna do a proper music video, are they! So....

In conclusion after all that, they will court a lot of bad press and shrug of the shoulders in future if and when they do want to do something....people don't like being played for fools....

Edited by colonizedmind

19 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

It's right up there in your post...

And yet the band is constantly being booked for tours, and have played the biggest festivals on the planet – one of them twice – since 2016. Obviously the industry and the fanbase think on different wavelengths. That, or they're doing something right

It really isn't 😂 Anyone with two braincells to rub together knows that GN'R's success came long before Team Brazil and that I wasn't attributing it to them.

I was saying they can't be entirely incompetent because they've supposedly managed the band through multiple lucrative tours. That isn't saying they're responsible for the band's success, that's saying they've done their job – the bare minimum you could expect from any adult.

19 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

We've all had this discussion many times, but I think TB were in the right place at the right time. They facilitated the call when Axl told them to make it happen... They didn't talk him into or suggest reuniting with Slash, if anything they actively worked against it for years. I don't think they can take credit for the reunion or its success

Had Doc been the manager in 2014/2015 when nuGNR was on the slide, he would probably have been responsible for the reunion tours, same goes for Irving and any manager that wasn't connected to the 90s split.

This.

Axl himself credited Paul Tollett of Coachella for getting the wheels rolling.

I’m assuming that he offered Axl an obscene amount of money to get Guns N’ Roses to headline Coachella, and made it clear that the offer hinged on getting Slash and Duff back. The money talked, and eventually so did Axl and Slash.

Axl simply told Fernando to reach out to Slash’s team to initiate a conversation and, fair play to Fernando - he did. He did his job. But NITL happened because Axl wanted it and Slash agreed, and it seems to have worked out for everyone in the end.

I’ll disagree that TB was against the reunion, though. When Axl told Fernando to call Slash, Fernando’s reply was something along the lines of “if this is a joke…” which implied, to me, that Fernando may have pushed for this before and was finally getting what he wanted. I could be wrong, of course. I was thoroughly checked out of this band post-2008 so I don’t have any recollection of anything disputing that.

Edited by GoodOlJohnnyK
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, DoMw94 said:

It really isn't 😂 Anyone with two braincells to rub together knows that GN'R's success came long before Team Brazil and that I wasn't attributing it to them.

I was saying they can't be entirely incompetent because they've supposedly managed the band through multiple lucrative tours. That isn't saying they're responsible for the band's success, that's saying they've done their job – the bare minimum you could expect from any adult.

I'd rather say, they hadn't done their job, which is convincing the band to do the right thing. They're just doing exactly that what Axl's saying. They do whatever buisness Axl doesn’t want to do but they don't do what a good management would try to do.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GoodOlJohnnyK said:

I was fortunate enough to go to an empty bar late at night on Sunday and get a pretty good listen to a “clear” version on TouchTunes before it was taken down.

Still, even at the bar I was reliant on their sound system and I was sat closer to the left channel speaker, so I may have missed whatever Slash was doing during the verses and choruses.

but the vocals, bass, rhythm guitar, and solo were loud and clear to me, if you have any questions.

The voice is different or is the same?

Thanks

1 minute ago, axljungle said:

The voice is different or is the same?

Thanks

A lot of the vocals are different now:

All the “hey heys”

”What a weight upon your shoulders”

”You pulled the gun that shot and crucified my savior”

Theres also “deep” vocals during the chorus now (buried under the normal vocals)

And he holds the last “you’re all alone” line for longer now, and there’s no laugh at the end anymore.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

if anything they actively worked against it for years. I don't think they can take credit for the reunion or its success

Yup. It was financially beneficial for them to leverage their relationship with Axl into letting them do jobs they had no business doing. They always knew that with a many hundred million dollar reunion would come professional management and their little fiefdom would go poof.

For a while they were in a perfect sweet spot with New GNR where they were able to do their grifting and no one said anything about it. 

Clearly the money dried up and supporting a Brazillion family ain't cheap so Axl did what he had to do.

The way they isolated him and leveraged his personal feelings for them into lucrative financial gain for themselves will always be one of the more disgusting realities of the GNR ship having sunk.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, downzy said:

I don't know about laughing.  TB accomplished what both McGhee and Azoff both wanted but could not achieve: massive reunion tours.

That was mostly Axl decision. Wasnt he the one that told Beta/TB to get in contact with Slash then they had a dinner meet up.

TB are really just Axls yes men/women.

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, GoodOlJohnnyK said:

This.

Axl himself credited Paul Tollett of Coachella for getting the wheels rolling.

I’m assuming that he offered Axl an obscene amount of money to get Guns N’ Roses to headline Coachella, and made it clear that the offer hinged on getting Slash and Duff back. The money talked, and eventually so did Axl and Slash.

Axl simply told Fernando to reach out to Slash’s team to initiate a conversation and, fair play to Fernando - he did. He did his job. But NITL happened because Axl wanted it and Slash agreed, and it seems to have worked out for everyone in the end.

I’ll disagree that TB was against the reunion, though. When Axl told Fernando to call Slash, Fernando’s reply was something along the lines of “if this is a joke…” which implied, to me, that Fernando may have pushed for this before and was finally getting what he wanted. I could be wrong, of course. I was thoroughly checked out of this band post-2008 so I don’t have any recollection of anything disputing that.

Not that they were against the reunion, but they were for sure enabling Axl and had the opinion that Slash was evil / enemy no 1 etc.

They are not to blame for every bad thing that happens with gnr though. They just fullfill the desires of Axl. Anyway... Back on subject, the delayed single, damn you TB🤬

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Tom2112 said:

Not that they were against the reunion, but they were for sure enabling Axl and had the opinion that Slash was evil / enemy no 1 etc.

They are not to blame for every bad thing that happens with gnr though. They just fullfill the desires of Axl. Anyway... Back on subject, the delayed single, damn you TB🤬

If any luck live version debut today and single released afterwards.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, vloors said:

Ohh i didnt see the cache version was perhaps.

Interesting they replaced with that countdown 

So it was the actual song? That Italian article said delayed until 18th cited "internal sources" didn't it? Nothing else though....we're hanging by that dudes!!

2 hours ago, Blackstar said:

In addition to what Gibson87 wrote, all the tracks from the locker leaks are being pulled from youtube, soundcloud, etc. There's also an active countdown on a Japanese website (streaming platform?) that leads to a Friday release (local time).

noooooooooo i forgot to save a copy of evader's recreation of The General, which i liked a lot, and now it's gone!