Perhaps - August 18. UPDATE IV: A New Hope (Radio Premiere Tomorrow?)

4 minutes ago, 2020_Intensions said:

Yeah, just not understanding why it actually matters if it's formally released or not. That doesn't change anything. You've heard the song. It won't sound nearly as good live. Wanting it to be released and played live is fine, but if it doesn't come out on the 18th, nothing has changed. It's still going to come out. 

It would be nice to be able to add it to my playlists in good quality, how the artist intends for us to hear it, without downloading it or having to listen to it as some bizarre upload. It would be nice to be able to send it to some family and friends without explaining how much of a dork I am for knowing this and saying that this is a demo that should’ve been out last century. By the time you explain that no one gives a shit. Not to mention just be excited to see your band pretending not to be a soulless nostalgia act and actually attempting to have any artistic integrity.

This is GNR. It was supposed to come out the 11th. If they keep pushing and pushing the release, the way this band works, it will never be out. It’s Chinese Democracy all over again. The goalposts will move and move as long as the band allows Axl to, aka forever. It’s been 2 years. Entire albums, hell, entire goddamn films are made and released in that timespan. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Why does it matter to me? Someone whose username is AxlRoseCDII? Someone who’s favorite band is, or should I say was, GNR? Gee, I wonder why it would ever matter to me to have music i geniunely loved be formally released and played live. 

Well said. People who say 'Why do you care' or 'Live your life' 'don't wait for new music' on a comment on a fucking GnR forum. Of course we care, of course we live our life but we want to hear music from the band whilst we are still alive! We can simultaneously want GnR to release new music, play it live and have a completely separate great life, it's not one or the other, give us fucking both you axl TB nuthuggers!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, 2020_Intensions said:

Yeah, just not understanding why it actually matters if it's formally released or not. That doesn't change anything. You've heard the song. It won't sound nearly as good live. Wanting it to be released and played live is fine, but if it doesn't come out on the 18th, nothing has changed. It's still going to come out. 

I mean it’s a sign of the band moving forward. The sooner songs we’ve heard are released, the sooner we hopefully get stuff we haven’t heard. It seems like the General is next in line to be released. The sooner perhaps is out the sooner that comes out.

9 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

It would be nice to be able to add it to my playlists in good quality, how the artist intends for us to hear it, without downloading it or having to listen to it as some bizarre upload. It would be nice to be able to send it to some family and friends without explaining how much of a dork I am for knowing this and saying that this is a demo that should’ve been out last century. By the time you explain that no one gives a shit. Not to mention just be excited to see your band pretending not to be a soulless nostalgia act and actually attempting to have any artistic integrity.

This is GNR. It was supposed to come out the 11th. If they keep pushing and pushing the release, the way this band works, it will never be out. It’s Chinese Democracy all over again. The goalposts will move and move as long as the band allows Axl to, aka forever. It’s been 2 years. Entire albums, hell, entire goddamn films are made and released in that timespan. 

Agree it's like Chinese all over again and this is just one song rather than a whole record! That's the main issue with GN'R really, they've got stuff good to go and have been soundchecking it constantly but for whatever reason it's like it doesn't exist. I mean, it's kind of mad that we've had the leak for four years, there are recordings of the soundchecks and now the whole jukebox saga and yet it's still being treated as some big release that shouldn't come out ahead of time.

3 minutes ago, BassistSeb said:

Agree it's like Chinese all over again and this is just one song rather than a whole record! That's the main issue with GN'R really, they've got stuff good to go and have been soundchecking it constantly but for whatever reason it's like it doesn't exist. I mean, it's kind of mad that we've had the leak for four years, there are recordings of the soundchecks and now the whole jukebox saga and yet it's still being treated as some big release that shouldn't come out ahead of time.

the ONLY reason is simple, they just dont want to release music.  If they really wanted to, we would have new songs, properly mixed.  Just like 7859573 bands do every year

6 minutes ago, fabrph5 said:

the ONLY reason is simple, they just dont want to release music.  If they really wanted to, we would have new songs, properly mixed.  Just like 7859573 bands do every year

If they didn’t want to release songs, they wouldn’t. No one is forcing them to

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, liers said:

If they didn’t want to release songs, they wouldn’t. No one is forcing them to

Yeah, that's the weird thing - if Axl had no intention of putting it out he wouldn't have let Slash and Duff add their parts to it and there was obviously a whole release plan. There's also the fact it's a soundchecking staple. 

This thread and band is so sad. From optimism and hope to fans turning on each other. It’s made me have no desire to go to the show on Friday.

I’ve loved this band forever but man they are pushing me to the breaking point as far as being able to support and enjoy them. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

6 minutes ago, MJRoses23 said:

This thread and band is so sad. From optimism and hope to fans turning on each other. It’s made me have no desire to go to the show on Friday.

I’ve loved this band forever but man they are pushing me to the breaking point as far as being able to support and enjoy them. 

It’s sad how apathetic they’ve become to stringing along the fanbase. I mean they’ve always been pretty unselfaware, almost as a rule, in regard to the lack of new music but this has become next level. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, smokingarthur said:

Prepare for more disappointment come Friday. If it doesn’t show up by then what’s the next goalpost, November? 

The 15th anniversary of CD would be perfect timing! :jerkoff:

The constant goalpost shifting is exhausting. Had friends through covid who were terrified of it and constantly moving the goalposts on what requirements would need to be met in order for them to be comfortable doing things. They are still staying almost almost exclusively. 

I'm tired. It wouldn't make sense to pick any specific market or city as the place to debut a new song. I think that notion is ridiculous. For whatever reason, I feel Axl got cold feet combined with TB not having a clue of what to do. Whatever, I have my leaks, I heard the new version. 

I'll personally be shocked if the freaking General comes out this year like we're predicting. Pleasantly shocked, but shocked nonetheless. I'm trying to keep my expectations low. 

12 minutes ago, MJRoses23 said:

I hope absolutely everything will leak very soon. All the Chinese shit, everything Slash and Duff put their overdubs on, all of it. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, MJRoses23 said:

It's a weird time to have a problem with the band at the time when they are doing great shows and are just about to release a new song. I mean, if this is not good enough for you then praise yourself lucky for not following the band during all those dark, dark years. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, SoulMonster said:

It's a weird time to have a problem with the band at the time when they are doing great shows and are just about to release a new song. I mean, if this is not good enough for you then praise yourself lucky for not following the band during all those dark, dark years. 

They became my favorite band when I was 11....in 1998. And those "dark" years were less depressing than this. There was magic still left. This isnt that. This is just depressing.

And who says they are coming out with a new song? Certainly not them. They've done everything they can to make sure they dont even mention the damn thing.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Nick85 said:

It’s sad how apathetic they’ve become to stringing along the fanbase. I mean they’ve always been pretty unselfaware, almost as a rule, in regard to the lack of new music but this has become next level. 

Sad thing is I’d like them more if they never said “we’re working on new music.” I’d respect them for it. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, doakes said:

Everybody needs to calm the fuck down… What a study in the the disintegration of social structures this thread is.

If we hadn’t have learned of this linkfire countdown through some sleuthing then we’d have nothing to complain about now. Our own curiosity has brought us this current anguish. 

It will come out when in comes out… Although one could sympathize with Axl if he decided to say “fuck the weirdo fanatics” and never release another song after reading what this thread devolved into, regarding his loved ones.

If we hadn’t heard about the Linkfire thing we would’ve found out about the TouchTunes release. Not to mention multiple band members and a tour manager teasing a new song for years, them rehearsing it for months while refusing to play it, radio station hosts saying the song should’ve already been out, etc. 

The whole industry knows about this damn song, linkfire or not. Yet this band doesn’t capitalize on any excitement and is releasing it, if at all, near the end of a tour when no one cares.

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, MJRoses23 said:

A great summation of GNR. I’d love to be able to come on here and talk about the music not the stupid fucking management team it it’s gaslighting assholes on here.