Perhaps - August 18. UPDATE IV: A New Hope (Radio Premiere Tomorrow?)

18 minutes ago, MJRoses23 said:

They became my favorite band when I was 11....in 1998. And those "dark" years were less depressing than this. There was magic still left. This isnt that. This is just depressing.

And who says they are coming out with a new song? Certainly not them. They've done everything they can to make sure they dont even mention the damn thing.

Tom Mayhue said they are coming out with a new song, Slash had said they are coming out with new songs, Axl has stated he wants to release more, the existence of Perhaps on TouchTune strongly suggests they are coming out with a new song, the countdown suggests they are coming out with a new song and the removal of leaks form the Internet suggests they are coming out with a new song. 

I agree that the release of Perhaps isn't exactly magical, but if The General is next then I'm as happy as a pig in shit.

If you are a GN'R fan and you can't be happy when the band releases a new song, then I'm afraid it's only going to get worse. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, timoteo said:

A great summation of GNR. I’d love to be able to come on here and talk about the music not the stupid fucking management team it it’s gaslighting assholes on here. 

What stops you from talking about Perhaps? There is no reason why you should talk about Team Brazil when we just had a leak of a new song. That's entirely your decision and you are only to blame for that yourself. Stop whining and talk about Perhaps. 

16 minutes ago, timoteo said:

Sad thing is I’d like them more if they never said “we’re working on new music.” I’d respect them for it. 

But they have been working on new music. Slash and Duff added tracks to songs back during Covid. Should they lie about this because you can't handle the waiting? I for one am happy when they talk about working on new music because that means there is a chance I get to hear that music at some point, and I like music from GN'R.

4 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

What stops you from talking about Perhaps? There is no reason why you should talk about Team Brazil when we just had a leak of a new song. That's entirely your decision and you are only to blame for that yourself. Stop whining and talk about Perhaps. 

But they have been working on new music. Slash and Duff added tracks to songs back during Covid. Should they lie about this because you can't handle the waiting? I for one am happy when they talk about working on new music because that means there is a chance I get to hear that music at some point, and I like music from GN'R.

I agree the communications have improved and I’m grateful for that. But I must say, there’s still plenty of room for improvement in that area 😂

I respect the optimism of everybody who thinks perhaps is gonna drop Friday. I wish I could believe, but this band has given me no reason to.  Even with all the smoke around perhaps it doesn’t make me forget the constant goalpost moving with CD even when it seemed certain it would be released at times.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Its Tino said:

I agree the communications have improved and I’m grateful for that. But I must say, there’s still plenty of room for improvement in that area 😂

The band has decided to not talk about their plans. We are used to it, though, this is the way Axl has wanted it for years. And Team Brazil seems to have stopped communicating, too, possibly when Fernando realized he came across as a self-aggrandizing halfwit when talking at Twitter and Reddit. So here we are.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MJRoses23 said:

Man the spin you put on all that is something to behold. I'd say what happens if it doesnt get released, but Im sure you'd move the goal post or I'd get the "I'm enjoying the amazing shows" rhetoric.

Hey if youre still able to enjoy what they do after this, then more power to ya. I'm genuinely happy for anyone that still gets comfort and enjoyment from this band. Watching how they have handled this and what it is turning fans into is just wrong in my opinion. 

with you on all this

sad that we can’t talk about the music anymore just talk about if or when it might or might not come out 

35 minutes ago, timoteo said:

Sad thing is I’d like them more if they never said “we’re working on new music.” I’d respect them for it. 

Agreed. Nobody's getting worked up about Billy Joel not putting anything out since 1993, since he was forthright enough to tell fans that nothing's coming.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, MJRoses23 said:

Man the spin you put on all that is something to behold. I'd say what happens if it doesnt get released, but Im sure you'd move the goal post or I'd get the "I'm enjoying the amazing shows" rhetoric.

Hey if youre still able to enjoy what they do after this, then more power to ya. I'm genuinely happy for anyone that still gets comfort and enjoyment from this band. Watching how they have handled this and what it is turning fans into is just wrong in my opinion. 

I am not enjoying the shows, I don't go to them and couldn't really care less about them (actually, they just give me more work :lol:). I am, though, genuinely happy for all the fans that do go and have a good time, and I think it is pretty surreal to see Axl, Duff and Slash up there playing Appetite now more than 30 years since they started. It's cool. I never would have thought. Good on them.

What I will do if Perhaps doesn't come out this Friday? The same as I do now, live my life. Sooner or later it will come out. I don't hold my breath for GN'R. I don't get twisted into knots waiting, and I deal with such extremely small disappointments heroically because my happiness isn't contingent upon the actions of a rock band.

What is it they have handled poorly? A delay on their internal release date (which was never meant to go public) and not being able to prevent TouchTune having the song available for a weekend? You know, I don't consider that a huge deal. We shouldn't have known about the band's plans to release it last week. We were just lucky to stumble upon that information (or, actually, people here doesn't seem to be able to handle that nugget of information very well so I guess we were unlucky). If we hadn't found out, life would have gone on here like it always have and then people would go all crazy of joy when Perhaps suddenly dropped. Fans only have themselves to blame if knowing the band delayed the release of a new single by a week, "turns them" into something. They ought to be excited about the impending new release, yet they fall apart and blame the band/management. As a group, we have become more dysfunctional than the band.

8 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

I am not enjoying the shows, I don't go to them and couldn't really care less about them (actually, they just give me more work :lol:). I am, though, genuinely happy for all the fans that do go and have a good time, and I think it is pretty surreal to see Axl, Duff and Slash up there playing Appetite now more than 30 years since they started. It's cool. I never would have thought. Good on them.

What I will do if Perhaps doesn't come out this Friday? The same as I do now, live my life. Sooner or later it will come out. I don't hold my breath for GN'R. I don't get twisted into knots waiting, and I deal with such extremely small disappointments heroically because my happiness isn't contingent upon the actions of a rock band.

What is it they have handled poorly? A delay on their internal release date (which was never meant to go public) and not being able to prevent TouchTune having the song available for a weekend? You know, I don't consider that a huge deal. We shouldn't have known about the band's plans to release it last week. We were just lucky to stumble upon that information (or, actually, people here doesn't seem to be able to handle that nugget of information very well so I guess we were unlucky). If we hadn't found out, life would have gone on here like it always have and then people would go all crazy of joy when Perhaps suddenly dropped. Fans only have themselves to blame if knowing the band delayed the release of a new single by a week, "turns them" into something. They ought to be excited about the impending new release, yet they fall apart and blame the band/management. As a group, we have become more dysfunctional than the band.

Brooooooo. Fans only have themselves to blame? Last I checked there would be no GNR without fans. The less GNR puts out, be it communication, music, or general lack of giving a shit, the less fans they have. 

You live your life. That's awesome, me too. But GNR was a big part of my life. Music can save peoples lives. This whole, we just live our lives thing is demeaning, like the band and their music isnt part of our lives.

And you're 100% right, we shouldnt have known about that. If the band half assed communicated with its fanbase, then there wouldn't be a bunch of CSI detectives trying to crack the code of listening to new music. 

I'm not taking part in this any longer, this is exactly what is so wrong with this band, causing this type of discussion instead of discussing the actual song. And yea, I know, it leaked, but forgive us that dont want to discuss the ins and outs of a bowling alley recording and would prefer our favorite band gave us a legit means to listen to it. Have a good one. 

• Like 3

Just now, jamillos said:

Any countdown yet?

Soon. Now we believe even more.

I love GNR. The only band in the world where fans need to be in on this CSI nonsense to figure out if anything is happening. And occasionally they're right, which just makes it all so much worse!

• GNFNR 1

5 minutes ago, MJRoses23 said:

Brooooooo. Fans only have themselves to blame? Last I checked there would be no GNR without fans. The less GNR puts out, be it communication, music, or general lack of giving a shit, the less fans they have. 

You live your life. That's awesome, me too. But GNR was a big part of my life. Music can save peoples lives. This whole, we just live our lives thing is demeaning, like the band and their music isnt part of our lives.

And you're 100% right, we shouldnt have known about that. If the band half assed communicated with its fanbase, then there wouldn't be a bunch of CSI detectives trying to crack the code of listening to new music. 

I'm not taking part in this any longer, this is exactly what is so wrong with this band, causing this type of discussion instead of discussing the actual song. And yea, I know, it leaked, but forgive us that dont want to discuss the ins and outs of a bowling alley recording and would prefer our favorite band gave us a legit means to listen to it. Have a good one. 

Like I said to someone else, you are entirely free to discuss Perhaps, which now floats around in decent quality after it was pseudo-released, instead of complaining about how poorly the band treats you. Complaining about how hard it is to be a fan and then complaining about people responding to that complaining, is three complaints in a row. 

16 minutes ago, kozydogg said:

For those who say it's never going to come out now: 

Why would they continue to soundcheck the song? Obviously, it's going to be played live, then released. 

Weren't they soundchecking OMG in the Ashba era and wasn't Going Down on a setlist (which we assumed to be a cover of the blues song)? They have got previous for this but I think the fact that it was a planned release with the artwork and the pre-save page means that it'll come out sooner rather than later. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rayvela said:

I heard the new version was trash. Can anyone comment?

I think it was quite a bit better than the version from the Village leaks. It lifted the song from being just good to very good, in my opinion. One of my problems with the early version was the sort-of muddled chorus, but it seems to have been somewhat resolved in mixing and with the addition of the demon voice. I also really liked Slash lead on the verses and hope it is more prominent on the high quality release than on the pub recordings.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, downzy said:

The key to enjoying this band is to stop caring.  Become agnostic about anything involved about what this band does or does not do.  It really doesn’t deserve anything more (or less).  Just find moments you can enjoy and forget all the rest. 

This is the position I have taken myself for years now. Also enjoy the unintentional comedy of this band as well. This touch tunes debacle was one of the funniest moments in the history of the band. 

• Like 1

Just now, AxlRoseCDII said:

The “just live your life” people mean well but should know we are living our life. We’re not sitting around all day staring at the counter or unable to get out of bed or function. But by the same metric it’s extremely valid to care and I think it’s not fair to say you shouldn’t be anticipatory or focus on new music. GNR means a lot to all of us, and some us fixate and focus on our hobbies in life, in general, more than others. 

But they are not focusing on new music. New music was just pseudo-released yet all they focus on is how badly treated they are by the band.