Perhaps - August 18. UPDATE IV: A New Hope (Radio Premiere Tomorrow?)

I wonder how much of the decision to release this as a single versus Atlas Shrugged had to do with the lukewarm reception to the leaked demo of the latter and the positive reception the Perhaps demo received 🤔 I was almost certain Atlas would be the next single but it seems like one of those songs Axl will tinker on forever.

Just now, DoMw94 said:

Only on Absurd, not Hard Skool. They made a point of saying Brain was on Absurd but not Hard Skool, so I highly doubt he was on that

Brain is on Hard Skool too, according to Melissa (but apparently the track was heavily edited).

They later removed the credit to Brain on Absurd, although it's him, probably because of the comments it generated regarding Frank etc.

• Like 1

Just now, Amir said:

I wonder how much of the decision to release this as a single versus Atlas Shrugged had to do with the lukewarm reception to the leaked demo of the latter and the positive reception the Perhaps demo received 🤔 I was almost certain Atlas would be the next single but it seems like one of those songs Axl will tinker on forever.

I doubt it played a part at all. Look at all the leaks, regardless of reception, Atlas and The General have been the ones talked about for years, yet we got Silkworms/Absurd first and none of us were talking about that. Then Hard Skool which had a bit of chatter but not much until it became clear it was coming.

If the talk around the leaks was influential in any way, the releases would've been different already in my opinion

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Brain is on Hard Skool too, according to Melissa (but apparently the track was heavily edited).

They later removed the credit to Brain on Absurd, although it's him, probably because of the comments it generated regarding Frank etc.

Oh wow, interesting. Hadn't heard that. Would love to read/hear more.

Strange choices to 1. Have a former member on a new release (lets leave opinions at the door) and 2. Have what is looking like 'just' a touring drummer regarded as an official member.

I feel for Frank. I like him, and if he's in the band, surely he should be on the latest releases.

I fear this could lead yet another thread down a Frank rabbit hole so I'll leave it there 😂

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Coma16 said:

I wonder if Frank and 4tus will promote it 

If he is on it there is no way he won't promote it, the real question is rather if Fortus is even on it lol, he was not on Absurd either, we got double Slash there, like on Locomotive. I doubt Franks drumming will ever be on any studio cut they will put out he's clearly the worst choice out of any of the drummers they use.

2 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

If he is on it there is no way he won't promote it, the real question is rather if Fortus is even on it lol, he was not on Absurd either, we got double Slash there, like on Locomotive. I doubt Franks drumming will ever be on any studio cut they will put out he's clearly the worst choice out of any of the drummers they use.

Didn't Fortus and Slash trade solos on Absurd? There are a couple of lead licks in there that no way they're Slash's

5 minutes ago, DoMw94 said:

Oh wow, interesting. Hadn't heard that. Would love to read/hear more.

Strange choices to 1. Have a former member on a new release (lets leave opinions at the door) and 2. Have what is looking like 'just' a touring drummer regarded as an official member.

I feel for Frank. I like him, and if he's in the band, surely he should be on the latest releases.

I fear this could lead yet another thread down a Frank rabbit hole so I'll leave it there 😂

3 minutes ago, tommyrai said:

I thought Frank was on hardskool?

https://www.melissareesemusic.com/about

(Scroll down)

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, tommyrai said:

He means he played on earlier versions of it when it was still Silkworms, and then they redid it all. It's worded a bit confusingly

2 minutes ago, tommyrai said:

Yeah, we've known that for a while. All the quotes about the songs and who played etc can be found here.:

https://www.a-4-d.com/t4135-hard-skool

https://www.a-4-d.com/t176-absud-silkworms

3 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

He means he played on earlier versions of it when it was still Silkworms, and then they redid it all. It's worded a bit confusingly

"I recut my guitars as well."

Which means he redid his parts. He played on the recordings. It's not confusing, the whole thing's pretty clear

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, DoMw94 said:

There is this odd situation where Brain is still associated with GN'R, sort of as an unofficial member/drummer. We still don't know why he was on tour with the band last year (for almost the whole tour) - he probably was employed.

• Like 2

Perhaps Democracy starts now! :lol:
Looking forward to hearing the final version - as for the solo I’m optimistic - live Slash is a lot like Jimmy Page - lots of improvisation and never plays the same thing twice (which is my preference when seeing live bands) but his studio stuff is always more polished. Slash’s guitar work made me actually like Silkworms. Huge Bumble fan and like his version but prefer Slash’s guitar parts. 

Edited by BassistSeb
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, DoMw94 said:

"I recut my guitars as well."

Which means he redid his parts. He played on the recordings. It's not confusing, the whole thing's pretty clear

Unless I'm completely retarded right now, wasn't it known here for the longest time that it was doubled Slash on Absurd, but unclear on HS? Or am I mixing it up with HS?

I agree that Slash did great work on Absurd. Aside from Brain’s drums being too low in the mix, that’s a fun song.

Hard Skool is a mess. Sounds more like a drum machine. I think even Frank could do better than whatever did the drums for the released Hard Skool, such a shame too as Josh’s drums are amazing. I’m sure Brain’s take during the CD era was too.

My guess is they will have physical media ready around the time they release the next single or singles. Why waste production on just one song? They should consolidate, minimally with two new songs like they did last time. Ideally, they will have more because 4 tracks on a CD gets boring fast, especially when two are live. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Unless I'm completely retarded right now, wasn't it known here for the longest time that it was doubled Slash on Absurd, but unclear on HS? Or am I mixing it up with HS?

That was speculated on here when the songs were just released. But not long after Fortus clarified that he re-recorded his parts for the new versions of both songs.

Edited by Blackstar

I think we are at the same situation of 2021, one song release at the start and another one between the middle and final of the tour.

The most important questions now are:

1. Which is the next song?

2. Are there more leftlovers left or this are the last ones?