Perhaps - August 18. UPDATE IV: A New Hope (Radio Premiere Tomorrow?)

10 minutes ago, Dean said:

I’d be surprised if the solo is different to what Slash was doing at the rehearsals but time will tell.

I wouldn't, he even plays the solos different on Estranged live now, I don't think he really goes for any note for note accurate approach anymore. Seeing as it was heard on just soundchecks and not real shows on top of that, he might have just played a what-the-fuck-ever sort of thing.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown

3 minutes ago, Stryker said:

If you were TB - and Perhaps was the song you had to get behind, what would your playbook be to promote it?

Late night appearance?

There are no late night shows right now because of the writers strike.  Also late night shows don't draw the viewership they used to.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Bitchisback said:

I think Tuesday. The countdown goes til Tuesday night here so I think they will probably play it Tuesday and say you can buy it at midnight.

But it also says August 11th (Friday).

The presave page is a draft. It'll probably be up on Monday or Tuesday and the timer will be set for a Friday release.

7 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Unless I'm completely retarded right now, wasn't it known here for the longest time that it was doubled Slash on Absurd, but unclear on HS? Or am I mixing it up with HS?

The thing is if the song is sent to Slash and he lays guitars down by himself, why would they need to keep 4tus on it. It's clear why it's just Slash, he could knock the guitar parts out in an afternoon. Rhythm and lead. 

Edited by rumandraisin

29 minutes ago, Stryker said:

If you were TB - and Perhaps was the song you had to get behind, what would your playbook be to promote it?

Late night appearance?

You’re assuming Axl wants to promote it

My guess is that them releasing these songs has more to do with their deal with Live Nation and the US Tour and it got them a little extra cash or it fulfills promotional requirements so they don’t have to do press 

36 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

I wouldn't, he even plays the solos different on Estranged live now, I don't think he really goes for any note for note accurate approach anymore. Seeing as it was heard on just soundchecks and not real shows on top of that, he might have just played a what-the-fuck-ever sort of thing.

I do hope that is the case, I hope to be proved wrong!

35 minutes ago, Bitchisback said:

Also late night shows don't draw the viewership they used to.

The viewership nowadays is in YouTube and social media. People watch clips of all of them online rather than watching one of them on TV

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

But it also says August 11th (Friday).

The presave page is a draft. It'll probably be up on Monday or Tuesday and the timer will be set for a Friday release.

Thats what I'm saying. I think the campaign will start Tuesday and they will play it that night at the concert. 

20 minutes ago, Gunner55 said:

I texted my dad alerting him of the goods news. This would ruin what little reputation I have left with him. 

I call my father
He's just a cunt now
He said I'm sick in the head
He said you ain't special
So who you foolin'
Don't try ta give me a line

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, Bitchisback said:

Thats what I'm saying. I think the campaign will start Tuesday and they will play it that night at the concert. 

Ah, I thought you were saying that it would be played live on Tuesday and then released at midnight on the same day.

I doubt they will debut it live before its release though. It just doesn't make sense to play it live while they have started a campaign in order to build anticipation. It would be a mistake if they did that.

Edited by Blackstar
  • Haha 1

I don't get the whole drooling over Robin's solo on this... 

It's not exactly a classic like NR or SCOM. The main part of the solo is about 12 seconds long... 

It's a solo that never really takes off

Edited by jacdaniel
  • Like 2