Perhaps - August 18. UPDATE IV: A New Hope (Radio Premiere Tomorrow?)

4 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

That was speculated on here when the songs were just released. But not long after Fortus clarified that he re-recorded his parts for the new versions of both songs.

Damn I believed that for like 2 years now, I guess I was checked out here for a while after HS came out and missed it. Then no doubt he will be on Perhaps too then.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown

3 minutes ago, Dani_1455 said:

I think we are at the same situation of 2021, one song release at the start and another one between the middle and final of the tour.

The most important questions now are:

1. Which is the next song?

2. Are there more leftlovers left or this are the last ones?

The General, State Of Grace and Atlas and allegedly Soul Monster all have completed vocals, I would be surprised if there was anything else finished left other than those.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dani_1455 said:

I think we are at the same situation of 2021, one song release at the start and another one between the middle and final of the tour.

If another song is going to be released this year, and I believe there will be, then I imagine we'll hear it at the soundchecks soon.  

Edited by We love Axl Rose
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

The General, State Of Grace and Atlas and allegedly Soul Monster all have completed vocals, I would be surprised if there was anything else finished left other than those.

I wouldn’t call State of Grace’s vocals finished. The remaining two songs after The General are probably just Atlas and Soul Monster. I know Axl claimed to have lyrics for Berlin, but he probably never got around to recording them. I guess there’s also Cuban Skies, but the description of that song made it seem dumb anyways.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Damn I believed that for like 2 years now, I guess I was checked out here for that while after HS came out. Then no doubt he will be on Perhaps too then.

Basically all current members are on HS and Absurd with the exception of Frank and a question mark for Dizzy (but he has a writing credit for Absurd anyway) and all parts were re-recorded except Axl's vocals and Brain's drums (but the latter were obviously edited).

I suppose it will be the same on Perhaps (and Dizzy will be on it as well).

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Dani_1455 said:

Obviously the General, is soundchecked partially and on setlists

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Damn I believed that for like 2 years now, I guess I was checked out here for a while after HS came out and missed it.

Perhaps you were wrong when you didn't see it... 😜

6 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Basically all current members are on HS and Absurd with the exception of Frank and a question mark for Dizzy (but he has a writing credit for Absurd anyway) and all parts were re-recorded except Axl's vocals and Brain's drums (but the latter were obviously edited).

I suppose it will be the same on Perhaps (and Dizzy will be on it as well).

Sorry to go off-topic here. I'm guessing you're the best person to ask this...

Chris Pitman was a writer of Silkworms, but not Absurd. What do you reckon the deal is there? When he left was it like "we'll give you $X if you sever all ties and renounce all claims"?

That situation's always intrigued me.

Edited by DoMw94

12 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

I wouldn’t call State of Grace’s vocals finished.

I know some people claim he sings gibberish and not words on some parts, and yeah it's hard to make out some parts, but not sure I believe that, I'm listening to it now and it sounds good enough to release to me. KISS has released way worse unintelligible songs in the 80s.

18 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Careful, folks around here don't like that kind of talk. You have to be a believer in massive vault theory

3 minutes ago, DoMw94 said:

Perhaps you were wrong when you didn't see it... 😜

Sorry to go off-topic here. I'm guessing you're the best person to ask this...

Chris Pitman was a writer of Silkworms, but not Absurd. What do you reckon the deal is there? When he left was it like "we'll give you $X if you sever all ties and renounce all claims"?

That situation's always intrigued me.

It was either that (maybe it was part of the settlement for his lawsuit) or simply his contributions to Silkworms were limited to the intro, and since that was gone (already in the 2006 version with Bumblefoot) he didn't get credit. I can't think of anything else.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jw224 said:

State of Grace needs the vocals re recorded, definitely. Although I wouldn't put it past them to use them anyway, lol. 

You can say that about many songs lol. It's not rare for bands to release songs where you can't understand shit. Sounds good enough to me on re-listening right now.

2 minutes ago, 2020_Intensions said:

Careful, folks around here don't like that kind of talk. You have to be a believer in massive vault theory

Are you saying Pele was right?

They release it after the Europe leg so some fans will be eager to hear it live and come back on the next Euro tour.

They release it before the US leg so people will buy more tickets for the US tour, cuz some are saying it is selling poorly.

Anyway, someone aware me- is this a CD leftover? Or a totally new song from scratch?

Just now, ChristmasFnatic said:

They release it after the Europe leg so some fans will be eager to hear it live and come back on the next Euro tour.

They release it before the US leg so people will buy more tickets for the US tour, cuz some are saying it is selling poorly.

Anyway, someone aware me- is this a CD leftover? Or a totally new song from scratch?

CD leftover. The band haven't created anything new. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, ChristmasFnatic said:

It's a 20+ year old song. There are no new songs from scratch. Even though some deluded members of this forum think there are, Slash said less than a year ago that they had not begun work on anything new.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, ChristmasFnatic said:

If any fan is going to a European show just so they hear one song played live they need their head checked.

A few hundred per show will care if they play a new song, max.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1