Perhaps - August 18. UPDATE IV: A New Hope (Radio Premiere Tomorrow?)

Just noticed the URL has "preview" and "draft" in it :P Looks like they need to set their CORS to allow Google Fonts to load. It's trying to load Helvetica but getting a 403 (forbidden) response:

Screenshot 2023-08-05 at 11.26.57.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Amir said:

Just noticed the URL has "preview" and "draft" in it :P Looks like they need to set their CORS to allow Google Fonts to load. It's trying to load Helvetica but getting a 403 (forbidden) response:

Screenshot 2023-08-05 at 11.26.57.png

Fernando's and don'ts of setting up a website.

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Towelie said:

I'd bet my life savings on that. 

Best case scenario, we get a second one-off single this year, but probably not.

I have it on good authority that the badabahba vocals from Quick Song are pasted into Perhaps.

More interresting than the song itself will be the way they handle it's release this time around.

Is there gonna be proper promotion, a real video and some kind of excitement coming from the band?

Or will it be the bare minimum again and a "we know it's just some old ass leftover tune, no big deal" approach? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, El Guapo said:

More interresting than the song itself will be the way they handle it's release this time around.

Is there gonna be proper promotion, a real video and some kind of excitement coming from the band?

Or will it be the bare minimum again and a "we know it's just some old ass leftover tune, no big deal" approach? 

No video unless it's support of an album.

• Like 1

Just now, El Guapo said:

Judging by the fact that it IS just some old ass leftover tune, I'm going with the last approach. If there's ever going to be some real video or promotion, it would have to be for a single from an actual album.

14 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

I'm guessing it'll be the latter. With the usual restriction on the band members able to talk about the song or release either similar to the last two. 

18 minutes ago, Coma16 said:

I have it on good authority that the badabahba vocals from Quick Song are pasted into Perhaps.

I did think that'd be hilarious and depressing if vocal as libs or a scream from Quick Song or Nothing end up in Perhaps. Then we really do know how little vocals they have left to play with. 

1 minute ago, Coma16 said:

I wonder if Frank and 4tus will promote it 

Maybe a share on insta of the typical Guns style post in black and white with a comment like "Are you ready for f'n Perhaps"

I think objectively it's the best song of the three released - others may disagree. I like both of the others but think this is the most accessible across the board of the three.

Not expecting any miracles but I'd be most confident of showing my friends this one. 

Hopefully there's some differences to freshen it up for those of us who've known about it for years but at least they're putting something out.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The Matinator said:

I think Brain did drums on the last two singles so my moneys on him.

Only on Absurd, not Hard Skool. They made a point of saying Brain was on Absurd but not Hard Skool, so I highly doubt he was on that