Perhaps - August 18. UPDATE IV: A New Hope (Radio Premiere Tomorrow?)

1 minute ago, allwaystired said:

Are people absolutely convinced this isn't another weird bit of trolling by someone? 

Definitely genuine? 

It's on universal's website as far as I can see, so very much doubt it's fake. 

• Like 1

From the rehearsals footage we have heard, I feel like Slash plays a solo similar in structure to Finck’s. The best case, is he’s playing Finck’s solo because they kept it in the mix. I realize this is unlikely. The next best case is Slash plays Finck’s solo. The most likely case is he probably plays his own solo, inspired by Finck’s work.

10 minutes ago, Joraz said:

i feel like the song will be played at the show tonight and i feel like itll leak before it officially comes out

I think neither will happen.  It will be probably debuted live after it's released (and that will be for the best).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sweersa said:

I agree that Slash did great work on Absurd. Aside from Brain’s drums being too low in the mix, that’s a fun song.

Hard Skool is a mess. Sounds more like a drum machine. I think even Frank could do better than whatever did the drums for the released Hard Skool, such a shame too as Josh’s drums are amazing. I’m sure Brain’s take during the CD era was too.

My guess is they will have physical media ready around the time they release the next single or singles. Why waste production on just one song? They should consolidate, minimally with two new songs like they did last time. Ideally, they will have more because 4 tracks on a CD gets boring fast, especially when two are live. 

We also don’t know if Hard Skool was reworked as its current version before Slash and Duff came back. We only know Absurd was basically the same because of the Bumblefoot leak in 2018. . Hard School could’ve been reworked prior to Slash and Duff returning 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, BillConnor_1982 said:

We also don’t know if Hard Skool was reworked as its current version before Slash and Duff came back. We only know Absurd was basically the same because of the Bumblefoot leak in 2018. . Hard School could’ve been reworked prior to Slash and Duff returning 

Yeah, I've always felt like HS was probably more similiar to the Slash version when he got to it than we would think. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DoMw94 said:

I always find it hilarious that people think the release of Perhaps will help shift tickets when 99% of people there just want to hear Welcome to the Jungle, Sweet Child O' Mine, and Paradise City

It's not necessarily the song, but the promtion and news around the band that generates the tickets. people may have forgotten about GnR, then they keep hearing them mentioned or advertised because they have a new song and find out there's shows, and boom they go. And then there is the 1% chance it is a hit or goes big on tiktok or a tv commercial and boom creates a new generation of fans.  (unlikely). But what it will not do in any way shape or form is HARM ticket sales. There is only upside, whether tiny or big, to releasing new music.  

• Like 3

For anyone reading this thread after the release of the song, I have submitted the webpage to the archive.org wayback machine for anyone to cherish what the site looked like pre-release of the song.

https://web.archive.org/web/20230805151455/https://preview.mira.umusic.com/page-preview/draft/9138a71f5227422888c7a1c83f1c85a9

Edited by VeeR
  • Like 2