Perhaps - New Guns N' Roses Single - Discussion

27 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I get it (I didn't at first), it's the sports fan mentality. They want their "team" (band) to win, to be champions again, to make them proud so they can brag to their friends/fans of other "teams".

But music should not be about this. All that should matter is whether someone enjoys it or not. I may follow the charts or ticket sales for "educational purposes", but I really don't care about this stuff.

I think it can be about both. Plus the more success you have, the more likely you’ll be convinced to release more so it works out. 

16 minutes ago, marinergtfc said:

So is this out  on Spotify NZ yet?

It’s on Spotify, but for me it seems to know I’m connected to a VPN so is blocking access, but looks like it will probably be available “tonight” whatever location you’re in

I listened to the YouTube version because I couldn’t wait 

Edited by dave94

4 minutes ago, Martin Riggs said:

When I search Guns N Roses Perhaps on google the first result is the demo on YouTube. 🤦🏻‍♂️Fucking idiots for letting that happen. 

??

pJNvl1U_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

Even if the demo is the first result Guns n Roses doesn't control Google.  It's just an algorithm 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Tyson said:

I downloaded a VPN and still can't find a working link to this song anywhere. WTF?!?! This shouldn't be so difficult 

You need to select the VPN region to somewhere far east presumably a country where it’s already past midnight. It’s on YouTube under “releases”, not on the main video list

• Like 1

I was never a fan of this song, even back when it leaked in 2019.

With that said, I think it's the best "re-recording" out of the 3 released singles. From a technical POV, anyway. The additions are all good, they make the song sound more "alive" and less like a demo. I liked Slash's solo but, as I expected, I like Robin's solo more. I also think it's bizarre that they kept his for like one second. The mix is good, I can actually understand the chorus now.

Absurd remains as my personal favorite. That song is a banger both studio and live.

Absurd > Perhaps > Hard Skool

• ABSUЯD 1

4 minutes ago, dave94 said:

It’s on Spotify, but for me it seems to know I’m connected to a VPN so is blocking access, but looks like it will probably be available “tonight” whatever location you’re in

I listened to the YouTube version because I couldn’t wait 

People were mentioning earlier that along with using the VPN you need to log out of your Spotify account as that’s telling the platform where you’re actually from. 

16 minutes ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

So THE casuals are 20 people in the comment section of a magazine? Interesting. I guess it's the decided then, the public hates the song. Let's close the forum 

Not to mention online reviews always heavily lean negative. 

1 hour ago, ragamuffin said:

Great song !! Slashs riffs an solo are really cool. Drums are a bit boring. Duff is on fire !! The backvocls are bit blah on pre chorus and hides the guitars. Axl is AMAZING !!! Althou the chorus rythm is a bit dragging. Masterpiece !!!

Duff apparently on backing vox too 

2 hours ago, ryanf23 said:

Has it been discussed yet the possible reasons for a 8 ball chosen as artwork? I’m not a gnr theorist lol, I truly believe half the shit they do right is by accident. But, could the 8 ball be a message about looking in to the future (aka more music)

side note: even typing this makes me want to punch myself in the face for even bringing it up lol

8 tracks coming! Source: GNR artwork

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, GNRfanMILO said:

I was never a fan of this song, even back when it leaked in 2019.

With that said, I think it's the best "re-recording" out of the 3 released singles. From a technical POV, anyway. The additions are all good, they make the song sound more "alive" and less like a demo. I liked Slash's solo but, as I expected, I like Robin's solo more. I also think it's bizarre that they kept his for like one second. The mix is good, I can actually understand the chorus now.

Absurd remains as my personal favorite. That song is a banger both studio and live.

Absurd > Perhaps > Hard Skool

Yanno, I loved Perhaps when it leaked in 2019. But I fell out of love with it months later. I don’t love it, I don’t hate it. I def like the song overall I just falls into the middle of the pack for me. I’m just happy they’re releasing music. 

I heard it with a VPN and selected New Zealand as the location. Listened to it on my phone so def need to hear it again on better speakers. It's a mild improvement over the demo. Nothing spectacular, though it's not intended as such. An older song worked on, cleaned up and put out there for the fans. It's not supposed to be some epic official first single for a new comeback album. I like that they're putting these out there like this. I just hope that Absurd, Hard Skool, Perhaps and whatever other Chin Dem era stuff released in this manner won't be included on any future album. If this IS, in fact, the case, perhaps (no pun intended) that's why these songs aren't spectacular. It's just some fun, cool stuff that Axl worked on that allows for new music for the fans without the pressure of an official new single/album.

Edited by Tyson
  • Like 1