Perhaps - New Guns N' Roses Single - Discussion

Need to get up early to get Robert Plant tickets tomorrow but screw it, I'm staying up - t minus ten minutes here in the UK! My Mum was like - "Wait, haven't you already heard this a bunch of times?" :lol: It's impossible to explain how it feels to be a GN'R fan haha. 

• Haha 2

Has it been confirmed when Brain did the drum track for this - ie peak NuGuns era or the same time as Slash and Duff did their parts? I’m sure I read on here that he’s still technically a member of the band as he never actually left. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, klakly said:

Now for me only one question remains: what name to give to the folder with the 3 singles? 😁😂

Suggestions are accepted

Thawed Out

Or 

Released at Gun point....

47 minutes ago, Roses4L said:

Here's my corny 90's music video idea for Perhaps.. You see Axl get on a train.... sits down with Beta, Vanessa and Fernando.  Then the train takes off with song the starting to play.  Show's Axl looking out the window of the train, while Team Brazil is having a conversation with themselves.  while he's looking out the window, it cuts to old clips of GnR on stage, behind the scenes footage... ( thinking about old times).  Then it cuts back to the train and the camera's goes row by row... with Duff and Slash sitting in one row... 4tus, Dizzy, Frank, Melissa in the other...     then it show's 2016- 2022 clips of the band performing and backstage... Then it cuts back to Axl looking out the window smiling... then the songs fades out.... while you see back of the train continuing to it's destination. 

As it pulls back you see a big logo saying "The Pain Train!!!"

I like it a lot more than I thought I would. Way better than the demo!

I personally like Slash's solo - just wish it went for longer - feels like its about to take off and then it finishes.

There's nothing like a new GnR song - it really makes me happy!

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, klakly said:

Now for me only one question remains: what name to give to the folder with the 3 singles? 😁😂

Suggestions are accepted

"The Three Burials Of W. Axl Rose"

"Making F'N' Artistic Bankruptcy, Parts I - IV"

"Appetite For Chinese Leftovers (Doggy Bag Edition)"

"Copy, Paste N' Brickwall: The Return Of The Mack Daddy"

"The Very Rest Of Guns N' Roses"

"Where's Izzy?"

You're welcome. ;)

8 minutes ago, BassistSeb said:

Has it been confirmed when Brain did the drum track for this - ie peak NuGuns era or the same time as Slash and Duff did their parts? I’m sure I read on here that he’s still technically a member of the band as he never actually left. 

According to what Slash has said in interviews, they worked with existing drum tracks. So apparently Brain's tracks are from the early 00's.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Blackstar said:

According to what Slash has said in interviews, they worked with existing drum tracks. So apparently Brain's tracks are from the early 00's.

Ah, cool, thanks for clarifying! 

The song sounds absolutely epic on Spotify. The strongest of the three tracks for sure although HS would have made a great comeback single back in 2016. 

Edited by BassistSeb
  • Like 2

1. Absurd 2/10. I like Slash’s guitar but otherwise terrible. I would give it a 1/10 but that reserved for the worst of the worst My World

2. Hard Skool 5.5/10. It’s decent. It’s fine. I would give the demo a 6/10. It’s about the same level as Shacklers Revenge. 

3. Perhaps 6.5/10 Definitely the best new song released so far. The finished version is definitely better than the demo. About at the same level as Catcher but not quite as good as the Blues

7 hours ago, colonizedmind said:

Weird that for like a day they were knocking down all the leaks like they hired someone specifically on a 24 HR contract to do that...now they don't seem to care that it's out. Fine by me, I like having the demos and instrumentals to link people to on YT. Hopefully played live tomorrow....Some press release which also may allude hopefully to a physical release (with extras!)....that may be down the line if history serves....so let's see in the next couple of months if we get a 2nd tune and then an EP and probably a lyric video too (it was 2 and half months after initial HS release for that ! 😉)

I reckon the ones knocking down the leaks were the dumb tb fan boys or whatever they like to be called whose also been reporting videos for the last few years.