Perhaps - New Guns N' Roses Single - Discussion

7 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

It pisses me off they don't release the CD stuff as it was, without NITL players.

The CD stuff was always coming out with the current new players of the time (Bumble etc) playing over the old players like Bucket anyway....so it's not a new trend !

Edited by colonizedmind
  • Like 3

Written and recorded by Axl Rose, Slash, and Duff McKagan this year, it stands out as the legendary rock band’s first release since 2021 and first collective new composition and recording together in thirty years since 1993’s “The Spaghetti Incident?”

First collective new composition in 30 years? Are they selling Perhaps as a "new" song?

2 minutes ago, Moro said:

Written and recorded by Axl Rose, Slash, and Duff McKagan this year, it stands out as the legendary rock band’s first release since 2021 and first collective new composition and recording together in thirty years since 1993’s “The Spaghetti Incident?”

First collective new composition in 30 years? Are they selling Perhaps as a "new" song?

There's definitely a bit of trickery going on with these statements. Perhaps it's an all new recording, voice too, and the "writing" refers to the new composition.

16 minutes ago, UYI4 said:

I think my only issue with the Final released version of this song is the weird prechorus mixes of the oooooo” sounds or maybe it’s a synth.  They come in quite loud.  I only probably notice that type of shit being a musician.  Sometimes I wish I wasn’t someone who got into writing and recording because I overanalyze that shit.  Average fan won’t care.  I wonder if the general will even have slash and Duff if it’s a B-side.  Call me greedy but I hope they release at least a few more songs within the next year while they’re off.  One thing that is cool is in that video you can tell they dubbed some parts just for the video for the singing parts and one thing that stands out all of that footage.  Axl is definitely the happiest I’ve seen him in my 30+ years of being a fan. Let’s just hope their bow at the end of the video isn’t their last.

It’s definitely a synth sound, not a bad idea in itself but way too loud 

• GNFNR 1

14 minutes ago, gonzalo palmese said:

Hey folks don't know if it's mentioned but I remember Baz talking bout the general saying it was AMAZING does anyone remember that? 

Yeah he said in 2007 that it was his favorite of all the songs Axl had played him and that it has “screaming vocals.”

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, DingBat said:

There's definitely a bit of trickery going on with these statements. Perhaps it's an all new recording, voice too, and the "writing" refers to the new composition.

On Spotify, Perhaps is credited to Guns n'Roses, not individual songwriters. That's clever.

Edited by Chuzeville
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Moro said:

The only way this makes sense is that the song originated in the 90’s before the breakup 

Recording could mean there are some new vocals in there somewhere 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Dangom1 said:

Did people consider November Rain, Back off bitch, you could be mine appetite left overs since they were written before Appetite came out or does this only apply to Chinese era songs? 🤷

Such an apples to oranges comparison. Smh

6 minutes ago, bumbleslash69 said:

Marketing lingo to trick people into thinking it’s new without saying it’s new. What it actually means it’s the first time Axl has recorded and composed music with Slash and Duff in 30 years. Compose doesn’t mean the whole song was built from scratch. It’s a half truth statement. 

yes but what's the difference between HS, Absurd and Perhaps, speaking of composing and writing? 

7 minutes ago, bumbleslash69 said:

Marketing lingo to trick people into thinking it’s new without saying it’s new. What it actually means it’s the first time Axl has recorded and composed music with Slash and Duff in 30 years. Compose doesn’t mean the whole song was built from scratch. It’s a half truth statement. 

hqdefault.jpg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, guitarpatch said:

The only way this makes sense is that the song originated in the 90’s before the breakup 

It’s just trickery man. Slash adds some new guitar and duff adds a couple things and boom, “new” song! It’s just lame 

5 minutes ago, guitarpatch said:

Why would it have to be from the 90's?

If they got in a studio together this year and created it from the ground up from only Axl's lyrics and piano (maybe even with Brain in studio) the statement makes some kind of sense.

I mean November Rain and Estranged existed in a stripped down form before Slash and Duff got anywhere near it.

Edited by DingBat
  • Like 1

What makes this all even funnier is that they refer to it as their first new composition together since TSI… Did they forget that TSI is a covers album?

Just now, DingBat said:

Why would it have to be from the 90's?

If they got in a studio together this year and created it from the ground up from only Axl's lyrics and piano (maybe even with Brain in studio) the statement makes some kind of sense.

I mean November Rain and estranged existed before Slash and Duff got anywhere near it.

But Slash and Duff don’t have writing credits on those.

• Like 1