Perhaps - New Guns N' Roses Single - Discussion

Full disclosure: this is probably crazy. However the vinyl only release coupled with  the mythical The General being relegated to a b-side has me thinking a new album may be closer than we think. Otherwise, I feel they would’ve milked this release a la Hard Sokol with multiple vinyl releases and a CD release. I feel that The General as b-side hooks a bunch of vinyl purchases exclusively through the GnR store, and then the same people buy the same songs when the album is announced in the next 3-6 months. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, rumandraisin said:

What rumblings 

Someone on Reddit who predicted the right release date for The General had also said that Atlas would follow in November, tho maybe that was just a coincidence.

18 minutes ago, jamillos said:

The first one is 3 seconds in. This guy is deeply rooted... somewhere. 

Deeply rooted into Axl’s ass.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Trin9498 said:

Song sounds better than demo. I love the layered piano. Agree with others though….solo is low spot. 

How can solo be a low spot on a GNR song 😱 FFS Slash should milk the solo through to the last verse/chorus 

Edited by THELINESMAN
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, veon said:

Full disclosure: this is probably crazy. However the vinyl only release coupled with  the mythical The General being relegated to a b-side has me thinking a new album may be closer than we think. Otherwise, I feel they would’ve milked this release a la Hard Sokol with multiple vinyl releases and a CD release. I feel that The General as b-side hooks a bunch of vinyl purchases exclusively through the GnR store, and then the same people buy the same songs when the album is announced in the next 3-6 months. 

I could see that happening. If (big if) there was to be an album I would think HS, Absurd, Perhaps and General would all be on it. 

8 hours ago, Ak1nney said:

If you don't own a decent pair of headphones or speakers, do you even love music? It blows my mind that someone would listen on just built-in laptop speakers or just a phone. So yes, I agree.

High end speakers and headphones will set you back a pretty penny. I won’t even mention how much my system costs. 

5 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

I could see that happening. If (big if) there was to be an album I would think HS, Absurd, Perhaps and General would all be on it. 

If we do get an album I think it’ll just be a Lies 2 type of thing where the a-side is just all the songs they worked on during Covid (and Perhaps, assuming it really was only done this year like they’re saying) and the b-side will just be remixes of some CD songs with Slash/Duff or live tracks.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MrDeano said:

How slow was the UK merch store site, has taken me nearly an hour to order my single, shirt and magic 8 ball. But order in, roll on the 27th Oct 🤟😁🤟

Can't find the merch for perhaps... 

Got it, thanks. 

But not for Europe?! 

Edited by ZODIAC

11 hours ago, CoBrA2168 said:

Just imagine if you could go back to 1999 or whenever the original demo was recorded and put together and tell Axl “I come from the future, and I’m here to tell you that you’ll release this song in 2023 with Slash and Duff on it.”

It’s just crazy to think what roller coaster the band has been through over the years.

rs-102473-005-axl-paparazzi.webp

• Haha 2