Perhaps - New Guns N' Roses Single - Discussion

7 minutes ago, Teroz said:

Brain is the best drummer the band ever had, all a round drumming Outlook wise. Steven was the best sound, the swing man - Phil Rudd type of gem in him. But Brain got Stevens groove, wasnt a robot on the UYI stuff like Matt and slays Frank to bits on any CD number. Miss him.

It is an Ok song, better than a few that made on CD and I love that album, so good effort. But I am really waiting for the General, Tommy Stinson likes It, Thus I reckon I will.

best regards,

oldie member since 2002

Good to hear some "oldies"signing in with thoughts, that's what it's all about! Bringing everyone back together, that's another great thing about today! AND there's more to come....show time soon! 

• Like 1
  • ABSUЯD 1

7 hours ago, Angeles_ said:

Ive seen Sante D'Orazio, Del James, Chrissie Hynde Dave Grohl John 5 and Tommy Lee, (besides Beta, Fernando, Vanessa, Bacha, Meegan, Sussan and the techs)

Dizzys wife sitting at the back of the stage at one shot

Plus del James and jordan

Edited by Stay.Of.Execution

20 hours ago, kingcanyon said:

i feel like its about either Axl or Izzy

20 hours ago, Blackstar said:

I think the verse and the chorus are about different themes. 

I can't help thinking that the chorus is about Slash again :lol:

Yeah, if it was written late 90s or whatever, cant help but think it is about Slash cuz Axl was very bitter then. Could be about Izzy too.

who is the savior he is talking about? Himself or GNR as a whole?

2 minutes ago, ChristmasFnatic said:

Yeah, if it was written late 90s or whatever, cant help but think it is about Slash cuz Axl was very bitter then. Could be about Izzy too.

who is the savior he is talking about? Himself or GNR as a whole?

The verses don't seem to be about the band/former band mates in relation to himself, but about something much more personal (romantic relationship or even his family). The chorus could be about himself or the band. In the latter case it would be mostly about Slash - doesn't makes much sense to be about Izzy.

Just now, Blackstar said:

The verses don't seem to be about the band/former band mates in relation to himself, but about something much more personal (romantic relationship or even his family). The chorus could be about himself or the band. In the latter case it would be mostly about Slash - doesn't makes much sense to be about Izzy.

Yeah I was thinking the "you're all alone" part was him singing about himself.

I especially love the "My sense of rejection Is no excuse for my behaviour" part. Very mature

• Like 1

My interpretation is that the verses is Axl scolding himself somewhat for having ended some relationship (love interest, former band mates), while the chorus I interpret, for unknown reasons, as someone else chastising Axl for having been a fool.

A really self-reflective song, in either way.

2 minutes ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

I especially love the "My sense of rejection Is no excuse for my behaviour" part. Very mature

The "you're all alone" part yes, could be about himself. The other lines in the chorus don't seem to be about himself though - I don't think he would go so far in self-blaming.

4 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

The "you're all alone" part yes, could be about himself. The other lines in the chorus don't seem to be about himself though - I don't think he would go so far in self-blaming.

I don’t either, this is the same Axl who wrote “I’m sorry for you, not sorry for me”…

Since we're talking lyrics, themes and meanings...

If General is what we think it's about....it could be one of Axl's most personal and painful lyrics ever....his childhood....

Just now, Sausagebrain said:

Just downloaded a ludicrously expensive hi-res file of Perhaps, and played it through a ludicrously expensive hi-fi via a ludicrously expensive USB cable. 

And all the elements sound much better. 

Be more specific....as I will do the same if so!

13 minutes ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

Maybe the trilogy was gonna mature in themes, in fact, wasn't it meant to get far darker, was his original comments,.on here I believe? 

5 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

Since we're talking lyrics, themes and meanings...

If General is what we think it's about....it could be one of Axl's most personal and painful lyrics ever....his childhood....

I've always been curious about why "we" think it's about child abuse. Where does that come from? Just Evader's interpretation of the lyrics or there is something else?

1 minute ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Why a vinyl and not a cd?

Who has a record players these days?

Probably around the same number of people who have a CD player... :lol:

I have a CD player in my truck but I can't remember the last time I played one at home - I'm either listening to vinyl or my ipod/bluetooth speaker around the house...

I think the Hard Skool CD's and cassette's were announced shortly after the 7" vinyl, I'm sure Perhaps will get a CD eventually too (probably with some live tracks)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1