"The General" is officially delayed... but "The General" AND "Monsters" is (unofficially) out of the bag

14 minutes ago, betterman said:

Its difficult for us GNR fans to take a "hint" 

We have some sort of confirmation from the tour manager, Slash and Richard 4tus that they are doing a new album after the tour, but we still not believe :P

If we believed something every time we had a 'hint' we'd all be in a lunatic asylum. 

Unless it's out, don't believe it with GNR. Been that way since 1991. 

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

2 hours ago, colonizedmind said:

What's 4Tus said regarding a new album (in recent times) ?

We’re clearing things out — priming the pumps for things that have been around that we wanna get out and release before releasing new music," he says.

https://www.stltoday.com/life-entertainment/local/music/st-louisan-richard-fortus-of-guns-n-roses-finally-makes-it-to-biggest-hometown-stage/article_48d6409a-48dc-11ee-8ab3-2731484c4382.html

Edited by betterman
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, rumandraisin said:

They all want it. Everyone wants it. It's about sitting down and figuring out what to do and seriously look at what they have, but everyone wants to do it...

They're always writing and working on new ideas too.

Just need to get this 2012/2013/2014/2015/2016/2017/2018/2019/2020/2021/2022/2023 tour done and then they can concentrate on it. 

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, Nick85 said:

I’ve been thinking about how many of us are regarding the release of The General with the same level of excitement that fans of other bands have for full a length LP release. They really don’t deserve us. 😆

It's the mystery around it and how long it took.

BlackBerry Smoke is releasing a new album and I'm like "ok, nice, I'll check it out when it becomes available" and that's it. BUT usually they do release some great songs which I enjoy, sometimes even more than with GNR.

But just imagine the sheer time I've been reading about The General. I joined this forum in 2007 (!) and before that I was already lurking on HTGTH.

It's crazy.

After all this time I just want to hear the truth, quite literally. We've all been reading about the vault. The General is part of that mystique.

It better not suck :shrugs:

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Lethalis said:

BlackBerry Smoke is releasing a new album and I'm like "ok, nice, I'll check it out when it becomes available" and that's it. BUT usually they do release some great songs which I enjoy, sometimes even more than with GNR.

But just imagine the sheer time I've been reading about The General. I joined this forum in 2007 (!) and before that I was already lurking on HTGTH.

It's crazy.

After all this time I just want to hear the truth, quite literally. We've all been reading about the vault. The General is part of that mystique.

I've been around since the first HTGTH version. Used to download a lot of demos like Crash Diet and others from a website called GNRWarehouse. That was like 1998. :duff:

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Lethalis said:

It's crazy.

I remember vividly talking about it when it was first mentioned to a buddy of mine my senior year of high school circa 2003 after it was first mentioned by Marco Beltrami. I turn 38 in November. Life is funny!

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Its Tino said:

I’m going to take a forum sabbatical after everyone has heard The General. I was pretty bummed reading some of the negative feedback on Absurd, HS and Perhaps :lol: 

I’m so easy to please I’m very confident I’m going to dig it. 

Oh same here. I’ll wait a good bit before checking in to see all the usual suspects blather on about whatever minute issues they have with the mix that completely ruins the song for them. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Nick85 said:

I’ve been thinking about how many of us are regarding the release of The General with the same level of excitement that fans of other bands have for full a length LP release. They really don’t deserve us. 😆

Agreed. I know much of this fan base is insane but the hardcore GNR fan base is also extremely loyal. So many fans have stayed the course through the painfully long wait for CD and the baffling wait for this pez dispensed version of CD2. 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Arnuld said:

Agreed. I know much of this fan base is insane but the hardcore GNR fan base is also extremely loyal. So many fans have stayed the course through the painfully long wait for CD and the baffling wait for this pez dispensed version of CD2. 

Well, others waited even longer and still wait for a proper release since the 90s.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Voodoochild said:

I've been around since the first HTGTH version. Used to download a lot of demos like Crash Diet and others from a website called GNRWarehouse. That was like 1998. :duff:

GNRMP3Warehouse - I think the owner was Seth?? I remember downloading the HOB show there and maybe even OMG when it first dropped. And some custom KOHD music video. Those were the days…

• GNFNR 1

12 hours ago, betterman said:

We’re clearing things out — priming the pumps for things that have been around that we wanna get out and release before releasing new music," he says.

https://www.stltoday.com/life-entertainment/local/music/st-louisan-richard-fortus-of-guns-n-roses-finally-makes-it-to-biggest-hometown-stage/article_48d6409a-48dc-11ee-8ab3-2731484c4382.html

Sounds promising....if we're take it literal, as most of us nutters usually do...he's alluding to more stuff to come besides what's announced, as in Atlas November (or soon) may happen and maybe, just maybe something as it's B-Side...then we complete the "infamous 6" (or so...) And work on the "new music" sometime post tour, as Slash always initially said...folks, the prophecy is real! And it's happening....on Axl time tho 🤞

We will put them all out until we have an albums worth. I can see that being an EP's worth now...and the fact the official site hasn't copy over LP/CD like for last releases, I can only imagine a package of that's to come and may included the half album Slash alluded to once upon a time in Classic Rock. Stay tuned....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, McCoyGNR said:

GNRMP3Warehouse - I think the owner was Seth?? I remember downloading the HOB show there and maybe even OMG when it first dropped. And some custom KOHD music video. Those were the days…

Yeah, I think so. I’m not positive about OMG, but I did download there the End of Days trailer with a very brief snippet of the song before it was released. 

I remember I downloaded those Vegas mp3 there. First he uploaded WTTJ, then followed up by Chinese, which I found very weird and simple. Then he uploaded Riad and I was like “yeah, that’s AFD on steroids indeed”. Nobody else agrees with me lol. 

59 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

Probably at like 96bit and it took like 3 days to download one song, eh? 😏

hahaha, I think it was already 128 kbps. I guess here at MyGnr (the main site, not the board) there was some crappy real audio files. I absolutely hated it. 

52 minutes ago, Skamos66 said:

Honestly, this is out of this world luck to be in this timeline lol. This band could have died after Appetite, gotten canceled over One in a Million, Axl could have never started NuGNR, the reunion could have never occurred, Axl could have never filled in for AC/DC, Axl's voice could have never returned for 2006 & 09/2010 and stayed 2002 forever, the village sessions could have never leaked, but now we are soon to experience shows with Hardskool, Perhaps, The General, There Was a Time, Locomotive, Pretty Tied Up, Anything Goes, Reckless Life, Bad Obsession, even Street of Dreams with fucking Slash and a likely album to come within the next year or so... Who turned on Creative Mode?? lmao

Some good smokes tonight? 💨🚬

• Haha 3