"The General" is officially delayed... but "The General" AND "Monsters" is (unofficially) out of the bag

So, I don’t have the patience to look through all 84 pages here, but what I’ve gathered….

The general might be released Friday, or next Friday, or the Friday after that, or maybe even never…

It might be vinyl only, or you might be able to stream it, or you might have to climb to a mountain top and locate the spirit of Yoda to hear it.

It’s an instrumental with no lyrics and screaming heavy vocals

so essentially we know nothing.

• Like 2
  • PERHAPS 1

1 hour ago, Its Tino said:

Why are some people getting their hopes up for a release earlier than the 27th??? Because 4tus said they might play it live??? How accurate has 4tus been at answering questions about new music over the past 17 years??? :facepalm:

Don’t do this to yourselves!

It was on the setlist and on the technical crew list in that video. They rehearsed the song to play it live. 

• Like 2

We all know that this band is fantastic at shooting themselves in the foot, but let’s hope that they’re at least smart enough to realize the revenue that they’ll be screwing themselves out of if they’re dumb enough to not make the General available for download and streaming. 

Because I’m sure that at least one Good Samaritan with rip it from their vinyl and share it with the rest of us. 

• Like 1

Realistically speaking they probably aren't going to release The General digitally until the physical release is out or a short time thereafter and I am assuming it won't be played live until it is out - I see currently no reason to hit the panic button until that timeframe actually comes

• Like 4

2 hours ago, NewGNROldGNR said:

While I'd like to think there's no way they could fuck up this release and keep it vinyl only, I do need to remember what band this is.

Even if it's Vinyl only, it's closer to the General than we probably thought we'd ever get a mere 2 months ago, right? 

• Like 1