"The General" is officially delayed... but "The General" AND "Monsters" is (unofficially) out of the bag

58 minutes ago, Its Tino said:

I don't think we’re going to hear it live on this tour at all. It’s as everyone loves to mention not a single and it hasn’t been sound checked. 

I think we will on the 27th or it’ll debut at the Hollywood Bowl

40 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

4tus says otherwise for what that's worth....🤔

When did he say this. 

45 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

4tus says otherwise for what that's worth....🤔

Exactly lol. He has a terrible track record. 

Just now, ZoSoRose said:

It was on the setlist in the summer. Now I believe even more

OMG was also previously on the setlist. And I believe they ever had a backing video prepared. 

I don’t care for a live version of The General, it’s gonna be weird seeing how nobody is cheering for what it actually is the most hyped unreleased track in the history of this band, and then i would just imagine an ok instrumentation with Slash’s weak (gain wise) tone and the usual awful vocals except for the screams, and to top all of that the next day we get those articles of “GnR debuts new song live” with a misleading 2019 fat Axl thumbnail pic.

Btw they haven’t soundchecked it, right? We know how it is, they do at least 1-2 months of soundcheck before the actual debut 

2 hours ago, Stro said:

Actually there was a soundcheck video that sounded very much like parts of Evader's version of The General earlier in the year, and another that sounded like the outro of Oklahoma.

It sounded nothing like Evader's version to me (but of course it could be parts of The General anyway).

There is no way it won't be streamable. I mean, sure, it might be possible that it's not the official version we will be streaming, but there will be dozens of rips on Youtube.

Edited by jekylhyde

Well, I do think this is an Italy thing.  If you go to the italian Universal Music web store, you'll see the vinyl has a placeholder date of 12/21/2023. However, US and UK stores still show the 27th. Let's wait and see, but I do think this is about the italian release only.

Edited by CaioAKR

7 hours ago, Its Tino said:

Exactly lol. He has a terrible track record. 

OMG was also previously on the setlist. And I believe they ever had a backing video prepared. 

Yeah when i leaked a picture of the live graphics video for Street of Dreams like a year or so ago, Creative Works came after me with a DMCA and said they have videos for all songs played or not, including Oh My God.

and told me to "Lawyer Up!" if i leaked any of the others lmao

Edited by Skamos66
  • Wow 1

44 minutes ago, klakly said:

https://radiorock.it/guns-n-roses-rimandata-a-data-da-destinarsi-uscita-nuova-the-general/?fbclid=IwAR2o8uhnB7qwo2H2e19OsS2zVSKsBBbzFOJNoLHCOd8fJC7km9kCe660psk

For those who cannot translate from Italian, it says that the 7" vinyl of "Perhaps" and thus "The General" will be postponed until a date to be determined, and "The General" will not be available for download load/streaming.

This is the same Italian page that had given the news about the postponement of "Perhaps."

Does anyone know anything about this?

I don't know if it is reliable.

wow 

12 minutes ago, CaioAKR said:

Well, I do think this is an Italy thing.  If you go to the Univeral Music web store, you'll see the vinyl has a placeholder date of 12/21/2023. However, US and UK stores still show the 27th. Let's wait and see, but I do think this is about the italian release only.

I really hope it doesn’t change for us.