"The General" is officially delayed... but "The General" AND "Monsters" is (unofficially) out of the bag

12 minutes ago, bumbleslash69 said:

Gotta love it lol. The fanaticism surrounding Chinese Democracy will always be the best. You just can't beat the level of excitement and conspiracy surrounding anything related to that album, those recording sessions, and the singles GNR has been putting out. 

Problem is that Axl loves it too I'm afraid.

If he would release the songs that would be over. If GNR releases a new album that would be over.

Nobody will care anymore. We would just listen to the songs and move on after that. People here are even disappointed that the title is "The General and Monsters" :lol: What if it doesn't live up to the hype? Oh dear.

I just hope I like it and maybe can use it for my Halloween tracklist.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Axls_Moustache_Rules said:

c0t3xfp6trcw04y6e.jpg

c0t3xym661vhrep6u.jpg

From the album legend of the red

*** panda ***

😱

God, didn't take long...I forsaw it all....yes, I did.... 🙊🎃

4 minutes ago, Coma16 said:

Some people think there aren't vocals and Slash won't be on it ...

Those people are posting from the insane Asylum launch break computer cafe....

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Coma16 said:

Some people think there aren't vocals and Slash won't be on it ...

3 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

Those people are posting from the insane Asylum launch break computer cafe....

Yeah good point - considering I've been on the forum for almost 20 years, been through the deafening silence along with leaks and eventual CD release, you'd think I'd know better than to expect common sense from this place :lol:

• Haha 2

Don’t get me wrong, I’m horribly anxious to finally listen to The General, but I think it’s gonna be very bittersweet. Of course there’s Soulmonster, Oklahoma etc left, but with the history this fanbase has with the unheard songs, it truly feels like the ChiDem era finally will be bookended come Friday.

What’s next? We have nothing that we know of on the horizon in regards to post-reunion new material. After hearing Atlas, Hardskool, Perhaps, all of the locker CD’s and soon The General, it kind of feels like the final stop of a long journey. A part of me is kind of going to miss the mystery!

• Like 4

1 minute ago, kruelty said:

Don’t get me wrong, I’m horribly anxious to finally listen to The General, but I think it’s gonna be very bittersweet. Of course there’s Soulmonster, Oklahoma etc left, but with the history this fanbase has with the unheard songs, it truly feels like the ChiDem era finally will be bookended come Friday.

What’s next? We have nothing that we know of on the horizon in regards to post-reunion new material. After hearing Atlas, Hardskool, Perhaps, all of the locker CD’s and soon The General, it kind of feels like the final stop of a long journey. A part of me is kind of going to miss the mystery!

I think there’ll always be mystery until we hear Soul Monster, Oklahoma, maybe the redone Atlas, Seven, but I agree that realistically The General is the end and final CDII song we’ll hear. With OMG and Going Down (even if officially unreleased, we’ve heard a complete version), we have 20 CD songs, so at least it feels sort of like we’ve gotten 2 albums worth of songs from this era. I don’t really think GNR will ever actually release new-new music so this may be the last release in their discography ever.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

I think there’ll always be mystery until we hear Soul Monster, Oklahoma, maybe the redone Atlas, Seven, but I agree that realistically The General is the end and final CDII song we’ll hear. With OMG and Going Down (even if officially unreleased, we’ve heard a complete version), we have 20 CD songs, so at least it feels sort of like we’ve gotten 2 albums worth of songs from this era. I don’t really think GNR will ever actually release new-new music so this may be the last release in their discography ever.

It’s a strange thought for sure. With the band members (and certain forum members :lol:) growing ever so older by the day it just gives a sense of some finality. There’s only so much you can speculate regarding unheard songs, and an aging rock band isn’t going to get any more exciting.

Life goes on. Hopefully there’s some more to come, though!!

11 minutes ago, kruelty said:

Sure.....but we've had years of that....time to hear existance!!!!!

15 minutes ago, kruelty said:

Yeah I understand what you mean. Whilst others have pointed out there are still other songs the fans are dying to hear, The General is the most mythologised one and considering it's been 15 years since the release of CD the fact that there hasn't been even one intelligible second of this song that has leaked is astounding. Bring on Friday!

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

I am quite certain we will get at least Atlas and State of Grace, too, before it is over. Probably more even. 

I agree, though I think it stops there, as I don't think there's much more that's worthwhile.

Including potentially The General, by the way. Maybe it's my cynical nature, but I just can't see why this showstopping, epic, future classic would have not only been left off of Chinese Democracy, but also relegated to a B-side (or R-side) of Perhaps if it was really that good. Spare me the "Axl had a plan..." talk. Axl had a plan for Chinese Democracy, too, and eventually the label had enough and dragged it out of him. If The General was an A+, I have a feeling it would have been on ChiDem.

But I'm so glad it's coming out so we can move on. Same goes for Atlas and SoG - I hate the songs, but get them out so we can be rid of this unnecessarily mysterious and ultimately disappointing era and move on to something new.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

I am quite certain we will get at least Atlas and State of Grace, too, before it is over. Probably more even. 

Best case-

Soul Monster/Oklahoma (or other instrumentals/unheard shit)

Mid case-

A finished locker instrumental/ Atlas shrugged or State of Grace

Meh case-

Atlas Shrugged/ State of Grace

• Like 1

I would have to hear at least the finished versions of Atlas, SOG and also Berlin, Soulmonster and Seven before I could consider the CD era fully over. Ides of March, Quicksong, Zodiac and many other would be great to hear as well, but The General has been the holy grail for years without a doubt, so in that sense this kinda feels like an end of an era. Seven or Soulmonster might become my next holy grail, (or perhaps Down By The Ocean) but to be honest it would be great to get some new mythical songs to look forward to.

1 hour ago, colonizedmind said:

It's a bonus minute and half of static silence...where only dogs and Slash's snakes can hear it...

You laugh, but on Alice Cooper’s Welcome 2 My Nightmare the vinyl exclusive bonus track was literally three minutes of heart rate monitor noises…

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Lies They Tell said:

I would have to hear at least the finished versions of Atlas, SOG and also Berlin, Soulmonster and Seven before I could consider the CD era fully over. Ides of March, Quicksong, Zodiac and many other would be great to hear as well, but The General has been the holy grail for years without a doubt, so in that sense this kinda feels like an end of an era. Seven or Soulmonster might become my next holy grail, (or perhaps Down By The Ocean) but to be honest it would be great to get some new mythical songs to look forward to.

This is a call to arms to the hoarders to show off, isn't it....show your loot or shut up! 😝