"The General" is officially delayed... but "The General" AND "Monsters" is (unofficially) out of the bag

Just now, CaioAKR said:

Yeah. For some reason it says shipping on the 26th to some people and the 27th for others. Maybe is it's a gelocation thing. Even then, I tried to VPN myselft to the US and it still showed the 27th. That's in the US store, to be clear. But I know it's showing the 26th for many people.

I'm in Canada but it still says 26th if I set my vpn to the US... :shrugs:

1 hour ago, saint_seiya_aka_buckethead said:

my friend in the industry says that management is delaying the record until after the Hollywood bowl shows

This makes sense. The song is controversial, and Hollywood has strong ties to pedophilia, so best to wait a week so ticket sales aren't affected.

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, CaioAKR said:

Yeah. For some reason it says shipping on the 26th to some people and the 27th for others. Maybe is it's a gelocation thing. Even then, I tried to VPN myselft to the US and it still showed the 27th. That's in the US store, to be clear. But I know it's showing the 26th for many people.

Mine ships on the 26, but I don’t expect it til Like next Wednesday in Canada 

6 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I'm in Canada but it still says 26th if I set my vpn to the US... :shrugs:

No ideia what's the criteria. Both the 26th and the 27th would though, just please no delay. lol

Edited by CaioAKR

LOL funny so many last-minute orders. I preordered immediately because I enjoy wasting money. I would have done it with or without "The General" too. If this band releases music, I will buy the physical media. I won't purchase toy trucks. However ... lowkey want a  magic 8-ball.

• Like 1

What if the title of this thread are lyrics in the song?

The General is coming (for real)

The General's at the door (no way)

We were found (uh oh)

Grab the guns (I got them) 

Let's put him in the ground (what can I say)

Free will is blind today (The choice that you made)

:D 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Gunner55 said:

I just realized I've still never heard those live tracks. Haha some fan. 

Check YT for most of them if you know where to look 😸

7 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

We were found (uh oh)

Hey HEY

3 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

My friend in the industry said the vinyl will not have The General on the R side, but instead a QR code to download the song on MySpace after consenting to read an unskippable 56 page contract.

I heard this too, after you read the contract there is a test to see how well you understand the legal ramifications, if you don’t get 100% no General for you. Heard it’s near impossible 

• Haha 1
  • ABSUЯD 1

20 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

If that exists, it is the grail for sure

"If they ever decide to ship Perhaps CD singles with The General, it would be amazing if there was a mishap by the label and instead they include the 2010 CD2.  "

Ya, should all fit in a side R of a 7" NP

Edited by colonizedmind

17 minutes ago, Arnuld said:

Not sure but it is 4.4 stars with 4000 reviews on Amazon. I’m sending it back if we get a super clean vinyl rip

This one? 

https://www.amazon.com/Turntable-Belt-Driven-Wireless-Headphone-Enjoyment/dp/B0BQJM66C2/ref=sr_1_5?crid=1I2Y7GT6O8XYT&keywords=records+player&qid=1698263689&refinements=p_36%3A1253504011&rnid=386442011&s=electronics&sr=1-5

It's impressive everything about this song is a meme, from people claiming it's the heaviest, darkest shit ever to vinyl-only releases (as of now) in 2023 to supposed 56-page letters with the "legal repercussions" of leaking it... you couldn't make this shit up. lol

And hopefully the song's great too. lol

Edited by CaioAKR
  • PERHAPS 1

1 hour ago, Sweersa said:

I never said tormented, but I would bet if Axl had his way, he would prefer the released CD2 tunes, or most of them, have Bucket and Finck's work on it. Axl would probably want Bucket back in the band if Bucket would agree to that. 

Yeah, it’s not like Slash saved his ass and allowed him to sell out Stadiums for the last 7 years. Also I’m sure he’s upset that Slash’s presence let his considerably depleted vocal abilities be somewhat covered up by the top hatted one being the star/most impressive part of 90% of the reunion gigs. I mean if it wasn’t for Slash, he could have back 2 other guys who abandoned him and be playing half-filled arenas. You should really consider posting less stupid thoughts.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

We were found (uh oh)

Why don't I just go eat some hay? (make things out of clay)

Or lay in the bay (I just may)

What do you say?

Edited by Sonicjam
  • Haha 2