HELP NEEDED - Grenade Chinese Album Back Cover for Tattoo

Hi everyone! My name is Trevor, and I am fairly new to the forum even though I have followed along on it for a long time! :) I was hoping someone out there could help me. I am trying to get a tattoo of the red hand artwork on the back of the grenade cover. My tattoo artist and I have been trying to find a better quality picture than the one on CDChiDem where the only photos I can seem to find of the whole booklet. Does anyone have or know where I could be able to find a high quality or remastered version of this artwork? 

This is gonna be my 4th GNR tattoo! I have the illusions cover on my leg, and then November rain and "lose your illusions" from the end of the estranged video on my arm in Axl's writing. I will attach a photo of those as well! :) Anyone else out there have some cool GNR tattoos? Id love to see them!

Thanks to anyone who can help!

CDChiDemGrenade37.JPG

6 hours ago, AtlasIllusions said:

Hi everyone! My name is Trevor, and I am fairly new to the forum even though I have followed along on it for a long time! :) I was hoping someone out there could help me. I am trying to get a tattoo of the red hand artwork on the back of the grenade cover. My tattoo artist and I have been trying to find a better quality picture than the one on CDChiDem where the only photos I can seem to find of the whole booklet. Does anyone have or know where I could be able to find a high quality or remastered version of this artwork? 

This is gonna be my 4th GNR tattoo! I have the illusions cover on my leg, and then November rain and "lose your illusions" from the end of the estranged video on my arm in Axl's writing. I will attach a photo of those as well! :) Anyone else out there have some cool GNR tattoos? Id love to see them!

CDChiDemGrenade37.JPG

The artist is Shi Lifeng.

take a look here:

https://www.mutualart.com/Artist/Shi-Lifeng/5E02D2702D8A10FF/Artworks

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Dean said:

I had a look to try and source the original artwork a few years back and had no joy. You may be able to reach out to Troccoli and ask for a scan of it as I believe it's the picture taken from his site. 

44 minutes ago, gavgnr said:

The artist is Shi Lifeng.

take a look here:

https://www.mutualart.com/Artist/Shi-Lifeng/5E02D2702D8A10FF/Artworks

Thank you so much !!!!

38 minutes ago, ZODIAC said:

And the picture is called MANIPULATION. 

Thank you so much !!

4 hours ago, Dean said:

I had a look to try and source the original artwork a few years back and had no joy. You may be able to reach out to Troccoli and ask for a scan of it as I believe it's the picture taken from his site. 

I have looked so hard too lol- it’s impossible to find anything ! I’m glad I’m not the only one!! Who is Troccoli, is that the person with the booklet? 

4 minutes ago, AtlasIllusions said:

I have looked so hard too lol- it’s impossible to find anything ! I’m glad I’m not the only one!! Who is Troccoli, is that the person with the booklet? 

Yeah it was his! I believe there are only two acetates of it in existence, but who really knows?!

1 hour ago, Sweersa said:

I always thought the GN'R 2006 logo with the star in the background would make a killer tattoo. At the time, someone told me to wait for CD to come out as they will have better logos. I never liked the logos for the 2008+ CD era.

2006 graphics in general were really solid. I would even say it was minimalist compared to anything before and after that. And yes the logo was great. 

14 hours ago, ©GnrPersia said:

2006 graphics in general were really solid. I would even say it was minimalist compared to anything before and after that. And yes the logo was great. 

I wish they used it for the official release! The Japanese CD single did utilize it. 

14 hours ago, Dean said:

Yeah it was his! I believe there are only two acetates of it in existence, but who really knows?!

I have heard some were fake, but I don't know the details. One or two must exist, as the booklet seems REALLY well done, if it wasn't official. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, ©GnrPersia said:

It's mind-boggling how did we get from high art of Chinese Democracy era to these:

Capture3.JPG

Capture4.JPG

Needs more scented candles and beach towels. 

19 hours ago, tboneman said:

Guns+N+Roses+Chinese+Democracy+World+Tou

guns_n_roses_t_shirt_chinese_d_158666545

s-l1200.webp

Yes, the high art of CD era...

C'mon, there's bad merchandise from every era.

I love the middle design but wish it was centered. I think that's a great logo though. 

• Like 2

On 9/13/2023 at 4:59 PM, AtlasIllusions said:

CDChiDemGrenade37.JPG

Not exactly a GnR tattoo but it got a Les Paul and roses. ;)FB_IMG_1467152626501.thumb.jpg.a3fa4e610b692b4dfa7fd958790f6e50.jpg

• Like 4