THE GENERAL - MONSTERS - Official Discussion Thread. NO LINKS OR ASKING FOR LINKS

6 minutes ago, kitstuai said:

7:25 is Evader's mix (fan made). 9 minutes are The General followed by Monsters. The real track "The General And Monsters" we don't know the length yet

Thank you. I guess this is the first time I'm hearing Evader's mix. I haven't been fortunate enough yet to find the new one.

Edited by luciusfunk

2 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

It's apparently not yet  been updated regarding Duff's credit (it has a placeholder writer).

Place Holder I'm not sure, his IPI code is supposed to be 00127524289 so even if he was under another name, it would be the same number I guess

Just now, JAxlMorrison said:

I expected a variety of opinions here, hot and cold. Having heard them as one song, as intended (we think,) it’s an epic masterpiece. This is what we all thought Axl was capable of, hence why we followed him through a frustrating decade and change. And if that’s slash’s addition to the track, it’s some of my favorite stuff he’s ever done. He really dug deep to kill it on this track. Everyone involved should be more than proud. It’s complex, it rocks, it surprises, and it’s worlds better than anything else out there today. 

I have no more likes, but great review! 

Ended up down a 'Saul Hudson' rabbit hole on there now. Sahara (from the solo album) is listed as Sahara and Sahara. I wonder why, and I wonder if that'll give us any more clues about The General and Monsters.

EDIT: The One You Love is Gone is also listed as just 'The one You love'. Odd.

This was also a funny (appropriate but unrelated) find

Edited by DoMw94

4 minutes ago, Ollster42 said:

monsters is defo soul monster "you stole my soul with the devil's romancing"

My thoughts also. It’s wild after all these years to have gotten “Hard Skool” in 2021 after how many times I listened to that 15-17 second clip on YouTube, and now to have “The General” and “Soul Monster.” My heart is full, you guys. If only they could have ACTUALLY dropped it to on streamers Halloween weekend.

Edited by GnR Chris
  • Like 4

59 minutes ago, liers said:

I like both songs a lot. I hope they’re two separate songs. Monsters could actually be a hit. The general is more of a fan track

Yeah Monsters has potential. Are we assuming these leaks are from someone transferring the sound from the aborted Vinyl pressings?? Hopefully as the sound quality should be better for the actual release. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, kitstuai said:

Place Holder I'm not sure, his IPI code is supposed to be 00127524289 so even if he was under another name, it would be the same number I guess

I see that the placeholder IPI code is the same as the placeholder code in the credits for Perhaps, where Paul Tobias is missing:

https://repertoire.sacem.fr/detail-oeuvre/7S-mzMIyqPwv2FNJ5oMVxFWHQHRlryJafzzmbqB6CbE=/PERHAPS?query=McKagan&filters=parties#searchBtn

It's probably a mistake in the credits for The General.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Martin Riggs said:

Yeah Monsters has potential. Are we assuming these leaks are from someone transferring the sound from the aborted Vinyl pressings?? Hopefully as the sound quality should be better for the actual release. 

I don't think it's from the vinyl. And I think the song we'll have later on will be a completely different version

11 minutes ago, Ollster42 said:

monsters is defo soul monster "you stole my soul with the devil's romancing"

Yeah I think leave me alone/Elvis and the monster of soul/soul monster really became monsters and got grouped with the general, and me & my Elvis is a different (never to be finished) song.

@Sweersais probably right though that monstrosity is something different.

9 minutes ago, DoMw94 said:

Ended up down a 'Saul Hudson' rabbit hole on there now. Sahara (from the solo album) is listed as Sahara and Sahara. I wonder why, and I wonder if that'll give us any more clues about The General and Monsters.

EDIT: The One You Love is Gone is also listed as just 'The one You love'. Odd.

This was also a funny (appropriate but unrelated) find

There are two versions of Sahara listed on GMR (one as English version) so that's probably it's like that on SACEM (the two versions are listed together)

https://globalmusicrights.com/Search?q=1423294&filter=6&mask=SLASH

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, GnR Chris said:

My thoughts also. It’s wild after all these years to have gotten “Hard Skool” in 2021 after how many times I listened to that 15-17 second clip on YouTube, and now to have “The General” and “Soul Monster.” My heart is full, you guys. If only they could have ACTUALLY dropped it to on streamers Halloween weekend.

Atlas Shrugged too! How many years did we hear about that title alongside Catcher when CD was at that point just rumors and speculation - it is actually pretty crazy how many of the older song titles from those days we have heard in various forms

Hell even a song like Oklahoma, of course just an unfleshed instrumental demo but it is trippy to me still

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, JAxlMorrison said:

I expected a variety of opinions here, hot and cold. Having heard them as one song, as intended (we think,) it’s an epic masterpiece. This is what we all thought Axl was capable of, hence why we followed him through a frustrating decade and change. And if that’s slash’s addition to the track, it’s some of my favorite stuff he’s ever done. He really dug deep to kill it on this track. Everyone involved should be more than proud. It’s complex, it rocks, it surprises, and it’s worlds better than anything else out there today. 

Agreed. 

“I was there for you … ooo Ooooo”

4 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

Atlas Shrugged too! How many years did we hear about that title alongside Catcher when CD was at that point just rumors and speculation - it is actually pretty crazy how many of the older song titles from those days we have heard in various forms

Hell even a song like Oklahoma, of course just an unfleshed instrumental demo but it is trippy to me still

Oh, for sure. And I love “Atlas” too. Wishing things with this band is almost an exercise in futility, but it’d be great to hear everything eventually in officially-released studio form.