THE GENERAL - MONSTERS - Official Discussion Thread. NO LINKS OR ASKING FOR LINKS

9 minutes ago, kitstuai said:

Did they keep Fortus or Buckethead or Finck solos on the recent Absurd, Hard Skool or Perhaps release or it's full Slash? Because if it's only Slash, why a version with Slash and Fortus sharing a solo exist in the first place? 

There were no Fortus solos, but Fortus was on the tracks. And of course there were no Finck and Buckethead solos - except of about 2 seconds of Finck on Perhaps.

But why is this "proof" that Slash and Fortus wouldn't share a solo on another track?

Edited by Blackstar

44 minutes ago, 22frets said:

Can't believe people are still claiming that it's not Slash on these tracks. I will livestream myself eating my guitar strings if I'm wrong about Slash playing on both the songs. 

I've listened to almost every song that Slash has put out and this is Slash playing on both TG and Monsters, period. 

no way it's not Slash

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

There were no Fortus solos, but Fortus was on the tracks. And of course there were no Finck and Buckethead solos - except of about 2 seconds of Finck on Perhaps.

But why is this "proof" that Slash and Fortus wouldn't share a solo on another track?

It's not a proof, I was just wondering how a track with Slash and Fortus can be release if all the previous release were Slash only

6 minutes ago, kitstuai said:

It's not a proof, I was just wondering how a track with Slash and Fortus can be release if all the previous release were Slash only

It's no different to Slash and Izzy, or a combination of Robin, Bucket, Richard, or Bumblefoot sharing on previous releases.

Slash may be Slash, but as long as there's more than one capable guitarist in the band, it's always a possibility that they could share/trade solos

Edited by DoMw94

2 minutes ago, DoMw94 said:

It's no different to Slash and Izzy, or a combination of Robin, Bucket, Richard, or Bumblefoot sharing on previous releases.

Slash may be Slash, but as long as there's more than one capable guitarist in the band, it's always a possibility that they could share/trade solos

Yes sure but Slash and the other ones weren't in the band at the same time so it would be weird to keep some Fortus / FInck parts

34 minutes ago, kitstuai said:

Yes sure but Slash and the other ones weren't in the band at the same time so it would be weird to keep some Fortus / FInck parts

It really sounds that you haven't following the band at all for at least the last 8 years. You don't even know who is in the band now.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Wasn’t there talk of some fast noodling by Bucket being left in the outro on the released version of Hard Skool?

6 hours ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

It's not just that they should have announced the delay before the last minute. They should have had their ducks in a row with the mix before they made it available to pre-order back in August. Hell, per Slash these reworkings we're done during 2020 and they were still listening to mixes in June of this year while on tour. Insanity. So I don't have any sympathy for them on this either. Is it wrong to release someone else's content without their permission? Yeah, but not to the extent that I have to feel sorry for them in this case. They've had years to work on getting this right.

Years to get it right true... But that doesn't factor in that bad pressings of vinyl happen, and by the time it happens it's not exactly a case of "we'll have it fixed tomorrow" you have to wait your turn. 

I 100% agree that everything should be a whole lot more organised though.

I just listened to Absurd again for the first time in over a year… I still cant believe they released this absolute turd with the same verse repeated 3 times and a chorus that is literally ‘Absurd’ shouted a few times. 🤦🏼‍♂️ 

Then you’ve got the ‘Screaming fucking banshee’ line out of sync in the first 2 verses then in time on the 3rd verse, which wether intentional or not, sounds sloppy as fuck…

If you can’t tell… I hate this song 🤣

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, D.. said:

If the leaker is who I think of, he's a diehard fan and must have followed the credits thing regarding the vinyl, so either he named the second song because of those credits (& lyrics during the song) or it was already named like this when he bought & received the files. It's not impossible Monsters has been called that way for quite some time.

Or it's an inside job but it's unlikely the more I think of it, because it did leaked in a specific place.

Most likely scenario: as the vinyl was about to be released and the credits got out, whoever leaked those tracks bought it from a hoarder who felt the value of both songs would crash after the vinyl's release. The deal must have happened recently, but before October 26th, when it was clear the vinyl would be delayed or even cancelled.

If those came from a hoarder, it's more likely it's old versions from the 2000s. Maybe early 2010's. I'm just not hearing it, I'm still convinced it's Slash & Duff. If it's not then great news, means we'll have two versions.

Probably already mentioned:

The cellphone clip is from.....(fill in the blank...2010-ish?)....., and it has a completely different guitar solo (by Finck) and different song structure. Some vocals have been cut since that party recording. Maybe this helps with the guesswork?

Edited by evader
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Yes, there was (as always), but I don't think anyone now doubts that it's Slash.

I mean Bucket plays something that sounds VERY similar during the outro on the demo but I suppose it could just be Slash replicating it on the final mix.

3 minutes ago, evader said:

The cellphone clip is from.....(fill in the blank...2010-ish?)....., and it has a completely different guitar solo (by Finck) and different song structure. Some vocals have been cut since that party recording. Maybe this helps with the guesswork?

Holy shit, it just occurred to me that the cellphone guitar solo could have been Ashba. I may need to phone a friend on this one. @Voodoochild?

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, evader said:

This version sounds so much better, the slow melodic solo - lead was so damn cool

is it possibly there are different versions of the leaks? i've heard one from one guy, another one from here and the one it was online on YT. There's no difference in the music itself but yes in the quality of the mix and the sound of the instruments. or it was because i've listened with different headphones and streaming services? 

is it possibly there are different versions of the leaks? i've heard one from one guy, another one from here and the one it was online on YT. There's no difference in the music itself but yes in the quality of the mix and the sound of the instruments. or it was because i've listened with different headphones and streaming services?