THE GENERAL - MONSTERS - Official Discussion Thread. NO LINKS OR ASKING FOR LINKS

7 minutes ago, DSTK said:

None at all dude...aren't you seeing one dumb question, one after the other on here too though ? Nearing stupid levels of comments that usually pop up on reddit 

What I replied there was common sense, not a shot at someone, & as you had nothing to do with any of it...I struggle to see how it's any of your business dude? 

You telling me to tone it down won't work kid, you seem to be never wrong & everyone else always is ...just enjoy the music or shut the fuck up for god sake 

Sounds like someone shit the bed this morning.

It happens to everyone at least once in their life time. Let it go. 

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, DSTK said:

None at all dude...aren't you seeing one dumb question, one after the other on here too though ? Nearing stupid levels of comments that usually pop up on reddit 

What I replied there was common sense, not a shot at someone, & as you had nothing to do with any of it...I struggle to see how it's any of your business dude? 

You telling me to tone it down won't work kid, you seem to be never wrong & everyone else always is ...just enjoy the music or shut the fuck up for god sake 

Edit: you're clearly going through a lot and I'm trying to not make it worse.

Edited by Coma16

I'm not hearing any of these demo claims personally. To my ears, The General is very similar tonally to Perhaps, and Monsters is close to Hard Skool. The dullness of the recordings are a lossy conversion of a vinyl rip, and the vinyl in question was recalled for sound quality issues.

Also, I'd bet $20 the outro of The General is Slash and the outro of Monsters of 4tus.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Zeppelin said:

Do you have some sort of anger issue?

13 minutes ago, DSTK said:

That would be a yes then... 😂

• Haha 4

“My only regret, is not taking the time to forgive.” - one of the most powerful lines ever delivered in a song…almost sounds like he is saying forget instead of forgive, but I’m pretty sure it’s forgive. The buildup to it makes it even better. I pick “The General” over “Monsters” for this reason alone, but they are both great tracks. 

1 hour ago, Voodoochild said:

So yeah, me and @Blackstar were talking about The General and Monsters orchestral pieces played before the concerts. I'm not 100% sure, as it may have occurred one time or another, but I tried to find Monsters orchestra piece in several 2006 bootlegs, and could never find it. It was always just The General. Here my early findings:

- The General piece was played before concerts in 2009/10, but it was mostly used in 2006/07. I played guitar along with that in two recordings (not sure from which shows those were), and it seemed that the orchestra is a bit shorter than the leak, and it looped back to the beginning. It has a similar secondary melody (I assume those were horns?) in the ending that resembles the first few notes that Slash plays in the beginning of his outro solo. 

- Monters orchestral piece wasn't played together with The General, as far as I could find. I wasn't able to find any instance of it being played before 2010. This is one example:

- Our conclusion is: The General orchestra was the whole song, but shorter. It was probably never played together with the Monsters part, but we all (yeah, me included) assumed those pieces were mixed together and was the same thing because of how similar they sound. 

I'll post this also on the Beltrami thread, just in case.

incredible. they tease us !!!!

• Like 1

the general is def a demo and there is talk that monsters is just a reworked general. whether thats true or not i dont know but the general is almost certainly not the same track we get in December if we get it at all. monster is legit.  and most the people who feel this way have hod some experience in music or music recording. 

44 minutes ago, bmus1 said:

I'm not hearing any of these demo claims personally. To my ears, The General is very similar tonally to Perhaps, and Monsters is close to Hard Skool. The dullness of the recordings are a lossy conversion of a vinyl rip, and the vinyl in question was recalled for sound quality issues.

Also, I'd bet $20 the outro of The General is Slash and the outro of Monsters of 4tus.

Edited by Miden34

24 minutes ago, Miden34 said:

the general is def a demo and there is talk that monsters is just a reworked general. whether thats true or not i dont know but the general is almost certainly not the same track we get in December if we get it at all. monster is legit.  and most the people who feel this way have hod some experience in music or music recording. 

Monsters is a reworked General, Jesus Christ that's the best bit of speculation yet!

Edited by rumandraisin
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, rumandraisin said:

Monsters is a reworked General, Jesus Christ that's the best but of speculation yet!

i actually heard that from a few other people. mainly because when the song was hit with copyright, the message said it contained the general. i DO NOT think they both release and are part of the same song. 

so if monsters is the only track we get and its called the general i will remember who talked shit. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, rumandraisin said:

Monsters is a reworked General, Jesus Christ that's the best but of speculation yet!

also you are a fucking asshole. no need to be a dick when someone is just posting their opinion. you are a dumb ass bitch little cunt

i fucking PROMISE they arent one song and that we ONLY get monsters on the vinyl. im 1000% sure of this. cause like the guy from the GNR camp said a while back, "The general is monsters"

Edited by Miden34
  • Like 1
  • Wow 1

So if Monsters is Soul Monster the person who posted the “they say the stars don’t look the same, I may have changed, yet I have my soul to claim” (or something close to that) was bullshitting. Unless those lyrics are from another song we have yet to hear. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Miden34 said:

also you are a fucking asshole. no need to be a dick when someone is just posting their opinion. you are a dumb ass bitch little cunt

i fucking PROMISE they arent one song and that we ONLY get monsters on the vinyl. im 1000% sure of this

I can see that. We get Monsters as "The General (and Monsters)". Had The General (demo) not leaked we would have never known about it. Interesting theory.

Edited by Coma16
  • Thanks 1
  • PERHAPS 1

2 minutes ago, Coma16 said:

I can see that. We get Monsters as "The General (and Monsters)". Had The General not leaked we would have never known about it. Interesting theory.

See now thats a civil response. i dont mind someone disagreeing, i just ind when they are being an asshole about it lul xD

I’m surprised how much disagreement and theories are floating out there. It’s pretty clear to me. Both will be on the vinyl, if it was registered as one song on the song databases. It’s not like one just appeared out of nowhere. Also, how would anyone get access to NITL mixes? 

I wonder if GNR fans, now that the “holy grail” has leaked, need to find something to theorize and discuss to death since there’s nothing else we can really do it about now.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Sweersa said:

How funny would it be if they released Soul Monster and it’s based on the Me & My Elvis instrumental with killer Axl vocals and a guitar solo. Possibly up to three tracks with similar names, Monsters, Soul Monster, and Monstrocity. My guess is as least two are the same. 

Monsters= Soul Monster

Monstrosity probably something different we haven't heard just because in the CD2 tracklist were listed as different Monstrosity and Soul Monster

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

So if Monsters is Soul Monster the person who posted the “they say the stars don’t look the same, I may have changed, yet I have my soul to claim” (or something close to that) was bullshitting. Unless those lyrics are from another song we have yet to hear. 

could be either. Probably BS

5 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

I’m surprised how much disagreement and theories are floating out there. It’s pretty clear to me. Both will be on the vinyl, if it was registered as one song on the song databases. It’s not like one just appeared out of nowhere. Also, how would anyone get access to NITL mixes? 

I wonder if GNR fans, now that the “holy grail” has leaked, need to find something to theorize and discuss to death since there’s nothing else we can really do it about now.

the thing is, they werent from the vinyl. at least the general for sure wasnt. the audio was ripped at 48.1kHz MUCH higher than vinyl quality would have been and i dont even know if its possible to rip or record audio from vinyl that high.. so the general was proven not to be from the vinyl. at least the general was. so it isnt opinion there is some facts behind it. like the meta data showing the general mp3 was originally created in 2006. so there is just so many reasons i KNOW the general is not gonna be on the vinyl. its a VERY old demo

Edited by Miden34

1 minute ago, Miden34 said:

the thing is, there werent from the vinyl. their audio was ripped at 48.1kHz MUCH higher than vinyl quality would have been and i dont even know if its possible to rip or record audio from vinyl that high.. so the general was proven not to be from the vinyl. at least the general was. so it isnt opinion there is some facts behind it. like the meta data showing the general mp3 was originally created in 2006. so there is just so many reasons i KNOW the general is not gonna be on the vinyl. its a VERY old demo

Where’s the post about the meta data being in 2006?

Also, one thing I feel is if it wasn’t two songs on one side, why would the vinyl been delayed? It seems clear to me it was a mistake of having 2 songs on one side without realizing how it would compromise the quality. They released other Vinyl no problem. That and the “The General and Monsters” submission to music databases and people seem very convinced it’s Slash.