THE GENERAL - MONSTERS - Official Discussion Thread. NO LINKS OR ASKING FOR LINKS

Are we keeping an eye out on the streaming services this Friday for TG? 

The Japanese radio station playing it earlier this week, plus the previous rumor (I think?) presented on here of a 12/1 drop, has me leaning toward yes. :shrugs:

Edited by GNRRHCP98

1 hour ago, GNRRHCP98 said:

Are we keeping an eye out on the streaming services this Friday for TG? 

The Japanese radio station playing it earlier this week, plus the previous rumor (I think?) presented on here of a 12/1 drop, has me leaning toward yes. :shrugs:

According to an update from the source of the rumour (unknown if that user is legit or not), the digital release has been postponed to Dec. 8.

• Wow 1

7 hours ago, Sweersa said:

On second thought, could that be a reference to Taco Bell?

This needs to become a running joke where everything Axl does is somehow a reference to taco bell.

2 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

GNR looking at fans asking about The General digital release and deciding to delay it again:

because-fuck-them-why.gif

Fernando definitely worked at PopCopy before Axl hired him.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

According to an update from the source of the rumour (unknown if that user is legit or not), the digital release has been postponed to Dec. 8.

That DOES make sense since the vinyl releases then, but some already have theirs and the song is definitely, technically “OUT” there (if you search hard enough)… it shouldn’t be this strenuous for them to get it up on streaming officially :facepalm:

1 minute ago, GNRRHCP98 said:

That DOES make sense since the vinyl releases then, but some already have theirs and the song is definitely, technically “OUT” there (if you search hard enough)… it shouldn’t be this strenuous for them to get it up on streaming officially :facepalm:

I don't think the vinyl has started shipping yet. Just someone got it in advance from Universal.

• Wow 1

24 minutes ago, GNRRHCP98 said:

Send me please 

5 hours ago, GnR Chris said:

My favorite comments here are from people who tell us how long they’ve been a fan, and then go on to say “The General” is trash. As if being a fan since 1990 or whenever gives them some type of authority to speak for the masses. The audacity of some of us to actually like “The General” and “Monsters.” We just must be uncultured swine, we “new” fans who enjoy this intolerable “industrial” Guns N’ Roses.

I’ve STILL been singing “My only regret is that I never took the time to forget” part over and over throughout the week and I’ve only listened to the song once in the last several days. Still waiting for a proper release so I’m not trying to burn it out. But knowing GNR, “Monsters” won’t release till 2026. It took them how long to get us “Hard Skool” and “Perhaps” after those locker leaks? lol

I have been a fan since 1987 and the general is by far one of the worst GNR songs ever, right up there with shotgun blues and get in the ring.

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

Guess it's already Friday in some parts of the world, so we can discard the digital release today right?

It's the unverified insider stuff, but someone on evo is claiming it got delayed to December the 8th

Edited by BucketEgg
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, gnfnr2k said:

I have been a fan since 1987 and the general is by far one of the worst GNR songs ever, right up there with shotgun blues and get in the ring.

It's no "my world" !!!!!! Incredible .fisrt time Iisiten that. You should now very  well GNR !!! The General could be in the half of of UYI 1-2....from me. miss just a good solo from Slash

Edited by AxlSlashthebest
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, gnfnr2k said:

I actually like both songs hahahahaha. 
get in the ring is cringy but when I was a kid I didn’t speak any English so I just didn’t know. 

Edited by Lelex95
  • Like 3