THE GENERAL - MONSTERS - Official Discussion Thread. NO LINKS OR ASKING FOR LINKS

9 hours ago, evilfacelessturtle said:

I will also never understand the hate for If The World in this forum. That was one of the tracks that drew me in to CD. It's epic and funky and just oozes cool. Never mind Axl's incredible vocal performance on it.

I also don’t understand how it’s not rated higher. It’s one of my favs on CD.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Route66 said:

I am a pro musician and studio engineer. I worked with Guns. It's not the best but that is how Axl wanted it

you got it!

My guy this is an insane hill to die on. What you’re describing is fidelity, not different mixes. Sure yes, the leak and the official version sound different and have certain layers slightly clearer. Again, this is because it’s a lossy copy of the final file.

The only way to theoretically achieve the actual sound of the leak on streaming services is to take the lossy ass leak and re-encode it to become a 24-bit WAV, intentionally crushing the data of the file. All because the mix sounds so bad, less data = better sound