THE GENERAL - MONSTERS - Official Discussion Thread. NO LINKS OR ASKING FOR LINKS

My ex girlfriend and I are at the awkward stage to where I ended things (long overdue) and now she's moving out, so we're still around one another for a bit longer.

Every time I still have to deal with her bullshit, I keep thinking: "Ohhhhhhh but it's over now!" :P

One more day left, then I'm free again. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Voodoochild said:

Funny thing is that this woman is also Brazilian. :awesomeface:

I was among the first to bitch about the clipping and compression. Those things are upsetting, but I do like the song quite a bit. The chorus is way better than Monter's chorus, IMO.

For all my criticisms of the track, I've had the chorus stuck in my head for a few days so it's obviously doing something right! 

Dodgy mix aside, alongside Monsters it seemed like more of an epic but on its own it lacks impact. I went back and listened to the cell phone leak as I remember that being better than the track and it's interesting that what we thought was The General for years was actually Monsters so I imagine that explains a lot of the reaction as well. The guitars in the leak sound incredible as well. Hope a Bucket/Robin version does leak at some point. 

Edited by Seb91
  • Like 4

12 hours ago, Voodoochild said:

Funny thing is that this woman is also Brazilian. :awesomeface:

I was among the first to bitch about the clipping and compression. Those things are upsetting, but I do like the song quite a bit. The chorus is way better than Monter's chorus, IMO.

Is she actress?

• Like 1

22 hours ago, JAxlMorrison said:

There’s no way people actually believe Brain was being serious here and not

trolling the fanbase, right….right?!

He said that he didn't intend it to be the final title. It was just a working title for the song idea at its earliest stage, but Axl liked it and kept it, not realizing the silly origin of the name.

We called it “The General” because we were eating General’s chicken. But when I turned it in to Axl, he thought … I was poking fun at Tommy [Stinson] as being like a general.

Edited by evilfacelessturtle
  • Like 1

Sorry fits in very well with The General, and Monsters. If only the latter two had the same level of production and mastering. I gotta believe there’s killer superior mixes of those three tracks. The Village I’m Sorry with Axl on vocals would be my favorite mix of that song and I very much believe there’s Buckethead/Robin versions of Soul Monster and The General somewhere. 

• GNFNR 2
  • Haha 1