Axl Sued For Sexual Assault

6 hours ago, evilfacelessturtle said:

We're talking about a woman. The gender doesn't matter, but the fact that you're grasping for a "gotcha" says everything.

Okay… so ignore the first part of my post then. You seem to be getting overly frustrated and kinda aggressive at everyone who has a different opinion to yours about her claims and previous quotes about that night (if that night even happened). I think maybe you need a break from this topic. You’ll probably just pop at me again for this so whatever 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like 3
  • GNFNR 1

15 hours ago, evilfacelessturtle said:

We're talking about a woman. The gender doesn't matter, but the fact that you're grasping for a "gotcha" says everything.

8 hours ago, D4NNY said:

Okay… so ignore the first part of my post then. You seem to be getting overly frustrated and kinda aggressive at everyone who has a different opinion to yours about her claims and previous quotes about that night (if that night even happened). I think maybe you need a break from this topic. You’ll probably just pop at me again for this so whatever 🤷🏻‍♂️

I agree with @D4NNY! For whatever reason, you are taking this very personal. You came at me and others quite aggressively. I think it's obvious that this is a personal issue for you. I agree with @D4NNY regarding the suggestion of taking a step back from this topic for a time being.  

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Avillart said:

She wasn't starstruck. According to one of her versions she didn't even know who he was - see also Blackstar's reply above - and in another version she made it quite clear that he was a trophy to her and the reason why she and her friend went to that club to begin with. As for the "young" person - she's Axl's age, she was no child. And she made it a sport to sleep with people in the industry - her book is a kiss-and-tell.

As for your question regarding the hotel - see my post below from last week:

You're contradicting yourself. You remember the hotel because you were starstruck, meeting your idol.

Both her and Axl were young. 

13 hours ago, D4NNY said:

"You're emotional", the classic ad hominem fallacy to discredit anyone you don't have a counterpoint for. As predictable as the sunrise any time you argue in favor of social justice. You've certainly proven me right about your bad faith.

• Confused 1

8 hours ago, evilfacelessturtle said:

You're contradicting yourself. You remember the hotel because you were starstruck, meeting your idol.

Both her and Axl were young. 

And again you're in the dark. Making assumptions about me - a person you don't know - based on your own filters. Like in the other thread where you called me a guy while my profile even states I'm a woman. You came for me right after I had only started posting in that thread, projecting your own narrative on me only to then get angry when I didn't confirm it. Even crying for the mods to "hopefully see this" LOL

And from what I can see and by what people keep telling you also in this thread - I'm not the only one you project and vent your frustration on. 

Instead of just reading what people write and also what Sheila Kennedy repeatedly said in her own words - which the rest of us here are perfectly able to understand and discuss - you try desperately to bend people's experiences and their verbatim words to your liking, simply trying to win a rhetoric battle over and over again, with the result that people have to correct you again and thus give you fodder to vampirize on. 

You're not even interested in the topics at hand, nor in an honest discussion. And that's why you don't read. Or ask questions when you're not sure. Instead you get aggressive and invent what you don't know about the other person. Which leads everything that follows ad absurdum. And even after several people have pointed this out to you, you can't take a step back and self-reflect. 

What purpose does it serve you to negate other people's experiences? To ignore their own words and instead fabricate fiction. Honestly ask yourself which purpose it serves you. Which purpose does it serve the situation.

• Like 3

On 11/22/2023 at 9:18 AM, themadcaplaughs said:

Yeah, surely a complete cash grab: against a man who seems to have been suffering from severe mental health issues at the time, was famous for having a hair-trigger temper, and was shortly thereafter accused of similar things by two other women. 

Well, then it just HAS to be true then. :facepalm:

Many people suffer from mental health and temper issues yet never rape or assault anyone. Furthermore, being accused by multiple parties doesn't automatically equal guilt either. You many not be aware of this, but celebrities, the wealthy, and other high-profile types are highly targeted and accused of things like this. For clear and obvious reasons/motives. Often by multiple parties, as it's easier to believe the more that claim it. That doesn't mean all accusations are untrue, of course, as many are indeed true. But many are also false.

Connecting dots and making assumptions as you've done here isn't how this works.

I mean, one could easily do the same thing you've done in reverse and saying "by a non-wealthy woman also suffering from mental health issues that waited 34 years and on the eve of a deadline made possible by circumventing the previous laws regarding statutes". Someone could easily connect the dots and say she's full of absolute shit. But they'd be no more correct. Because none of really know what, if anything, happened.

On 11/22/2023 at 9:25 AM, BluegrassBlues said:

To be perfectly honest I don't doubt that it may have happened, I am not going to completely write her off as being untruthful.

You should equally doubt that it happened and not completely ink her as being truthful, either.

I mean, don't these things work both ways?

Just because fans know a little bit about AXL's personality and past doesn't make him guilty. Or even more likely to be guilty. By that rationale, any man that has ever had temper issues or PTSD or bipolar disorder or whatever -- should be assumed to have assaulted and raped someone at some point during their past, right?

Quick, someone go arrest Draymond Green ASAP! He's surely done something like this, judging solely from his quick trigger and long history of erratic and combative behavior in public view. Hell, go arrest EVERY single combat sport athlete while your at it!

Furthermore, nobody knows much, if anything, about the complainant. For all anybody knows, perhaps she was crazier, more erratic and more unreliable than AXL ever was. Then what?

Did any of you bother following the accusations against former Dodgers pitcher Trevor Bauer? Everyone damned him, too, yet a couple years later lots of info has come to light proving that the woman lied, tried to get others to lie, and set all of it up. There are text messages confessing to how she planned to set Bauer up and how he was going to be her next victim. There's even video evidence of her physical appearance the day of the supposed crime (captured by her) where there's not a single mark on her and she's mocking him by showing him sleeping.

A little over 5-years ago former 49ers linebacker Reuben Foster's ex-girlfriend admitted to a court that she lied about an alleged domestic violence incident to get the him in trouble because she was upset with him. And former Dallas Cowboys RB Ezekiel Elliott was falsely accused of several incidents by his former girlfriend in which she tried to coax friends of hers to lie and it was proven false due to multiple witnesses testifying that they were present at the alleged time of the crimes and that nothing happened.

Point is, there are a myriad of women that lie about these things. With no conscience about it whatsoever. Perhaps as many that actually commit these types of crimes. Who knows?

Assuming that most of these women are to be believed is just as silly as believing that most the men are innocent.

Point is, you can't know anything to a certainty by knowing a little bit about a person's history. And especially when not knowing anything about the other party. People with volatile or checkered histories are especially targeted because most everyone is going to assume they are guilty. And the people targeting them are fully aware of this. And assume they'll settle.

Edited by thunderram
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, evilfacelessturtle said:

"You're emotional", the classic ad hominem fallacy to discredit anyone you don't have a counterpoint for. As predictable as the sunrise any time you argue in favor of social justice. You've certainly proven me right about your bad faith.

Bad faith?

3 hours ago, thunderram said:

Well, then it just HAS to be true then. :facepalm:

Many people suffer from mental health and temper issues yet never rape or assault anyone. Furthermore, being accused by multiple parties doesn't automatically equal guilt either. You many not be aware of this, but celebrities, the wealthy, and other high-profile types are highly targeted and accused of things like this. For clear and obvious reasons/motives. Often by multiple parties, as it's easier to believe the more that claim it. That doesn't mean all accusations are untrue, of course, as many are indeed true. But many are also false.

Connecting dots and making assumptions as you've done here isn't how this works.

I mean, one could easily do the same thing you've done in reverse and saying "by a non-wealthy woman also suffering from mental health issues that waited 34 years and on the eve of a deadline made possible by circumventing the previous laws regarding statutes". Someone could easily connect the dots and say she's full of absolute shit. But they'd be no more correct. Because none of really know what, if anything, happened.

I in no way, shape, or form said it was true or that I believed it without reservation. If you can point out where I said that, I will gladly retract it. My point was simply that this is not exactly something that came entirely out of left field. You are right: it is entirely possible this is a frivolous lawsuit, but you cannot overlook prior history when discussing these things. I wholeheartedly agree in not condemning Axl until this gets resolved, but it's naïve to pretend (as some people did to avoid the cognitive dissonance of this happening to one of their heroes) there is no precedent for Axl being accused of this type of behavior: particularly when this Axl was accused of this type of behavior in the past when it was rarer for such matters to be made public. 

Admittedly, my last post was a little sarcastic, but my point was simply to emphasize that acting like Axl is a saint was being foolish. 

Edited by themadcaplaughs
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, thunderram said:

You should equally doubt that it happened and not completely ink her as being truthful, either.

I mean, don't these things work both ways?

Just because fans know a little bit about AXL's personality and past doesn't make him guilty. Or even more likely to be guilty. By that rationale, any man that has ever had temper issues or PTSD or bipolar disorder or whatever -- should be assumed to have assaulted and raped someone at some point during their past, right?

Quick, someone go arrest Draymond Green ASAP! He's surely done something like this, judging solely from his quick trigger and long history of erratic and combative behavior in public view. Hell, go arrest EVERY single combat sport athlete while your at it!

Furthermore, nobody knows much, if anything, about the complainant. For all anybody knows, perhaps she was crazier, more erratic and more unreliable than AXL ever was. Then what?

Did any of you bother following the accusations against former Dodgers pitcher Trevor Bauer? Everyone damned him, too, yet a couple years later lots of info has come to light proving that the woman lied, tried to get others to lie, and set all of it up. There are text messages confessing to how she planned to set Bauer up and how he was going to be her next victim. There's even video evidence of her physical appearance the day of the supposed crime (captured by her) where there's not a single mark on her and she's mocking him by showing him sleeping.

A little over 5-years ago former 49ers linebacker Reuben Foster's ex-girlfriend admitted to a court that she lied about an alleged domestic violence incident to get the him in trouble because she was upset with him. And former Dallas Cowboys RB Ezekiel Elliott was falsely accused of several incidents by his former girlfriend in which she tried to coax friends of hers to lie and it was proven false due to multiple witnesses testifying that they were present at the alleged time of the crimes and that nothing happened.

Point is, there are a myriad of women that lie about these things. With no conscience about it whatsoever. Perhaps as many that actually commit these types of crimes. Who knows?

Assuming that most of these women are to be believed is just as silly as believing that most the men are innocent.

Point is, you can't know anything to a certainty by knowing a little bit about a person's history. And especially when not knowing anything about the other party. People with volatile or checkered histories are especially targeted because most everyone is going to assume they are guilty. And the people targeting them are fully aware of this. And assume they'll settle.

I guess you haven't seen my other posts about this, I am not entirely sure this happened at all. Her story has too many inconsistencies and holes that I don't think it happened the way she said it did. I listened to what was being said, and I did it without immediately calling the accuser a liar. We can do it both ways, and yeah based on Axl's history with women who would automatically believe him? I'm a huge fan, but he has only himself to blame for that. 

On the now defunct GNFNR, a Poster said something like,"When Guns N'Roses were young, like either the Appetite For Destruction album or the GNR Lies album, a Woman went to a party that Guns N'Roses were at and claimed that Axl had sexually assaulted her, but she pointed at IZZY when she claimed that." Izzy and Axl don't look anything alike. 🤨 

16 hours ago, Avillart said:

And again you're in the dark. Making assumptions about me - a person you don't know - based on your own filters. Like in the other thread where you called me a guy while my profile even states I'm a woman. You came for me right after I had only started posting in that thread, projecting your own narrative on me only to then get angry when I didn't confirm it. Even crying for the mods to "hopefully see this" LOL

And from what I can see and by what people keep telling you also in this thread - I'm not the only one you project and vent your frustration on. 

Instead of just reading what people write and also what Sheila Kennedy repeatedly said in her own words - which the rest of us here are perfectly able to understand and discuss - you try desperately to bend people's experiences and their verbatim words to your liking, simply trying to win a rhetoric battle over and over again, with the result that people have to correct you again and thus give you fodder to vampirize on. 

You're not even interested in the topics at hand, nor in an honest discussion. And that's why you don't read. Or ask questions when you're not sure. Instead you get aggressive and invent what you don't know about the other person. Which leads everything that follows ad absurdum. And even after several people have pointed this out to you, you can't take a step back and self-reflect. 

What purpose does it serve you to negate other people's experiences? To ignore their own words and instead fabricate fiction. Honestly ask yourself which purpose it serves you. Which purpose does it serve the situation.

You seem to be getting overly frustrated and kinda aggressive at everyone who has a different opinion to yours. I think maybe you need a break from this topic. You’ll probably just pop at me again for this so whatever 🤷🏻‍♂️

Obviously getting your comments deleted by the mods didn't cause you to engage in any self-reflection. You've just continued with this chip on your shoulder against me. I'm not engaging with you anymore, you can't handle disagreement maturely.

9 hours ago, evilfacelessturtle said:

You seem to be getting overly frustrated and kinda aggressive at everyone who has a different opinion to yours. I think maybe you need a break from this topic. You’ll probably just pop at me again for this so whatever 🤷🏻‍♂️

Obviously getting your comments deleted by the mods didn't cause you to engage in any self-reflection. You've just continued with this chip on your shoulder against me. I'm not engaging with you anymore, you can't handle disagreement maturely.

Copying and pasting my post as an argument towards someone else? what is your problem with everyone? Just back off back to whatever cave you came out of. There’s no room here for your aggression and disrespect towards everyone. If I was a mod I’d be suspending your ass from this site immediately.

As for the last part of your post about “maturity”, you ain’t one to talk about that. Grow up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Scream of the Butterfly said:

In the documentary, Sheila said she was 22 when she and her friend saw Axl at the club (her exact words: "I think I was 22"). That's a bit strange, considering that in February 1989 she would have been 26, almost 27. I don't know what to make of it. Is she just bad at math?

You don't wait thirty fucking years to sue. Even if it did happen... you just don't. If this actually happened, then the damage is done, and no amount of "money" is going to help her. So this really is just about someone wanting a payout, victim or not.

Edited by Nintari
  • Like 1
  • Wow 1

On 11/27/2023 at 8:23 AM, Blackstar said:

https://tinypic.host/?lang=en

But which photo do you mean? If it's the one of Axl with a woman in the Look Away video that's probably just a random picture with a fan

That's Sheila's friend Suzy, I believe.

11 minutes ago, Nintari said:

You don't wait thirty fucking years to sue. Even if it did happen... you just don't. If this actually happened, then the damage is done, and no amount of "money" is going to help her. So this really is just about someone wanting a payout, victim or not.

What does that have to do with what I said? I disagree, btw. Obviously it would be better not to wait 30 years, but I don't think there should be any statute of limitations when it comes to sexual assault.