what books / movies does axl like?

14 minutes ago, jamillos said:

I always wonder what the fuck this guy does when he’s not touring. I mean, he’s a very private person, and we don’t really know that much about him, apart from the childhood stories and stuff surrounding the band. What does he like? Formula 1, his animals, perhaps playing the piano. But what does he do for like a year off the road? He rarely appears at a party somewhere, but otherwise, does he just throw parties in his mansion? With "absolutely no photos" policy? What does he do all year long? Jogging? Watching TV shows? Writing new lyrics surely doesn’t fill most of the leisure time in his case. He’s not even married, doesn’t have kids. Does he just lay poolside with a Margarita in his hand and a Beta-approved girlfriend’s boob in the other? 

I myself also wonder what he does in his free time. 🤔 Maybe he watches reruns of comedy shows like Friends. 😀

• Like 2

Axl revealed on chinesedemocracy.com that The Zodiac is one of his favourite books, and given that both catcher in the rye and Atlas Shrugged are named after the books maybe the song Zodiac is. I believe the book Axl is talking about is by Robert Graysmith. This book chronicles the history of the self named "Zodiac" killer who was active in the 1960s and 70s in California. They actually left a message in Zodiac cypher on the front cover of TSI

He mentioned in one of the other chats that he had gotten a book called Blackwater but hadn't read it yet. I believe it was about the private military company. 

16 minutes ago, LandOla said:

He seems to be a gamer too, hence the nod to Fallout 3 in his profile

People close to him in the late 90s said he played a lot of videogames.

I assume he also likes True Detective since they used the music as a concert intro sometimes in the past. Not to mention the bond films, and he seemed to get a good kick out of bumble’s Pink Panther rendition. And then there’s Looney Tunes and Scooby Doo, of course.

Off topic, but Slash seems to be a big Star Wars fan. He even went to the red carpet premiere of Rise of Skywalker. Duff, on the other hand, says Star Wars is for nerds and losers. He liked Aquaman, though, but probably just cause he’s friends with Mamoa irl.

Edited by rocknroll41
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

People close to him in the late 90s said he played a lot of videogames.

I assume he also likes True Detective since they used the music as a concert intro sometimes in the past. Not to mention the bond films, and he seemed to get a good kick out of bumble’s Pink Panther rendition. And then there’s Looney Tunes and Scooby Doo, of course.

Off topic, but Slash seems to be a big Star Wars fan. He even went to the red carpet premiere of Rise of Skywalker. Duff, on the other hand, says Star Wars is for nerds and losers. He liked Aquaman, though, but probably just cause he’s friends with Mamoa irl.

Him being a gamer makes a lot of sense considering that he was a GTA radio host. I wonder how that came to be.

Axl has also revealed that he loves watching Netflix. He was watching Peaky Blinders according to the Dirty Honey singer. 

• Like 3

On 12/12/2023 at 9:25 AM, jacdaniel said:

He’s probably living the dream. No kids or responsibilities etc :lol:

Id say he watched lots of sports and has parties. Maybe occasionally works on music not related to Guns for his own enjoyment. 

Maybe he just tours for money and who could blame him?

Living the dream shagging multiple 20 year olds every week, eating take out food. Yes. 

Works on music not related to guns? :lol: Don't be ridiculous!

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

16 hours ago, jamillos said:

Wait, what?

Somewhere in his Dexter profile it said "tranquility lane", location or something like that. 

Tranquility Lane is a virtual reality simulation housed in Vault 112, created by Dr. Stanislaus Braun.[1] The Lone Wanderer is tasked with an escalating series of violent tasks ranging from making a child cry to killing residents. The tasks are given by a little girl named Betty, who in turn will free the Lone Wanderer's father, James, who is trapped in dog form.

As an alternative to completing the violent tasks, the player character may activate a failsafe, which will irrevocably kill everyone with the exception of Betty, James, and the Lone Wanderer. Both solutions result in the release of the Lone Wanderer and their father from the simulation.

https://fallout.fandom.com/wiki/Tranquility_Lane

Edited by LandOla
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1