Michael C Hall Chinese Democracy musical biopic 'Chinese Whispers' ?

Box office bomb 

although I’d love to see a documentary with photos and video (if any exists) and some interviews with Axl and Team Brazil on how none of this delay or lack of material was their fault and it’s all because of David Geffenand Stephanie Seymour and TomZutauts Black Hawk Down fiasco

Edited by BillConnor_1982

• janrichmond changed the title to Michael C Hall Chinese Democracy musical biopic 'Chinese Whispers' ?
13 hours ago, gunsnchalupas said:

Do you think this would do well at the box office? 

Michael C. Hall as Axl Rose circa 1999 to 2008. 

Phillip Seymour Hoffman would have been my proxy for Tom Zutaut, but because he is dead they could use Jesse Plemons. 

Jane Lynch as Duff McKagan? 

The tension of the film would be Axl's inability to sing amidst his adulthood trauma, but it would be ironic because he would explain all of this in song. 

The sound track wouldn't be musical GNR songs but rather classical Oklahoma style musical numbers. 

I think a company like A24 would be all over this. It would be like the Iron Claw, where the story could be loosely based on the facts but they don't really need to stick with the actual facts and can just change things to suit the story. In normal terms, I don't think Axl would sign off on that, but because it would be a musical I think he would agree it's needed to make the story more digestable to the target audience. 

Maybe Eric Andre as Slash. Just spit balling here.

Maybe lay off the shrooms.. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • PERHAPS 1

4 hours ago, allwaystired said:

Is AI coming up with this shit? 

Hey "always tired," no AI involved here! Just some creative fan speculation. 🤘 And speaking of Guns N' Roses, here are 5 reasons they're still rocking in 2023:

Timeless Anthems: Hits like "Sweet Child o' Mine" and "November Rain" continue to captivate new generations.

Iconic Lineup: The classic Axl, Slash, and Duff combo is back, bringing that authentic GNR energy.

Electric Live Shows: Their concerts are legendary – a raw, high-energy experience that fans crave.

Enduring Influence: Countless bands cite GNR as a major influence, showcasing their lasting impact on rock.

Axl's Vocals: Despite the years, Axl's distinctive voice remains a force, ensuring the GNR sound lives on. 🎸

10 hours ago, Outofgascar said:

I would have chosen Saul Hudson to play Slash.

He looks nothing like Slash, it wouldn't work..

18 minutes ago, gunsnchalupas said:

Hey "always tired," no AI involved here! Just some creative fan speculation. 🤘 And speaking of Guns N' Roses, here are 5 reasons they're still rocking in 2023:

Timeless Anthems: Hits like "Sweet Child o' Mine" and "November Rain" continue to captivate new generations.

Iconic Lineup: The classic Axl, Slash, and Duff combo is back, bringing that authentic GNR energy.

Electric Live Shows: Their concerts are legendary – a raw, high-energy experience that fans crave.

Enduring Influence: Countless bands cite GNR as a major influence, showcasing their lasting impact on rock.

Axl's Vocals: Despite the years, Axl's distinctive voice remains a force, ensuring the GNR sound lives on. 🎸

He looks nothing like Slash, it wouldn't work..

I think you should hand it over to AI. It might make more sense. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, gunsnchalupas said:

The classic Axl, Slash, and Duff combo is back

It's been "back" for nearly a decade. We can stop talking like it's new or a novelty.

The current lineup is the longest-serving one in the band's history

• Like 3

A behind the scenes documentary of the making of Chinese Democracy spanning the different lineups of that era would be amazing, especially if bundled with various different versions of the albums, CD2 and CD3 songs, etc. 

I don't think it would sell very well, but the hard cores would appreciate it for sure. They would need to release it after they are done with the slow drip of singles, for obvious reasons. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

A behind the scenes documentary of the making of Chinese Democracy spanning the different lineups of that era would be amazing, especially if bundled with various different versions of the albums, CD2 and CD3 songs, etc. 

I don't think it would sell very well, but the hard cores would appreciate it for sure. They would need to release it after they are done with the slow drip of singles, for obvious reasons. 

I would love that, I am so curious about that time and would love to learn more about it 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Sweersa said:

I wonder if they filmed any parts of the 01-02 tour. Some combination of that, the 2006 footage and Forever Together (SA 2010) would be great. Of course any studio footage would be great, but I doubt there's much of that...

12 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I wonder if they filmed any parts of the 01-02 tour. Some combination of that, the 2006 footage and Forever Together (SA 2010) would be great. Of course any studio footage would be great, but I doubt there's much of that...

I'm sure they have plenty of concert footage and backstage footage from that time. Would be nice if they empty the vault! I'm sure it will happen eventually. That, in addition to an Axl/DC Blu-ray would be amazing.

• Like 1