Axl has his own Website now

10 hours ago, ChrisW said:

Because it accomodates the hangers-on who've surrounded for over thirty years and done nothing to fix it.  At least if he's lazy, they can shrug and enjoy the high life he pays to keep them around.

Hell, maybe they want to keep him unproductive, it's not like he can do anything to stop them.  That would require making decisions and taking action with concrete results.

I always think -

Axl on tour = lots of money for lots of people not in the band.

Axl in a studio = no money for those same people. 

Music releases = no money for those same people. 

There's a lot of interest (and probably pressure) in keeping him doing shows, for sure. I would imagine there isn't one person putting pressure on him to write and record music. 

• Like 2

I don't think he's bipolar. His depression seems more situational and his mood swings quicker than what would be typical of the bipolar disorder. The fact that he's denied it also has to count for something. A person in the midst of a manic episode might be blind to their own condition, but Axl still disagreed with the diagnosis when reflecting on his life 20 years later.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Scream of the Butterfly said:

I don't think he's bipolar. His depression seems more situational and his mood swings quicker than what would be typical of the bipolar disorder. The fact that he's denied it also has to count for something. A person in the midst of a manic episode might be blind to their own condition, but Axl still disagreed with the diagnosis when reflecting on his life 20 years later.

Whether he is or not nobody here knows for sure. He seems to be in good mood lately but even that perception can also be deceptive. Is he on medication? Did he just matured? Is there a bi polarity at all? We don’t know even though it gets often used here as some kind of excuse for his behaviour.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Free Bird said:

Whether he is or not nobody here knows for sure. He seems to be in good mood lately but even that perception can also be deceptive. Is he on medication? Did he just matured? Is there a bi polarity at all? We don’t know even though it gets often used here as some kind of excuse for his behaviour.

There are still glimpses of his younger self in recent years. 💡🤔 I saw a video that was released recently where Axl told a Paparazzi,"Get out of my face!" Reminiscent of Axl's younger self.💡 A couple of years ago, Axl punched a Paparazzi person for harassing Beta or something like that, also reminiscent of his younger self. 💡

Posted (edited)

I'm not sure that Axl is bipolar either, but there is definitely something going on with him that is less than normal (but what is normal anyway lol).  Most people don't need an almost caretaker that Beta seems to be, and going back to the early days he always had what his managers would call a "handler or baby-sitter." So, it's obvious to me he's not someone that's really ever been able to not need someone around, and there could be a million and one reasons for that we'll never know, but to just say lazy is a bit of an understatement and simplifying that imo. 

But I am pleasantly surprised the site got that small update, it goes to show it's not going to be completely ignored and I feel it could mean something important down the road. 

Edited by BluegrassBlues
  • Like 2

52 minutes ago, BluegrassBlues said:

I'm not sure that Axl is bipolar either, but there is definitely something going on with him that is less than normal (but what is normal anyway lol).  Most people don't need an almost caretaker that Beta seems to be, and going back to the early days he always had what his managers would call a "handler or baby-sitter." So, it's obvious to me he's not someone that's really ever been able to not need someone around, and there could be a million and one reasons for that we'll never know, but to just say lazy is a bit of an understatement and simplifying that imo. 

But I am pleasantly surprised the site got that small update, it goes to show it's not going to be completely ignored and I feel it could mean something important down the road. 

About Beta, I don't get why people think she's supposed to be a MOTHER figure to him. Beta is only about 5 years older than Axl, not a MOTHER Figure. She'd seem more like his WIFE than his MOTHER figure, right? 🤔

Axl never used being bipolar as an excuse (when he seemed to not outright reject the diagnosis and before he denied it) for his behaviour. I think he would definitely prefer to be regarded as lazy than as being bipolar or mentally ill in general. Because, among other reasons, that has and can be used against him (for example, in the recent Kennedy lawsuit). When he denied being diagnosed as bipolar, he said (paraphrasing) that it had been used by people trying to make money off him via financial settlements (I assume he meant in lawsuits).

So, if some people think that suggesting that at least some of Axl's issues may be due to a mental condition and not just "laziness" is defending or finding excuses for him, I doubt that Axl himself would see it that way.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Karice said:

About Beta, I don't get why people think she's supposed to be a MOTHER figure to him. Beta is only about 5 years older than Axl, not a MOTHER Figure. She'd seem more like his WIFE than his MOTHER figure, right? 🤔

Well, we are going by Axl's own words on that who calls her mom. It does feel more like a mother relationship than a romantic one from what is shown as well. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BluegrassBlues said:

Well, we are going by Axl's own words on that who calls her mom. It does feel more like a mother relationship than a romantic one from what is shown as well. 

Yes, when he fight in airport with an paparazzi, he call Beta mother.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BluegrassBlues said:

That's kind of creepy IMHO, that he considers a Woman only about five years older than him to be a MOTHER figure to him, and not like a WIFE. 😵‍💫

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Karice said:

That's kind of creepy IMHO, that he considers a Woman only about five years older than him to be a MOTHER figure to him, and not like a WIFE. 😵‍💫

It is a little odd, but in Axl's defense it wasn't like he had a lot of positive influences. If that is what he needed to keep himself on his feet, I can't judge it 

1 minute ago, BluegrassBlues said:

It is a little odd, but in Axl's defense it wasn't like he had a lot of positive influences. If that is what he needed to keep himself on his feet, I can't judge it 

Hmm. It be nice if Axl was MARRIED to Beta, right? I think he'd be happier if he just married her. 💡But it might be awkward if Fernando becomes his STEPSON when Fernando was just technically his "Brother." 🤔

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Axl never used being bipolar as an excuse (when he seemed to not outright reject the diagnosis and before he denied it) for his behaviour. I think he would definitely prefer to be regarded as lazy than as being bipolar or mentally ill in general. Because, among other reasons, that has and can be used against him (for example, in the recent Kennedy lawsuit). When he denied being diagnosed as bipolar, he said (paraphrasing) that it had been used by people trying to make money off him via financial settlements (I assume he meant in lawsuits).

So, if some people think that suggesting that at least some of Axl's issues may be due to a mental condition and not just "laziness" is defending or finding excuses for him, I doubt that Axl himself would see it that way.

Axl not agreeing doesn’t change the fact that people here used it as an excuse here more often than not over the years.

Oh, the good ole never-ending circles. They don't owe us anything. And Axl's poor release history is because of the bipolar disorder. I figure he must be on the 'off' side usually for decades. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

I have never heard anyone excuse Axl for anything by pointing to him being bipolar. That would be like, "Oh, don't criticize Axl for it, he can't help himself, he's bipolar." Never seen anyone do anything of the sort. But when discussing why Axl behaves the way he does one has to point to the various mental idiosyncrasies of the man. 

But pointing out that he’s bipolar without any knowledge is using excuses for his behaviour.

23 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

But the level of knowledge is the same for any speculation or educated guesses of the kind of "Axl behaves this way or doesn't release music because X or Y". The only thing we have full knowledge of is the result: Axl is not prolific and rarely releases music.

The only reason that attributing everything to mere laziness is seen as "telling it like it is" while other or additional explanations are perceived as "defending Axl" is because people generally sympathize less with a lazy person than with, say, an insecure person, so the laziness explanation provides better grounds for venting, whereas more complex explanations are usually less emotionally charged (and are not worded in the form of a rant), so they're taken as trying to "invalidate" the fans' frustrations.

But, in fact, insecurity or a potential mental condition as parts of the reason for Axl's behaviour doesn't mean that Axl bears no responsibility for it. For example, the people around Axl have changed over the years, but some patterns have been the same e.g. from Doug Goldstein to TB, which suggests that he tends to trust the wrong people to take care of business for him, and that he's prone to being surrounded by sycophants, and that's on him.

Spot on, can’t argue with that.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SoulMonster said:

Do you not know what an excuse is? It is to take away some of the personal liability one has for some event by pointing to (usually) exterior mitigating factors. You point to something that reduces your own responsibility for something happening. You have excuses for why something happens that reduce your own fault. Like, "Little Timmy isn't prepared for class because the dog ate his homework," or, "I am late for the meeting because of terrible traffic," or, "The label was working against me all the time." These are excuses. They shift some of the blame away from the individual over to some exterior phenomena.  

But you don't point to your own personality as an excuse for your own actions (which is an outcome of your personality). Like, "I didn't do my homework because I am lazy," or, "I didn't get to the meeting in time because I couldn't be bothered," or "I can't read and understand anything more complex than children books because I am extremely stupid." These are explanations but they are not excuses, they don't serve to reduce your own responsibility for what happened. They explain why it happened; they are purely descriptive (although they can be very damning since they reveal character "flaws"). 

I would argue -- since I am in a bit of a philosophical mindset today -- that any attempt to excuse one's own actions by pointing to intrinsic aspects of one's own personality, is a circular argument. You do what you do because of who you are. (This doesn't mean you can just this as a carte blanche to act out any instincts you might have, many character traits can and should be oversteered and failure to do so makes one culpable for the actions.)

As for whether I have excused Axl for any of his behavior by pointing to him having mental disorders or mental quirks of any kind: emphatically no. I have explained why he acts the way he does by pointing as best I can to his personality, but I have never at any point tried to make excuses for him (both because I see no reason to spend time to make any excuses for a celebrity I don't know and because, aligned with the above, that I find it meaningless to excuse anyone for being who they are). What I have provided in this thread and elsewhere is as accurately as possible to explain why he behaves the way he does based on what we actually know of the guy. It is purely descriptive without any judgment. I don't know if you simply don't recognize a descriptive characterization when it comes across your screen or if you just make yourself appear dumber to get at me, but there is not much I can do about that.

As for your argument that we have "no knowledge about whether Axl is bipolar. Well, that's an exaggeration. There is lots of evidence suggesting he is, and then there is evidence suggesting he isn't. To me it doesn't matter so much what sort of name we put on it, but there is no reason to disagree on the fact that he has been characterized as being very moody and going through seemingly cyclical phases of being inactivity and being active. 

Sorry, just read a long post. Two are too much. It’s sunday today:hug: 

• Haha 3

11 hours ago, BluegrassBlues said:

He's also referred to her as his 'wife' on at least one occasion, so goodness knows! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, allwaystired said:

He's also referred to her as his 'wife' on at least one occasion, so goodness knows! 

Has he? Not being snarky here just can't remember it and I haven't come further than 2019 in my research,

8 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

Sorry, just read a long post. Two are too much. It’s sunday today:hug: 

And I am sorry too, I can't reduce a complex argument to just a few lines which are processable by you.

1 minute ago, SoulMonster said:

Has he? Not being snarky here just can't remember it and I haven't come further than 2019 in my research,

And I am sorry too, I can't reduce a complex argument to just a few lines which are processable by you.

You know, sometimes it’s not about complexity. I’m already out when reading that somebody on the internet wanna explain to me what an excuse is. 

Posted (edited)

Why would he release more albums if it doesn't benefit him in any way? It would not change his career in a significant way. It would not make him happier (it probably would make him unhappy tbh, judging by his reaction to being forced to release CD).It also would not make him money. Therefore, it is not logical for him to pursue music right now from a basic cost-benefit standpoint. At his age the only reason the continue with music is if he has a passion for that specifically... But does he have a passion for it anymore?

Just because Axl isn't living his life the way random strangers want him to live it, doesn't mean he's lazy or mentally ill. He told people in his last interview years ago that he did not intend to put out music soon. What doesn't compute? 

Edited by meadsoap