Reunion Hints/Signs Before Slash's August Interview (that we might have missed)

I mean, there was a well documented near miss in 2006. Weiland was flipping out behind the scenes over if, I remember it was rumored that the OG GNR was billed for that download festival.

If timelines are correct, Todd Kerns said they were aware of it a year and a half ago, would t that put it around the time Slash and Perla split?

What happened in 2006 with Weiland, the "near miss", and Download reunion rumors? Did it have to do with Slash's visit to Axl's house?

I don't really remember, but sounds interesting.

Story was pretty simple, situation was really similar to the one now. There were rumors everywhere of GNR getting back together, some legit sources some not so legit. Then the infamous Slash house visit, Scott gets into a war of words with Axl over it. A few years later Scott said in an interview at the time he was talking with Robert and Sean about an STP reunion at the same time he was hearing about Slash working on a GNR reunion (I want to say it was a Howard stern interview). 2006 had the most somewhat legit rumblings of a reunion I recall.

I mean, there was a well documented near miss in 2006. Weiland was flipping out behind the scenes over if, I remember it was rumored that the OG GNR was billed for that download festival.

If timelines are correct, Todd Kerns said they were aware of it a year and a half ago, would t that put it around the time Slash and Perla split?

Bums me out to think of 2006 Axl with OG GNR.

I think part of the reason 2006 Axl was so great is that he was excited and motivated about finally getting CD out. I know they really pushed to get it done that year.

I'm hoping playing w/ Slash and Duff again puts the same fire into him.

I know people are cynical that this is a money grab. They will certainly make a ton of money, but I don't think there is a number big enough for Axl that would have put them back together without a real reconciliation.

What happened in 2006 with Weiland, the "near miss", and Download reunion rumors? Did it have to do with Slash's visit to Axl's house?

I don't really remember, but sounds interesting.

Story was pretty simple, situation was really similar to the one now. There were rumors everywhere of GNR getting back together, some legit sources some not so legit. Then the infamous Slash house visit, Scott gets into a war of words with Axl over it. A few years later Scott said in an interview at the time he was talking with Robert and Sean about an STP reunion at the same time he was hearing about Slash working on a GNR reunion (I want to say it was a Howard stern interview). 2006 had the most somewhat legit rumblings of a reunion I recall.

I remember being really puzzled because there were some really legit sources including Merck both at the time and years later who confirmed that there was some kind of deal on the table for some kind of one-off reunion at Donnington in the middle of the New Guns tour.

It makes absolutely zero sense on any level and the only thing I can imagine is that lawyers and managers on both sides had worked something with the promoter which they thought was so good Axl might go for it but obviously didn't. I can't imagine him actually being involved in it.

For me when guns was in South America a few years back and he told the story of slash always pissing himself and axl stealing the girls...it always felt different to me. First off about not speaking negatively of slash or not getting pissed to even consider talking about him. Not that I knew something was going on, but the way he spoke about slash and the smile on his face as he spoke about his old friend...

For me when guns was in South America a few years back and he told the story of slash always pissing himself and axl stealing the girls...it always felt different to me. First off about not speaking negatively of slash or not getting pissed to even consider talking about him. Not that I knew something was going on, but the way he spoke about slash and the smile on his face as he spoke about his old friend...

I never read it like that at all. I read it as I used to steal girls from my drunk friend who used to piss himself. Not necessarily that negative, but not at all positive. It was a memory that Slash was unfortunately a part of.

I don't think they were talking to each other at that point since we know that Slash didn't initially want to sign off on the Appetite for Democracy release, which was initially set for April 2014. That same month when news outlets asked him about Duff playing with Axl he stressed that Duff had a different relationship with Axl, saying "I would never get that call." I really think he was being sincere and not being coy, the thawing of relations I believe came about during the negotiations after the initial blocking of the AFDemocracy release, most likely with Duff being a mediator.

I think that eventually led to Axl considering some Slash-written material for the release of the next album:

"During an intimate workshop in Sydney held on Nov. 20 [2014], Fortus shared some interesting new info on Guns N’ Roses’ follow-up to ‘Chinese Democracy.’ “A lot of the new stuff that we’ve been working on; some of the stuff come from nothing and some of the stuff is stuff that we’ve been working on that were ideas that were already there. Some of the stuff Slash did — it was the beginning of the seed of the song that’s been around for a while.”"

http://loudwire.com/guns-n-roses-slash-material-new-album-axl-rose-posts-photo-studio/

DJ, seeing his own material passed over in favour of The Old One™, and being pressured by Nikki Sixx to join Sixx:AM full-time, made the logical choice in July 2015 to leave GNR.

• Like 1

i got the same impression

i know you can say he was moreso picking on Slash for pissing himself but the mood Axl was in made me look at it like you did

i don't think either one ever got over each other :heart:

Edited by -W.A.R-

"A tip for everyone, I'm a new guy here.

In the sixth show in Las Vegas Residency in 2014, although I was there too (not present for the post-show, show only). I have a friend (real real life) who met Axl Rose and the whole band, along with all the other bands that have opened the presentations.

She was sitting with a group of people and who was also more attended the afterparty. When I met her (it all came straight from Del James), who told her: "This will probably be the last time you'll see this version of Guns N 'Roses for a while." The next thing she mentioned was that: "The people have spoken." I asked what Del was referring to, she said: "Axl and Slash." I do not know if this alleged conversation took place by phone, email or in person, but I asked her to go straight to the point.

According to what she said, Axl reached a level in his life where he would try to leave the máguas aside and make peace with certain people in his life, apparently Slash is one of them.

I also asked about the status of Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal, she just smiled and said, "You'll have to wait and see" and not argue about it also." It is noteworthy that the same source that told us about the outputs of members of Guns N 'Roses also said those conversations about what happened in Las Vegas, with respect to changes in the probability of meeting the band and former members.

Mister Saint Laurent told our team that Guns N 'Roses may undergo major changes and that Axl Rose plans to revamp the management of the band, sending Team Brazil though."

Basically, Del James said Axl and Slash have met in some type of way.

Well, it's been suggested that Axl decided to make peace with various people. It would explain the sudden reappearance of Erin. When she put up her auction, and before all the Axl defenders jumped into action, the initial sense was she's bringing closure to that chapter in her life. That Axl knew. Her recent comments about him have been very contemplative and forgiving. Maybe he reached out to her, as well as Slash.

from the stories ive read- axl (in private) was always okay discussing slash and telling stories like this, no?

from the stories ive read- axl (in private) was always okay discussing slash and telling stories like this, no?

The very first time I met Axl without being led he discussed Slash and it was not negative at all

The very first time I met Axl without being led he discussed Slash and it was not negative at all

Cool. When/how did you meet him? Not looking for gossip on what was discussed, more how you met him, for how long, etc.

Also are the gunsguy who did heaps of those shows/dvds back in the heavy trading & torrent days?

In the sixth show in Las Vegas Residency in 2014, although I was there too (not present for the post-show, show only). I have a friend (real real life) who met Axl Rose and the whole band, along with all the other bands that have opened the presentations.

She was sitting with a group of people and who was also more attended the afterparty. When I met her (it all came straight from Del James), who told her: "This will probably be the last time you'll see this version of Guns N 'Roses for a while." The next thing she mentioned was that: "The people have spoken." I asked what Del was referring to, she said: "Axl and Slash." I do not know if this alleged conversation took place by phone, email or in person, but I asked her to go straight to the point.

According to what she said, Axl reached a level in his life where he would try to leave the máguas aside and make peace with certain people in his life, apparently Slash is one of them.

I also asked about the status of Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal, she just smiled and said, "You'll have to wait and see" and not argue about it also." It is noteworthy that the same source that told us about the outputs of members of Guns N 'Roses also said those conversations about what happened in Las Vegas, with respect to changes in the probability of meeting the band and former members.

Mister Saint Laurent told our team that Guns N 'Roses may undergo major changes and that Axl Rose plans to revamp the management of the band, sending Team Brazil though."

Well, it's been suggested that Axl decided to make peace with various people. It would explain the sudden reappearance of Erin. When she put up her auction, and before all the Axl defenders jumped into action, the initial sense was she's bringing closure to that chapter in her life. That Axl knew. Her recent comments about him have been very contemplative and forgiving. Maybe he reached out to her, as well as Slash.

Wonder if Erin will show up at shows, since she's BFF with Slash's girlfriend? Another reunion? :lol:

Wonder if Erin will show up at shows, since she's BFF with Slash's girlfriend? Another reunion? :lol:

Erin and Stephanie..the new tracy and roberta.

Awesome! This is the kind of thing I was looking for. Reading it now, it definitely seems legit. But the comments afterward are hilarious to read now that we know its true. And that's not a dig to anyone who called bullshit to that story...at the time it seemed impossible, and there was no really reliable sources.

It just makes the Axl-Slash-Duff reunion that much cooler, knowing how utterly impossible the thought of it was for the past 15-20 years up until a few months ago.

Awesome! This is the kind of thing I was looking for. Reading it now, it definitely seems legit. But the comments afterward are hilarious to read now that we know its true. And that's not a dig to anyone who called bullshit to that story...at the time it seemed impossible, and there was no really reliable sources.

It just makes the Axl-Slash-Duff reunion that much cooler, knowing how utterly impossible the thought of it was for the past 15-20 years up until a few months ago.

Still it could be bullshit though.

There were reunion rumors befor and they weren't true.

This could be another one with better timing.

But I could be wrong. Either way it's cool to read such things.

i got the same impression

i know you can say he was moreso picking on Slash for pissing himself but the mood Axl was in made me look at it like you did

i don't think either one ever got over each other :heart:

I remember thinking the exact same thing when watching that video. Axl's smile and the way he talked about it was priceless. I think that they talk about those things all the time now when they talk. Duff also said something about finishing each others sentences (that's what real friends do) when he and Axl met I London. I think that three of them are now enjoying talking about those kind of things from their past :heart: