Rare new footage! - Guns N' Roses @ The Ritz - October 23rd, 1987

19 minutes ago, Mr_Sparkle said:

88 show was better, had more energy. This is good, sounds good, but boring comparatively. 

I'm guessing there were more people in the crowd for the 88 Ritz show

Anyone know if the 1987 show was sold out?

• Like 1

I just listened to the audience recording from this show and now I want this to get released even more than before!

What an amazing performance by an amazing band in their absolute prime! Axl rips every song in to pieces (in a incredibly good way) and his vocals on Don't Cry are amazing, raw, real, and extremely emotional! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 07/03/2016 at 2:06 PM, Almost Famous said:

There were some other random oddities, a Curtis Mayfield tape, some Velvet Underground, A tape of The Smiths, couple others that escape me off hand, lol.  Haven't had the time or thought process to decide what I'm gonna do with those.

Hey dude, I have something to trade with you for the 1987 Ritz. I have things that might interest you. How can I contact you?

Edited by diegodasilva23

2 minutes ago, diegodasilva23 said:

Hey dude, I have something to trade with you for the 1987 Ritz. I mean, I don't want the whole concert, all I want is two songs from that concert and I have two thins that might interest you for that. How can I contact you?

Send him a private message

• 4 months later...
On 3/5/2016 at 8:01 PM, Nice Boy said:

I would pay handsomely to see the whole video of that

I can't get over how good the audio is, it's like, even better than the album versions but with the rough live edge.. maybe it was remastered, because it sounds so fuckin awesome..

It wasn't, that's what made it so special.

There was an audio bootleg of the whole show (with the same quality) floating around back in the day. It was also uploaded to one of the popular GNR bootleg sites that has since been shut down. I also remember seeing a couple copies sold on eBay a long time ago. Anyway, not sure if Alex was the one to have originally released that as well, but I'm sure it'll resurface again.

On 05/03/2016 at 7:04 PM, rendestroi95 said:

Alex Anderson 3 Hours Ago

Here's just a rough idea of things I'd be interested in; Full lossless audio from the April 10th 1993 Omaha, NE show, the April 13th 1993 Auburn Hills show, or the April 15th 1993 Roanoke, VA show. Videowise - I'm interested in anything currently unreleased GNR wise, with partial preference to 2010 era Pro Shots, 2012 Hiro Ballroom full pro shot, 1987 video shows (hey, maybe we can get two birds with this stone and oust that August 1987 video that has rumored to exist for years!) There is also of course the 2002 Video Music Awards Rehearsals DVD (and whatever else was on that four to six disc set that Scott Hopkins tried to use as leverage about a decade ago before he fell off the face of the earth, lol.) Also would be interested in unreleased fan filmed masters, there is an abundance of stuff that hasn't quite seen the light of day yet and I am hoping to uncover some of this with this teaser and offering this footage for trade.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

So....Maybe?

A bit more info on  Scott Hopkins  if you will and that 6 disc set?
Also, while the audio sounds soundboard, this video footage looks filmed off a screen...
What about this ...

2009 Pro Shot

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, t-p-d-a said:

i would like to see the full thing... why is this so hard tu opload a bootleg?

I think the guy who uploaded it was holding off for a trade of something else unreleased. It's been quiet a while now though.... I just wish people would release this stuff

• 3 weeks later...

So, people find rare footage and rather than share it with fans. They tease us and hold on to it for years hoping that someone will trade them something that may or may not exist?

Jesus how pathetic and selfish. Give it up man it's nearly Christmas!

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Damn it. I understand that the owner tried to get some other rare stuff to trade in.

But now, almost one year later, he should release that thing. This is so fucking amazing stuff, that it´s absolute bullshit not to release it to the fans.

I mean, that video is really epic (I normally don´t use that word that often, but in this case it fits). Example ?
"Reckless life" is the version from the GnR-Lies Album!!!!!  Slash shouted "hey fuckers, suck on guns n fucking roses" before he opens the song.

To this Alex-Guy who owns this: It´s time to set the monster free. C´mon.

Edited by Xedos

2 minutes ago, Xedos said:

Damn it. I understand that the owner tries to get some other rare stuff to trade in.

But now, almost one year later, he should release that thing. This is so fucking amazing stuff, that it´s absolute bullshit not to release it to the fans.

I mean, that video is really epic (I normally don´t use that word that often, but in this case it fits). Example ?
"Reckless life" is the version from the GnR-Lies Album!!!!!  Slash shouted "hey fuckers, suck on guns n fucking roses" before he opens the song.

To this Alex-Guy who owns this: It´s time to set the monster free. C´mon.

Reckless Life is a studio recording faked as a live recording so it's not it. Where the phrase is from isn't clear either, he shouted that exact phrase more than once (he did it at the Marquee aswell IIRC)

• Like 2