What are you more excited for - GNR reuniting, or Axl joining AC/DC?

What are you more excited for - GNR reuniting, or Axl joining AC/DC?  

149 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

To be honest i think it's great, if rumors are  truth, that Axl is going out of the (his) box and does AC Fuckin' DC! He looks great, what most of the time means people are happy in and with life so he obviously i happy with the GnFn'R "reunion". Well that said... Personally i'm more excited about AC/DC. the Reunion is to vage for me at the time, who is in and who is not etc etc. 

Axl joining AC/DC makes me wanna vomit in my mouth. And unlike most of you, I can't muster a whole lot of excitement about this GNR reunion either. Maybe it'll change once the dates kick off and I finally see the original guys back together again?

At this stage, the only thing that would get me pumped is a new album.

I've seen this reunion before but Axl playing with DC is some bizarre once in a lifetime not actually going to happen but it's Axl so who knows? I'm hoping the reunion comes to me but I'll fly to see an Axl n Angus show. 

7 hours ago, Powerage5 said:

The prospect of Axl/DC is far more exciting to me. The 2006-2014 era of GN'R is my favorite anyways, so a reunion just doesn't have the same impact to me as most.

But my favorite singer joining another of my favorite bands? Big hype.

Are you serious man ? 2006-2014 era is your favourite ? And you preffer Axl with AC/DC than a reunion ?ahahaha, what a joke, really

Edited by ksks12
  • Like 3

It's hard for me to put into words exactly how little excitement I feel towards anything to do with the Axl & AC/DC story. I've never been a fan of AC/DC, so Axl joining them in any capacity doesn't interest me in the least.

• Like 1

Reunion by far. But Axl and AC/DC would be pretty cool as well. Don't like the reason though. AC/DC with Brian is actually what would be a lot better, hope Brian gets well soon.

6 hours ago, Slash787 said:

I hope you are not saying that you preferred Ashba, Ron and Tommy over Slash and Duff. 

Oh, I still hate Ashba with a passion. But I would take Ron and Finck over Slash any day. I've never hidden the fact that I'm not a particularly big Slash fan. To me he's a decent bluesy guitarist, and not a whole lot more. :shrugs: Tommy and Duff I'm indifferent - I love both.

1 hour ago, ksks12 said:

Are you serious man ? 2006-2014 era is your favourite ? And you preffer Axl with AC/DC than a reunion ?ahahaha, what a joke, really

Completely serious. Here's the thing - I became a fan in 2005. Literally all I've ever known since I became a fan of GN'R is that era. I've seen them over 15 times, but only with the 2009-2014 lineup. And I loved (almost) every show. So naturally, that's the band I fell in love with. I mean, people talk about how alienated they felt when the old band dissolved, and that's sort of how I feel right now; my era of GN'R is over in favor of something that I have no real emotional connection to. Don't get me wrong, that doesn't mean I won't try to go to a couple shows - I mean GN'R is still GN'R - but to me a reunion isn't anything particularly exciting. But I guess my opinion is a joke, so whatever.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Powerage5 said:

Oh, I still hate Ashba with a passion. But I would take Ron and Finck over Slash any day. I've never hidden the fact that I'm not a particularly big Slash fan. To me he's a decent bluesy guitarist, and not a whole lot more. :shrugs: Tommy and Duff I'm indifferent - I love both.

Completely serious. Here's the thing - I became a fan in 2005. Literally all I've ever known since I became a fan of GN'R is that era. I've seen them over 15 times, but only with the 2009-2014 lineup. And I loved (almost) every show. So naturally, that's the band I fell in love with. I mean, people talk about how alienated they felt when the old band dissolved, and that's sort of how I feel right now; my era of GN'R is over in favor of something that I have no real emotional connection to. Don't get me wrong, that doesn't mean I won't try to go to a couple shows - I mean GN'R is still GN'R - but to me a reunion isn't anything particularly exciting. But I guess my opinion is a joke, so whatever.

ok i get it, but you do realise your favourite is not GNR per se. its people that at that time played GNR song (mostly) that other, original members wrote. You never realy saw GNR. No offence.

• Like 3

Reunion, of course. Why would I be excited about Axl joining some pretty used-up metal band that I've never really been a huge fan of, possibly at the expense of the fist real GNR tour in 20 plus years and at the time when all people care about is reunion? I don't like this idea at all and I think that contrary to what everyone else seems to think, it can have dreadful consequences for Axl and GNR. If he really rebuilt his self-confidence then that's great and he should use it to rebuild his image with GNR. With AC/DC the possibility of achieving the exact opposite is far to great.

I don't think Angus Young is going to be forgiving or understanding in relation to possible Axl's antics, I don't think Axl is willing to cave in under the absolute power of a guitarist (he's always had a problem with that, remember?) and thus I expect some major rift very soon. If anythong goes wrong, I don't think the AC/DC guys will stay quiet about in the press. Plus AC/DC fans hate the idea and quite possibly will booo Axl off stage (or will try to at least) cause they paid for the real AC/DC.  Altogether I sense a spectacular catastrophy that will make Axl furious for at least half a year, will give him horrible press undermining the sales on his own tour, will ruin his new-found self-confidence and make him dream od hiding in the mention for another 5 years.

Well, I just really hope that I'm wrong.

1 minute ago, tsinindy said:

Heh, I thought that was kinda funny too, but didn't want to say anything or be a dick about it....knew you'd come along sooner or later and take care of it :)

I just found it comical, not trying to be a dick... NuGnR fans were outright nasty around here to fans of the old band for a long time. They were dick's... I don't want to be like that.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Silent Jay said:

I'm more into new songs, I just hope this isn't pure nostalgia. I was very keen with GnR evolving.

I can agree with this. I'm gonna go nuts seeing axl slash and duff on stage together again and if Izzy and Steven do show up, even crazier. But then what?! Playing all the same material may get old after awhile.. Even if it's only 2-3 new songs SOME new material would be nice.

1 minute ago, Billsfan said:

I can agree with this. I'm gonna go nuts seeing axl slash and duff on stage together again and if Izzy and Steven do show up, even crazier. But then what?! Playing all the same material may get old after awhile.. Even if it's only 2-3 new songs SOME new material would be nice.

Just let it play out for awhile.. They haven't played these songs together in almost 25 years! It will be a awhile before it gets old.. Maybe for people that are mostly in it for just Axl and have seen him playing them for 15 years. That isn't most people anyway.. These songs are fucking classic regardless and if Axl is on, there is a lot they can play. These are the songs that will pack Stadiums.

I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if they have already thrown together a couple new songs either. I would say there is a good chance they have.