Who here likes every GNR song?

10 hours ago, JimmyPage said:

I like most Guns N' Roses songs....but ALL of them? I mean, this is a band that has songs like My World, Shotgun Blues, Get In The Ring, Shacklers Revenge, Anything Goes, If The World and Street Of Dreams. 

If you like every single song they've ever produced then more power to you, but they have had their fair share of fillers of the years.

i would like to say i do but can't. i will say i like MOST of their songs! rock3

I like everything minus the CD stuff, I like the CD stuff Live now because its an actual band effort with Axl, Duff, Slash & Fortus and its not fake & forced theres actual passion behind it now. While I like everything, there are songs I do play less of, those songs I "sometimes" pass/play less of are "You Ain't The First", "My World" and "Don't Cry" alternate version, prefer the original but still like this version. Other than that, I love every song on all their albums and can relate them to a time I did something, GNR to this day is the one band & artist next to Elvis Presley where I can throw a cd in (nowadays plug my phone in and choose an artist) and let it roll through. Same goes for any band Slash has, and its not even to be a blind fan boy, the guy just writes riffs that click with my brain and his World On Fire is probably one of my favorite albums ever.

Not only do I love all their songs, I can also play 95% of them on guitar completely through with solos since I was 15 (I'm now 29) and yes that includes Coma, Locomotive, Don't Damn Me, Estranged, Paradise City & ect...

Me and my brother would play Twisted Metal back in the 90s and throw GNR on and just kick ass on that game and since every cd rocked we didn't have to get up and change it. And then before mp3 players I brought a Use Your Illusions cassette & walkman to school and would jam it with other kids on the playground and we'd all think we were so bad ass listening to GNR. Then I upgraded to an actual Sony Walkman and would put it in my flannel jacket pocket & ride go kart all day blasting GNR. Their albums would literally be first round deserted island picks for me!. Lots of great times and every song fits some sort of emotion you can go through or are going through.

Edited by SlashElvisTCB

I'm of the same opinion as @Tom-Ass love everything up to Sympathy, i lost interest after Slash left so i haven't heard CD stuff apart from what they play now at gigs.Not really loving CD stuff but I am very slowly getting used to them.

Really dislike TIL though it kinda grates on me.

• Like 1

I like all of AFD and UYI 1&2 except the wtf My World. 

I love all of Lies

I don't mind TSI, not keen on Down On The Farm because of the rubbish mockney accent Axl does. 

I like CD, Shacklers Revenge, Sorry and Madagascar from Chinese Democracy, that's it. 

Edited by MillionsOfSpiders

I don't like every song. There are turds on every album, but that is the same for all of my favorite bands, if I am into over half the songs on an album, then I am pleased. If I like over 10, it is indispensable. Appetite is the closest to a total win for me; it is only really Thing About You that I actively dislike. But Appetite is not my favourite GN'R album. 

6 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

I'm of the same opinion as @Tom-Ass love everything up to Sympathy, i lost interest after Slash left so i haven't heard CD stuff apart from what they play now at gigs.Not really loving CD stuff but I am very slowly getting used to them.

Really dislike TIL though it kinda grates on me.

I was actually 100% on board with what every band member was doing in the off years. Including Axl. 

I was following his re-emergence and getting to know the new band members.

I bought the End Of Days soundtrack for Oh My God which I though was a good song for the time. 
I bought a Josh Freese CD which I remember liking but couldn't name a song off of it now
I bought a Buckethead CD which is awful
I followed the first Vegas show online
I was all over that Rock In Rio and liked 3 of the new songs I heard. Madagascar, CD and The Blues. Hated Rhiad and whatever others were around.
I went to see them in 2002. Axl looked like a fool but sounded great. The band, not so much and the show overall was a let down. It was so disappointing to see that literal circus be carted around under the Guns N' Roses name.

It all went down hill after that live show which I just couldn't get into.. Axl started being an ass clown again. Not showing up to shows, blaming everyone for everything, talking shit about all his ex band mates. The more leaks I heard, the worse they were.. Fast forward to his finally releasing the album.. I just thought it was so bad and it had nothing to do with who was in the band. I didn't want to like it and wanted it to be bad but my gut feeling was that it would be good.. I couldn't have been any more wrong. Even the studio versions of the 3 songs which I liked from that Rock In Rio weren't as good. They still don't sound good with Slash and Duff on them. To me they are just weak songs. Then he consistently started to sound worse and worse. Seeing performances like the MTV music awards and the Golden Gods forever being linked with the GnR name is just embarrassing as a fan. It will forever be a sin that Axl didn't have the nuggets to just release it as a solo album. You could almost argue that it took more balls to release it under the GnR name but I think it was more ego than anything.

• Like 2

My least favorite song is Shotgun Blues but I'd rather listen to it on repeat for hours than a lot of other shit that's claimed to be great. Like an equal length of time of Shotgun Blues to U2's entire catalog. 

Side note: people take My World far too seriously. It's a fuckin 30 sec song at the end of a goddamn double album for fuck sake. You wanna step into Axl's world, you might not like it...

I like all of them, sure... I dont LOVE all of them though. Im sorry to confess that. The only one that comes to mind that I think is just OK is Nice Boys. Back then Im sure it was awesome and totally fitting. If they were to perform it today it'd be corny to me. 

• Like 1

Anything Goes is an awful song, no way around it. The chorus to Paradise City is very annoying, but I like the verses. You Aint the First is useless, Don't Damn Me is pretty weak, 14 Years and Yesterdays do nothing for me, I tend to skip those... same with Knockin' On Heaven's Door, pretty boring. Shotgun Blues is annoying as well, and Don't Cry (Alt Lyrics) is extremely pointless. Most of ChiDem is alright... the only song that really sucks (IMO) is IRS. I actually really dig My World... fun little track.

Ok lets see.. 

Im a huge cd álbum suoorter. But ive got to be honest here.  Guns n' Roses with axl, slash and duff onboard cant go wrong. If u add izzy and matt is pretty much imposible for them to do a bad song.. So i pretty much love every single song ( even my world.. Yes), from apettite till sftd single ( even demos like aint going down, or that live "dust in the wind", to name a few of the less known material)

But, from the cd album era, songs like rhiad and that f..n s...worms ( cant even name it) are a disgrace. I really hate those.  The rest of the chinese i fuc..n LOVE IT LIKE CRAZY.  Cd era would have be extra perfect and beyond brilliant without that couple of songs.  Til, sorry, madagascar, sod, itw, sr, better, prostitute, catcher, etc.. Ohhh. What a great material . pure art, genius .. If u add fall to pieces, time go by and serial killer,  youve got yourself a GUNS N' FUCKIN ROSES ALBUM ( and im pretty sure thats the álbum axl had in mind just before gnr splitt..u know, without time go by). And thats the álbum we were going to get by 1998. ( probably with "oh my god" instead of " time go by")

Peace everyone 

2 minutes ago, nevergotochurch said:

Anything Goes is an awful song, no way around it. The chorus to Paradise City is very annoying, but I like the verses. You Aint the First is useless, Don't Damn Me is pretty weak, 14 Years and Yesterdays do nothing for me, I tend to skip those... same with Knockin' On Heaven's Door, pretty boring. Shotgun Blues is annoying as well, and Don't Cry (Alt Lyrics) is extremely pointless. Most of ChiDem is alright... the only song that really sucks (IMO) is IRS. I actually really dig My World... fun little track.

Anything Goes is one of the very first songs from the Hollywood Rose days. It's kind of a prelude to what GnR was gonna be. So consider that context when you hear it.

Don't Damn Me has gotta be their most underrated song imo.

So many different styles to pick from with this band. To each his own. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

Anything Goes is one of the very first songs from the Hollywood Rose days. It's kind of a prelude to what GnR was gonna be. So consider that context when you hear it.

Don't Damn Me has gotta be their most underrated song imo.

So many different styles to pick from with this band. To each his own. 

yup, to each their own! I think Bad Apples is very underrated. Great song that rarely gets any love. My favorite GN'R track has changed from time to time over the years, but after 25 years as a fan... I think I've decided that "Out Ta Get Me" is their best song.

• Like 1