Has there actually been a good performance of Better on this tour?

4 minutes ago, Wagszilla said:

Your schtick is getting boring.

Axl was drunk as fuck that night and his vocals were on-point late 2006 to 2007. 

you did bother to reply but you didnt really answer anything that i asked

:rofl-lol:

the information that he was drunk (or high) is valuable though. axl seems to give great performances when he is a bit high

Just now, Wagszilla said:

Oh, my bad.

He was extremely drunk in Monterrey, the "opening" show of the 2007 tour.

I'm fairly certain that picture the person used on that Japan video is from that show.

Really? I never knew that he was drunk at a show in the CD era. I always believed his experiences with Slash made him look down on performing under the influence of anything.

1 hour ago, The Holographic Universe said:

Really? I never knew that he was drunk at a show in the CD era. I always believed his experiences with Slash made him look down on performing under the influence of anything.

Watch nightrain @ Download Festival 2006... coked out his skull. Zooms in at the end and the (what us brits call) gear-jaw is blatant. One of the best ever performances of this song, bearing in mind

• Like 1

My only experience of Better live is when I saw it was great and very aggressive and fun. But when I saw the video on youtube it was vocally weak and shaky. I really remember the chorus and breakdowns as being a highlight of the 09 show, along with Nightrain, Heavens Door and If the World. 

Edited by wasted

2 hours ago, ludurigan said:

you did bother to reply but you didnt really answer anything that i asked

:rofl-lol:

the information that he was drunk (or high) is valuable though. axl seems to give great performances when he is a bit high

This is the key. The more tequila Axl drinks the better his vocals are. Science has proof. 45% proof is good enough evidence. 

Edited by wasted
  • Like 1

Better was one of my favourite performances of the entire show when I went to see them, it's great live. It's got everything a good rock song should have. Also, it's incredible when Axl belts out the bridge, he's consistently nailing it during this tour. Great song and great performances, including Slash, the second solo that he plays is one of the best changes that he's made to the Chinese Democracy material (not that it needed changing) imo.

7 hours ago, The Holographic Universe said:

Lol. Axl is drunk at most shows, don't believe his shit. He definitely, or at least used to snort coke on a regular basis too.

6 hours ago, kanecrescente said:

Watch nightrain @ Download Festival 2006... coked out his skull. Zooms in at the end and the (what us brits call) gear-jaw is blatant. One of the best ever performances of this song, bearing in mind

Gear-jaw :lol: over here we call it goat mouth :lol:

• Like 2

6 hours ago, kanecrescente said:

Damn, and you know Axl gets the best pony money can buy. AHH AHH!

9 hours ago, kanecrescente said:

:lol: never noticed this before, he can't keep his mouth closed by the end jaw is SWINGING :lol:

• Like 1

14 hours ago, ludurigan said:

axl sounding like sandpaper here

the entire show is recorded like this?

with his voice very well above all the aliens?

i almost feel like I can enjoy axl solo music if it consists of sandpaper axl and all the rest of it as background music

It's called an IEM mix. In-ear monitor.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, kanecrescente said:

Nah, i know we like to think our favourite rock stars are up there completely out of their brains on drugs but i think you'll find that's just pure adrenaline. Axl wouldn't be able to completely slay that song with a throat full of gak believe me.

3 hours ago, janrichmond said:

Lol at goat mouth, i've never heard it called that but i like it.

It's funny when you say it too. Be at the bar and tell your friend....hey, hey, check out goat mouth over at the pool table :lol:

Or...Did you see homeboy? He had the goat mouth bad!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Silverburst80 said:

Nah, i know we like to think our favourite rock stars are up there completely out of their brains on drugs but i think you'll find that's just pure adrenaline. Axl wouldn't be able to completely slay that song with a throat full of gak believe me.

Wrong, and I believe partially that axl's semi-likely abolishion of the magic powder is one of the sole reasons why his voice doesn't tear through the majority of these songs with the same grit