The love/sex/relationship thread

Lithium

8 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

Tell your wife she's a rascal lol.

What DVDs are they though?

At the moment I've got Dexter season 1 - 5 boxset, pirates of Carribbean salazars revenge and Behind enemy lines. On the shelf/radiator. The other 730+ are all on bookcases dotted around the home.

On 6/2/2022 at 11:47 PM, janrichmond said:

and you're moaning about a few candles! Go and buy your missus a Jo Malone candle and beg her forgiveness.

Looked at the price of those. And jeeze how much for a single candle?

On 6/3/2022 at 6:23 AM, SoulMonster said:

Get rid of the DVDs. 

:o can't do that. 

On 6/3/2022 at 9:52 AM, Oldest Goat said:

Damn dude haha that's so many. Sell them off and just pirate a big collection.

Can't do that, I'd miss my collection. Spent years collecting these.

Update on the argument. I conceded the shelf and things have settled down

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ssiscool said:

Looked at the price of those. And jeeze how much for a single candle?

:o can't do that. 

Can't do that, I'd miss my collection. Spent years collecting these.

Update on the argument. I conceded the shelf and things have settled down

Booo, you had all the facts and logic on your side!

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/1/2022 at 4:57 PM, ssiscool said:

Ok married people, what's the stupidest argument you've got in with your spouse/significant other?

I asked my husband to tuck his shirt in. It had a proper dress shirt hem and not a straight hem, it needed to be tucked in. He didn't react well. Haven't asked him since.

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

Been many years since I posted anything in this thread regarding my relationship, but after all these years, I am going to finally propose

I am getting a ring designed and I can’t wait!

Amazing news! Really happy for you buddy. Good luck! 

• Thanks 1

On 6/25/2022 at 12:47 PM, ZoSoRose said:

Been many years since I posted anything in this thread regarding my relationship, but after all these years, I am going to finally propose

What's his name?

On 6/17/2022 at 2:15 PM, Cosmo said:

Got marries last week. Me and my now wife, are moving to France in September because of her job and we need to be married for visa reasons. We’be been together for 8 years so, it was bound to happen :)

Well done! 

On 6/25/2022 at 8:47 PM, ZoSoRose said:

Very fancy. Congrats too

• Like 1

• 8 months later...
On 6/25/2022 at 3:47 PM, ZoSoRose said:

Took 9 months but the time was finally right this weekend! Woohoo, I am engaged!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • GNFNR 1

• 10 months later...

I met someone yesterday whom I haven't seen in about four or five years. We never knew each other that well before, so we got to learn a lot of cool stuff about each other as well as reconnecting. I had decided to go to the weekly jam at a local bar for the first time in months, and she had decided to check it out for the first time, so we happened to bump into each other in there and spent the whole night catching up and talking.

We're getting coffee on Friday :)

Edited by Eric Cantona
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 3/21/2023 at 11:33 AM, Chris1989 said:

I'm married with a 2.5 year old. Ticked the boxes now. 

House. Wife. Child. 

And now my wife wants a divorce because she doesn't love me any more, but I'm an amazing husband and have only ever treated her in the best way, and I have always been wonderful.

Not sure that makes me feel any better. She wants to just throw a decade away of our relationship, and the stability of our lives and our daughters life just because she is depressed and lost in life. 

2 hours ago, Chris1989 said:

And now my wife wants a divorce because she doesn't love me any more, but I'm an amazing husband and have only ever treated her in the best way, and I have always been wonderful.

Not sure that makes me feel any better. She wants to just throw a decade away of our relationship, and the stability of our lives and our daughters life just because she is depressed and lost in life. 

Oh fuck, man, I am sorry to hear this. 

3 hours ago, Chris1989 said:

Fuck dude, I'm sorry. That is beyond a drag. Can you guys try counseling?? 

I’m starting to get back into the dating pool for the first time since right before the pandemic. Needed to take a few years off to work on myself after my last situationship ended in a shit show. Having to change jobs and move as a result of the pandemic didn’t help either.

Ultimately though I’m also happy being on my own these days, so if it stays that way then so be it.

Edited by rocknroll41
  • Like 1