Izzy Stradlin comments on reunion

13 minutes ago, Eddie Money said:

It is being marketed as a reunion tour so many of these people are hoping to see Izzy.  

Is it, though? I've only ever seen ads with footage of Axl, Duff and Slash. I've never seen or heard it marketed as 'Classic line-up' or 'X line-up of GNR re-unite'.

As for Izzy, we have no idea what he wanted to do and how much he wanted to get paid etc. He was probably offered the same as Steven, guesting on a couple songs, and it apparently went south from there.

Edited by Gordon Comstock
  • Like 1

So where are the rest of the tweets? I only saw the "Bullshit" one...someone said he deleted the rest. 

My view...it sucks for their personal friendships that this happened but honestly 90% of the audience at shows thinks Fortus is Izzy or they don't know who Izzy is so from that perspective it doesn't matter but again for their friendships this sucks 

3 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Wow...so the cameos from Steven are really the closest thing we will ever get to a full afd5 reunion.

oh well. I do like the current line up a lot tho and look forward to seeing what they do with further touring and a possible new album.

i admire Izzy a lot and respect him greatly for writing the bulk of GNR's back catalog, but what I've wanted the most was to see Axl and slash working together again and we finally have that now. So I have no reason to complain about this aspect of the whole ordeal.

Yeah Im more towards this boat. Tonight has really bummed me out but it doesnt affect my view on GNR.

If also like to add that Richards involvement has nothing to do with izzy for me.

Keep him! His pay grade isn't like the original guys and he's needed for Chinese material and hopefully new stuff. No reason izzy couldn't be there too

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Is it, though? I've only ever seen ads with footage of Axl, Duff and Slash. I've never seen or heard it marketed as 'X line-up of GNR re-unite'.

As for Izzy, we have no idea what he wanted to do and how much he wanted to get paid etc. He was probably offered the same as Steven, guesting on a couple songs, and it apparently went south from there.

I still would be VERY surprised if he was willing to tour full-time. My guess is he either wanted too much money for his guest appearances or he wanted something absurd to actually tour full time. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Billsfan said:

Or if fortus steps aside... 

I don't get this? Izzy wants equal share. Axl/Duff/Slash don't want to give him equal share. How does Fortus stepping aside make either Izzy suddenly no longer want equal share or Axl/Duff/Slash suddenly want to give equal share?

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Kmartin9928 said:

Izzy has deleted all his tweets except for 3 of them.. I guess the lyrics and tweets was shots to G N R.... Why delete them damage has been done and what he just said did more damage.. Very sad day.. ???

50 minutes ago, Silent Jay said:

Izzy deleted almost all his tweets.

What tweets? I can see all His tweets 

It's never been marketed as a reunion, come to think of it I don't think anyone has said the word reunion from the GNR camp. 

Sure they are pushing the fact that slash is back in, but to the general fan, that's all they really care about anyway.

i didn't bother going to see guns last time they came to Australia as it didn't interest me. But this time I'm going to 4 shows.

Edited by megaguns1982
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, sanity_lost said:

I don't get this? Izzy wants equal share. Axl/Duff/Slash don't want to give him equal share. How does Fortus stepping aside make either Izzy suddenly no longer want equal share or Axl/Duff/Slash suddenly want to give equal share?

Because then they'd need a rhythm guitarist and would probably compromise more. Fortus was already there as the rhythm guitarist, so why deal someone equally into an already existing partnership, when the position is already filled? They clearly thought he would just show regardless and didn't want to add anyone extra to the band. That's why...

Edited by Billsfan
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, SerenityScorp said:

What tweets? I can see all His tweets 

More than the 3 (and 1 reply) currently up?  He used to post links and info about his solo work, some lyrics and whatnot, but just recently he seemed to wipe most of his tweets like that and just kept a few of them

2 minutes ago, Billsfan said:

Because then they'd need a rhythm guitarist and would probably compromise more. Fortus was already there as the rhythm guitarist, so why deal someone equally into an already existing partnership, when the position is already filled? That's why...

If Fortus's Facebook is to be believed, Slash wanted Fortus around

1 minute ago, Modano09 said:

I still would be VERY surprised if he was willing to tour full-time. My guess is he either wanted too much money for his guest appearances or he wanted something absurd to actually tour full time. 

Why would he tour full time though? This isn't and never was a full on reunion, Axl needed a bass player and a guitar player and had made-up with with Duff and Slash and all was well there but he still had the rest of his last band intact, but now the new guitar and bass players really are better than the old one. Even if he wanted to, Axl probably would've just had a 3-guitar band with Fortus still. I'm guessing he either wasn't cool with that, or wanted more for guest spots (more $ and/or more than 2 songs)

6 minutes ago, TheSeeker said:

Another problem is that by burning this bridge with Izzy, he's going to tell them to take a hike when they want to write new songs

Instead we're going to get Slash and Duff reworking the Chinese Leftovers

I'm out of likes but yes!

2 minutes ago, Billsfan said:

Because then they'd need a rhythm guitarist and would probably compromise more. Fortus was already there as the rhythm guitarist, so why deal someone equally into an already existing partnership, when the position is already filled? That's why...

So Fortus should quit so Izzy can back Axl/Duff/Slash into a corner and force them to give him equal pay when they don't feel that he contributes what they contribute to running of GNR? Part of the reason Izzy quit in the first place was because a contract was shoved in his face telling him to that they were reducing his part. They had no other rhythm guitarist then.

Somehow I just don't seeing that work out so well.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Billsfan said:

What song, FP money? If that's your point then you're absolutely right, just don't forget to add to it the fact that of all the people in the world to play on drums for the song, izzy got Matt Sorum. Matt Sorum. Who knew those two were even speaking for years..?!?! 

Well, at the time I auditioned for Velvet Revolver Izzy was involved, and he wanted to continue but with him as the singer. So he was at least ok enough with Matt's playing for that.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AxlCole said:

Well, at the time I auditioned for Velvet Revolver Izzy was involved, and he wanted to continue but with him as the singer. So he was at least ok enough with Matt's playing for that.

And no where in what I typed did I say izzy hated sorum. But that's ONE instance of the two working together since the GNR split or whatever the hell it was.. But give me a break, of all the people to work with?! He knew damn well sorum wanted to be involved. That was a different beast too, t was a supergroup. Everything izzy has done beyond that he's had his own no name drummer. That was done on purpose- clear as day. 

• Like 1

I can't wait to see pissed off Axl go into the studio and destroy Izzy and ju ju hounds!! 

Screw rock I want Axl to release a mixtape and venture into hip hop. 

Jk Axl has a soft spot for Izzy. I'm sure he's given Mr. Stradlin a call tonight. Like "wtf man...I told you I'd pay you after the tour and give you a $300 signing bonus!" 

4 minutes ago, sanity_lost said:

So Fortus should quit so Izzy can back Axl/Duff/Slash into a corner and force them to give him equal pay when they don't feel that he contributes what they contribute to running of GNR? Part of the reason Izzy quit in the first place was because a contract was shoved in his face telling him to that they were reducing his part. They had no other rhythm guitarist then.

Somehow I just don't seeing that work out so well.

Well, I could. Izzy also quit because the guys weren't sober at the time, and he was. It was detrimental to his health to be in GNR at the time, it isn't now. And he fact of the matter is regardless of what you said being how Axl slash and duff feel or not, as it's already been pointed out, izzy was the heart and soul of the band. He had a key part in writing and helping create 95% of the songs they play each night. He has a case... 

• Like 2