Jump to content

Izzy Stradlin comments on reunion


Recommended Posts

Well sadly the music world is also a sad business, money and fame do bad things to People and it causes bad blood between People. ass lickers games and backstabbing that sadly is what it's like even in the world of our favorite little band with our idols and favorite songs...

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, bacardimayne said:

As I said earlier in the week, this may be the most pathetic thing Axl and Guns N' Roses have ever done.

Not even in the 2011-2014 dark ages did Axl keep a founding member of the band and longtime friend out for petty money reasons.

Absolutely disgusting. Sad my theory has been proven true about this corporate, shit, cashgrab tour.

If it was truly about the music and not $, then Izzy would have showed up regardless...

You are worth whatever you can get. This time around, it didn't work mutually to get a deal done. If they were that far apart, then it's understandable why he's not up there. No one owes anyone anything, they've all had their success  

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, liers said:

He was probably never offered a full time gig because Fortus was still on board, and since he was only going to be part time he probably wasn't going to be paid as much as the full time members. Same situation as Adler.

Yeah that's probably it. Makes sense. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

There's two arguments that can be made about the situation, really:

You can be mad at GnR/TB/Axl for low-balling Izzy, and showing no interest in accommodating to bring him into the band for the reunion tour
You can be mad at Izzy for not being in it for the music & the fans, but just for the money

Personally, I've been very happy with Fortus on this tour and I'm sure he impressed a lot of people with how well he compliments Slash and the ChiDem leads

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes- he didn't wanna be a big rock star since, well ever really. Until he heard about the FP Money. Now it sounds pretty good all of a sudden. But the other 3 are automatically the bad guys?

We have no idea what he was asked to do or didn't wanna do or anything really... 

All I know is this gonna be one huge fuckin shit storm...

Your serve, Mr. Rose.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Modano09 said:

Why should it be shared equally? He quit 25 years ago and had nothing to do with the work that went into a reunion. 

Slash and Duff quit too. That is irrelevant 

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

12 minutes ago, Gackt said:

You can be mad at Izzy for not being in it for the music & the fans, but just for the money

Why would you be mad at Izzy, he don't want to take less money than Duff and i think we can agree that Izzy is more worthy to GNR succes.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Modano09 said:

Why should it be shared equally? He quit 25 years ago and had nothing to do with the work that went into a reunion. 

Exactly. He sold his stake in GNR years ago. Regardless of contributions to the band he does not deserve to just waltz back into the band and get equal shares of the company. That's bad business. People here are romanticizing Izzy's worth. This would be like Walter White wanting back into Grey Matter after selling his shares: bad business. Izzy should have known the value of GNR brand back in the 90's and kept his shares. As Izzy said, moving right along. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ZoSoRose said:

Slash and Duff quit too. That is irrelevant 

Oh it's quite relevant. He quit GNR 25 years ago and has had nothing to do with the band or the brand since. Axl, Slash and Duff are the ones who managed the GNR brand the last 25 years. They're the ones who put the work into making the reunion tour happen, they're the ones that have been on court managing the GNR name. They deserve a bigger piece of the pie than the guy who quit 25 years ago and seems to just want to show up and play.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DexAxl said:

Why would you be mad at Izzy, he don't want to take less money than Duff and i think we can agree that Izzy is more worthy to GNR succes.

Axl & Duff are a lot more tight than Axl & Izzy; call it favoritism, but it's well-documented that Duff has always been Axl's yes-man from the original line-up, and will reap the benefits from that

Izzy simply isn't as valuable to the success of a reunion tour

Link to post
Share on other sites

Like it or not guys, Izzy quit the band in 1991 and gave up his share of it. You can't just quit something, not come back to it (minus guest appearances) for 25 years and then expect to get a full share back. Guns n' Roses is a partnership between Duff, Axl and Slash. There has also been Fortus in the band for nearly 15 years. GN'R or the management probably thought it would've been fun to offer Adler and Izzy guest spots if they were willing to take them, and Izzy was simply not willing to accept it. I'd love to see him up there with guys but I've accepted it long ago that Izzy would not be playing with this line-up.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, The Holographic Universe said:

Exactly. He sold his stake in GNR years ago. Regardless of contributions to the band he does not deserve to just waltz back into the band and get equal shares of the company. That's bad business. People here are romanticizing Izzy's worth. This would be like Walter White wanting back into Grey Matter after selling his shares: bad business. Izzy should have known the value of GNR brand back in the 90's and kept his shares. As Izzy said, moving right along. 

Were fans

I dont give a fuck what good "buisness" is or the "brand value". Lol what a load of trash. I think of GNR the band, not GNR the buisness.

Its a reunion. Reunions are usually a fresh start sort of thing. Who cares if he left in 91 (which he needed to for his well being)? All 5 of those guys helped build the band in the old days. They all deserve to have been given a chance here based on the ethical, right choice.

But hey, it is what it is. Im not going to stop loving this lineup. It works for my personal taste but I dont blame others for being mad about this.

It sucks money got in the way, plain and simple

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, liers said:

He was probably never offered a full time gig because Fortus was still on board, and since he was only going to be part time he probably wasn't going to be paid as much as the full time members. Same situation as Adler.

This seems like the most likely possibility.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Modano09 said:

Oh it's quite relevant. He quit GNR 25 years ago and has had nothing to do with the band or the brand since. Axl, Slash and Duff are the ones who managed the GNR brand the last 25 years. They're the ones who put the work into making the reunion tour happen, they're the ones that have been on court managing the GNR name. They deserve a bigger piece of the pie than the guy who quit 25 years ago and seems to just want to show up and play.

Naw.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ZoSoRose said:

Were fans

I dont give a fuck what good "buisness" is or the "brand value". Lol what a load of trash. I think of GNR the band, not GNR the buisness.

Its a reunion. Reunions are usually a fresh start sort of thing. Who cares if he left in 91 (which he needed to for his well being)? All 5 of those guys helped build the band in the old days. They all deserve to have been given a chance here based on the ethical, right choice.

But hey, it is what it is. Im not going to stop loving this lineup. It works for my personal taste but I dont blame others for being mad about this.

It sucks money got in the way, plain and simple

The only person who should care is Izzy. GNR is a business, too. It would be stupid to give cash to a guy 90% of the public do not care about. Now, had Izzy been in VR or another project with mainstream visibility then I could understand he would have something to being to the table, but his inclusion is just romanticizing of forum fans. Nobody else cares. Fuck, GNR did well with only Axl. So Izzy is just Izzy.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...