08/11/17 - Winston-Salem, NC - BB&T Field

Estranged Reality

29 minutes ago, TeeJay410 said:

So I'm a long time forum member. I have CD binders filled with GN'R bootlegs from all eras. I've said some pretty critical things about Axl's voice at times, but I had never seen him live. Tonight was my first time. I am now fully a member of the "you just don't know unless it's in person." 

Ive seen Slash with various acts four or five times. He was on fire and played great, but it wasn't a revelation in the same way as seeing Axl. My fiancé who is not into them but is a good sport came away blown away by Axl. He sings wth such power and energy over the span of three and a half hours. She joked that with how much he runs and sweats that she wants to know what he's eating to still have that weight. She was also charmed by Duff's casual bad assery, she said she was going to leave me. I couldn't blame her.

Axl didn't speak much but he did say during KOHD "So far so good, we don't happen to find ourselves in a nuclear war, yet." That was funny. 

I also want to comment how great Melissa is. She's a strong performer and does add to the music. She shines on Better. Frank was fine, professional. With everyone else going balls out performing, he does sort of stick out doing just okay. But overall they did not look like some old guy nostalgia act, even if on paper that's what they are. They played like a real vital rock n roll band.

I was was really impressed. They played from about 8:30 to midnight. One of the best shows I have been to. 

Happy for you ☺and is of  a good person  recognized are wrong 👍

43 minutes ago, TeeJay410 said:

So I'm a long time forum member. I have CD binders filled with GN'R bootlegs from all eras. I've said some pretty critical things about Axl's voice at times, but I had never seen him live. Tonight was my first time. I am now fully a member of the "you just don't know unless it's in person." 

Ive seen Slash with various acts four or five times. He was on fire and played great, but it wasn't a revelation in the same way as seeing Axl. My fiancé who is not into them but is a good sport came away blown away by Axl. He sings wth such power and energy over the span of three and a half hours. She joked that with how much he runs and sweats that she wants to know what he's eating to still have that weight. She was also charmed by Duff's casual bad assery, she said she was going to leave me. I couldn't blame her.

Axl didn't speak much but he did say during KOHD "So far so good, we don't happen to find ourselves in a nuclear war, yet." That was funny. 

I also want to comment how great Melissa is. She's a strong performer and does add to the music. She shines on Better. Frank was fine, professional. With everyone else going balls out performing, he does sort of stick out doing just okay. But overall they did not look like some old guy nostalgia act, even if on paper that's what they are. They played like a real vital rock n roll band.

I was was really impressed. They played from about 8:30 to midnight. One of the best shows I have been to. 

Awesome! I've been really impressed with Estranged lately. Axl seems to get himself in the mood to sing that song by doing a lot of running from side to side similar to the pro shots we see from the official video. It's been a nice touch to the song live imo 

4 hours ago, liqddynamite said:

Axl's vocals - First 4 songs very raspy, was a really great jungle and we all love the deeper, darker vocals for Better.  After that it got cleaner, but with tons of power and never heard mickey.  He got raspy again for TIL, and then toward the end during Don't cry, night train, etc.  He sang part of a couple other songs with a lower register than usual, can't remember off the top of my head but it was really cool and it even sounded like he was working on rasp in the midrange, that's my personal speculation there and would like to hear others way in.  BTW the Coma outro was much more under control and he nailed it last night. My personal opinion (can discuss in the vocals thread) is that he's fully capable of doing whatever he wants, but he's singing cleaner for longevity's sake and its toward the end of a very long tour, I do NOT equate rasp with effort.  Without question, he gave every song everything he had, it was a great, great performance from him.  

Fantastic insight and analysis. Spot on. It's funny, there are people who've been around here for decades with tens of thousands of posts who are so thick they still come into every show thread and say things like "His voice is gone, he can't sing anymore" etc. You've got 148 posts and you get it more than most. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

Stinker of a solo but... No different than the other nights. "50% less notes Slash, like a good lad"

Yesterdays was my least favorite song of the night last night. The graphics are super cheesy and out of place for that song in particular. It felt like I was watching a commercial. 

7 hours ago, Joeypeeps said:

WTF!!! Cut out "Rosie" and "Patience" and get "The Seeker" the fuck outa here with that bullshit!

It would be interesting to know when they decide on the set list and who decides. The other night in Miami I saw Axl talking to Duff a couple of times. Also during one song (can't remember which) he was talking into his mic but not over the PA. Before he started singing again he reached to his transmitter. Is he just deciding on the fly how many songs he wants to sing?

• Like 1

My Review 

The venue was  cool as fuck - mini bars all over the streets walking from the hotel - which was a straight to the venue maybe 2 blocks at most - GNR fans partying everywhere on the streets leading up to the venue - get in and the venue is rad - acoustics were killer -

1- AXL no mickey mouse at all he killed it - his voice never broke 1 time during the whole gig - he brought the goods - great stage presence - maybe the best I have heard him or up there with the best the whole tour - amazing - Axl Rose is back 

2-SLASH - ripped- every song all night - his tone was clear - we heard every note he played - DTTJ WAS MONSTEROUS- YCBM- BROWNSTONE- MY GOD COMA was blazing - another highlight during the wish u were here solo - Slash  played the 3 solo section with just his left hand and killed it - It is Slash' s show for sure - I can write a review of every song because he killed on all of them - he was really into the gig - nobody has SLASH'S SOUND right now  in the world - top notch ty ADAM DAY 

3 Overall and in every GNR tour the longer they play together  the more they get tighter as a unit and they cant get much tighter - WHOLE BAND IS ON FIRE 

One of the best concerts I have ever seen - period 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Jordan Rose said:

Fantastic insight and analysis. Spot on. It's funny, there are people who've been around here for decades with tens of thousands of posts who are so thick they still come into every show thread and say things like "His voice is gone, he can't sing anymore" etc. You've got 148 posts and you get it more than most. 

Hey I like the tour! :lol:

2 hours ago, TMAC20 said:

My Review 

The venue was  cool as fuck - mini bars all over the streets walking from the hotel - which was a straight to the venue maybe 2 blocks at most - GNR fans partying everywhere on the streets leading up to the venue - get in and the venue is rad - acoustics were killer -

1- AXL no mickey mouse at all he killed it - his voice never broke 1 time during the whole gig - he brought the goods - great stage presence - maybe the best I have heard him or up there with the best the whole tour - amazing - Axl Rose is back 

2-SLASH - ripped- every song all night - his tone was clear - we heard every note he played - DTTJ WAS MONSTEROUS- YCBM- BROWNSTONE- MY GOD COMA was blazing - another highlight during the wish u were here solo - Slash  played the 3 solo section with just his left hand and killed it - It is Slash' s show for sure - I can write a review of every song because he killed on all of them - he was really into the gig - nobody has SLASH'S SOUND right now  in the world - top notch ty ADAM DAY 

3 Overall and in every GNR tour the longer they play together  the more they get tighter as a unit and they cant get much tighter - WHOLE BAND IS ON FIRE 

One of the best concerts I have ever seen - period 

No.Axl isn't back.Whole tour his voice is strong.He is amazing whole tour..Since I saw them in Vienna I told:"Don'ty give a shit about youtube videos.Axl sound very stong and powerfull live".

• Like 2

2:20...Axl's "clean/Mickey" voice is strong AF (I prefer the rasp). I actually think what happened is they figured out how to get the best sound quality at these stadium shows. On the first leg it was hit or miss if you got good audio at the show but lately everyone attending seems to have been able to hear the band clearly