07/21/18 - Gothenburg, Sweden - Ullevi Stadium

downzy

10 hours ago, Carburetta said:

Saw all members returning to the hotel last night (all members sans Axl, Slash and Duff).

So actually you saw no one. :P How long after the show? Saw Frank stumbling through Gothenborg on the way to my hotel. Had to cross street to not be seen.

5 hours ago, money honey said:

Did anyone else notice that McBob’s intro to the band didn’t mention Gothenburg? And when Axl first sang “You know where you are? You’re in the jungle” he didn’t add on the city name, just the usual “baby”? (Though the second time, he did say the city name.) Gave me the impression they’d forgotten the city name for a bit!!

Isn't McBob's intro recorded on the opening video?

7 minutes ago, Derick said:

I don’t think so..Brian Diaz(former Stinson’s tech) is the current one.

I seem to remember seeing something posted by Duff's tech for this tour saying something along the lines of him being a fill-in for McBob. I could have remembered incorrectly, but I think McBob just couldn't make it on this leg of the tour for some reason. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Caedo said:

I seem to remember seeing something posted by Duff's tech for this tour saying something along the lines of him being a fill-in for McBob. I could have remembered incorrectly, but I think McBob just couldn't make it on this leg of the tour for some reason. 

Come to think of it, I remember something along those lines as well. Apologies for the previous post.

21 minutes ago, MattleyCrue said:

Weird question. Why do they always sound check the same songs? Typically it’s so easy, rocket queen, estranged, duffs solo spot, civil war and maybe a Chinese song. Why the same ones?!

My uneducated guess is that "sound check" is literally just that. They're doing it to check the sound so they roll through some easy songs and maybe throw in something they want a little extra practice on. 

9 hours ago, PatrickS77 said:

While its good to see Axl smile and look like he's at peace with his life. I can't help but look at this photo and think...wow...time is a real fucker on some of us as we age. Hard to believe looking at this photo and comparing it to how he looked in 93, that its the same person. Meanwhile, Slash pretty much looks exactly the same, lol. 

Just now, PatrickS77 said:

Well. Getting older is not a pretty business. I think this every day when I see people. It is what it is.

Ain't that the truth. I probably think about it more often than I should. Especially at my job where I work at a hospital rehab facility for elderly people. Most of the people I see are on their way out, living on borrowed time, need to be checked on every 15 minutes. Seeing some of them with a lost scared look in their eyes, some with Alzheimer's disease and dementia, hitting their panic alarm every so often because they wake up not knowing where they are and not knowing anybody around them. It sucks and pulls at your heart strings seeing people who were once young, full of life, had a childhood, teenage years, and families of their own before they ended up here. 

• Sad 1

12 hours ago, Martinski said:

Had a good time at the show, was better than i expected as well being my first show. Agree with some that some trimming could be used on the long solos and covers. But that is just some critique not so much complaints. 

At first it felt sureal to see Axl, Slash etc stand there right in front of me.

I know what you mean, felt like that as well when I first saw all bands I love - to somehow realize that they are real persons, not fantasized characters only rendered through eh prism of screens etc.

2 hours ago, WWEROSES said:

Ain't that the truth. I probably think about it more often than I should. Especially at my job where I work at a hospital rehab facility for elderly people. Most of the people I see are on their way out, living on borrowed time, need to be checked on every 15 minutes. Seeing some of them with a lost scared look in their eyes, some with Alzheimer's disease and dementia, hitting their panic alarm every so often because they wake up not knowing where they are and not knowing anybody around them. It sucks and pulls at your heart strings seeing people who were once young, full of life, had a childhood, teenage years, and families of their own before they ended up here. 

Thank you for what you do.

• Like 2