Going Down '02 Discussion ** NO LINKS **

2 minutes ago, axlsalinger said:

The opening guitar riff is different and louder, but maybe that was just Bumble playing over a weaker guitar track on the right channel?

I repeat: this is the version we all already had, someone just erased the left channel and converted the right to "mono". That's all my friends.

• Like 1

• downzy unpinned this topic
2 minutes ago, alfierose said:

Please only post in English. We ask this because it makes moderation of the threads difficult and it excludes other users from the conversation.

I'd also suggest editing the first post in this topic to make clear this is not a new thing, but a "fanmade" or "leakermade" edit of the 2013 leak. that one remains the only genuine version of Going Down to date.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, alfierose said:

Please only post in English. We ask this because it makes moderation of the threads difficult and it excludes other users from the conversation.

Whoever it was might have been using English originally. There’s been a glitch where quotes and some posts are appearing in Spanish or something. Happened to me when I was quoting a guy. His post went from English to Spanish and happened in a PM message I was doing. Also seen other instances 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, zombux said:

I'd also suggest editing the first post in this topic to make clear this is not a new thing, but a "fanmade" or "leakermade" edit of the 2013 leak. that one remains the only genuine version of Going Down to date.

Is there a consensus on this? It's far from my area of expertise so I wouldn't have a clue.

Just now, alfierose said:

Is there a consensus on this? It's far from my area of expertise so I wouldn't have a clue.

Yes I would say that poster is accurate, I took the original leak of Going Down and made the "song channel" mono, and it is identical to this. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Jw224 said:

So we are pretty certain there is nothing new in this leak? 

yes. but this particular one is extremely good for discovering all the sounds which were buried by BBF's guitar in the genuine version. that one is particularly heavily overlayed by BBF, almost to the point where you only can hear the guitar.

12 minutes ago, zombux said:

yes. but this particular one is extremely good for discovering all the sounds which were buried by BBF's guitar in the genuine version. that one is particularly heavily overlayed by BBF, almost to the point where you only can hear the guitar.

So if I'm understanding it just the other channel without the guitar in mono? If so I could probably do that myself. 

2 minutes ago, Jw224 said:

So if I'm understanding it just the other channel without the guitar in mono? If so I could probably do that myself. 

yup. or more specifically, the other channel is cloned to the other one, making it dual-mono track. there can be still heard BBF's guitar soloing very quietly at some points, that either means the "edit" is not perfect, or the original stereo tracks had its channels not perfectly divided, but the channels "blended together" a little bit.

Just now, gnfnrs1972 said:

The shacklers revenge, whether its fanmade or not, is the most interesting one out there to me.

Again (not to you, but everyone), please keep each of these threads on topic to the leak each one is intended to discuss. Thanks!

Just now, gnfnrs1972 said:

The shacklers revenge, whether its fanmade or not, is the most interesting one out there to me.

the remix? nah, it's officialy made by brain.
And since 64% of what we wanted is already on circulation amongst normal fans, it's the most interesting tune out there. 

44 minutes ago, TheGeneral said:

Have never heard Going Down.

Is it a song with Axl on lead vocals or just background?

Tommy on lead vocals with Axl on backing vocals, same idea as 14 Years to an extent. It originally leaked in 2013, this may be a new mix (Without BBF's guitar track) or just an altered version of the leak we already had - the jury is still out.

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Russel Nash said:

But what about Blood in the Water, that didin't come from the same batch of songs ? What got leaked was Brian Remix album then?

basically - yes. Brain remixes consisted of Better (Better Gone), Prostitute (Blood in the Water), This I Love, Shackler's Revenge and If The World - the last two in the list haven't leaked yet fully, only as short snippets back in 2013. 

according to Zildjian website, Brain did 6 remixes - so probably one more song is hidden - of course if the info is correct. https://web.archive.org/web/20110212190228/https://zildjian.com/Artists/B/Bryan-Brain-Mantia

additional remixes made by other people include Better (DJ Ashba) and Better (Bumblefoot - acoustic).

Edited by zombux