adamsapple

What is Axl up to these days?

9 hours ago, TheSeeker said:

If AC/DC reforms with Brian and Axl's second-job goes away, I wonder if he'll be tempted to reform NewGNR while Slash goes off to do his solo thing

Absolutely no way.

The reunion tour was as big as it was because Slash and Duff (but especially Slash) were back in the band. A Guns N' Roses lineup without those two guys (but especially Slash) will go nowhere fast. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Old_school_gnr_fan said:

Absolutely no way.

The reunion tour was as big as it was because Slash and Duff (but especially Slash) were back in the band. A Guns N' Roses lineup without those two guys (but especially Slash) will go nowhere fast. 

It would be nowhere near the same level of draw

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

For the record, we (the mods and Admins) don't really have a wish for Axl to return to the site.

Why is that?

• Like 1

For the record, we (the mods and Admins) don't really have a wish for Axl to return to the site. 

Having said that, the "poor attitudes" of this site are a reflection of how the fans feel they've been treated by GNR. 

The "narsissistic tone and infectious negativity" are more of an eye of the beholder situation. 

Isn't the "how the fans feel they've been treated by GNR" a sense of entitlement by those fans?? If you think or feel that you've been mistreated somehow  then why are you a fan? I'm not pointing it as you. I'm just saying in general.  If I felt that way, I wouldn't even bother being a fan. I would listen to something else or do another activity.

At some point, people need to take ownership of their thoughts and feelings.  GNR doesn't owe you anything as a fan and vice versa. 

GNR is a band that I have listened for 31 years now. I'll probably enjoy them for the rest of my life. I may not always agree with things, especially with the NU-GNR era, but I never felt owed.   Maybe some people need to think about this and just enjoy them. They won't be around forever. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Draguns said:

Isn't the "how the fans feel they've been treated by GNR" a sense of entitlement by those fans?? If you think or feel that you've been mistreated somehow  then why are you a fan? I'm not pointing it as you. I'm just saying in general.  If I felt that way, I wouldn't even bother being a fan. I would listen to something else or do another activity.

At some point, people need to take ownership of their thoughts and feelings.  GNR doesn't owe you anything as a fan and vice versa. 

GNR is a band that I have listened for 31 years now. I'll probably enjoy them for the rest of my life. I may not always agree with things, especially with the NU-GNR era, but I never felt owed.   Maybe some people need to think about this and just enjoy them. They won't be around forever. 

No one feels they're "owed" anything. Owing your fans and treating them with any level of decency are two totally different things. 

27 minutes ago, adamsapple said:

Why is that?

Because it ends up being a shit show. 

• Like 1

Just now, RussTCB said:

No one feels they're "owed" anything. Owing your fans and treating them with any level of decency are two totally different things. 

Ok. What exactly would you like done differently? 

Just now, Draguns said:

Ok. What exactly would you like done differently? 

Lol, seriously? 

Just about everything. I've made that clear several times on here, podcasts and just about everywhere I can speak up on the topic. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

No offense, but are you speaking for all the mods and @downzy with that statement? The last few times he came around the forum was hilarious and informative. If he wanted to return, you make it sound like the mods wouldn’t accommodate such a thing. Weird.

Edited by GNR 1991
  • Like 2

Just now, RussTCB said:

Lol, seriously? 

Just about everything. I've made that clear several times on here, podcasts and just about everywhere I can speak up on the topic. 

My apologies, but I didn't listen to the podcast. 

13 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Oh gawd, here we go again. ''Axl doesn't owe you anything'' - we understand by now!!! 

I don't think certain fans gets it. Sometimes the comments are really laughable. I'm also looking at the comments for the  fan forum regarding the NY Giants. The Giants lost their first preseason game. Some of the comments are so outrageous that it can be compared to some comments here.  

@RussTCB From what I understand you don't agree with how TB handles a lot of things (neither do I) and you'd like things done different - but on the other hand you wouldn't want Axl come here taking care of business and sorting things out himself? Correct me if I'm wrong but where is the logic in that?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, donny said:

could be having a few beers with tom jones like his last London trip. or a cup of tea with len cnut

Or Diesel Daisy...:lol:

2 minutes ago, Ratam said:

2 minutes ago, Ratam said:

only if mr daisy and mr cnut are asking uncle Ax to sign their newly purchased locked n loaded boxes...........which i'm sure they both have. 

1 minute ago, donny said:

only if mr daisy and mr cnut are asking uncle Ax to sign their newly purchased locked n loaded boxes...........which i'm sure they both have. 

Oh yes, how i forgot this...:lol:

I wonder if Rose has to continue touring in order to afford the Locked N' Loaded boxset?

27 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I wonder if Rose has to continue touring in order to afford the Locked N' Loaded boxset?

i think he might have it. scraping the money together to buy a B/W band photo for £240 may be a different matter though. if you are a true fan you would buy it for him. 

I'm a fan because i like the music...duh.

People are asking for some common courtesy instead of contempt. Stop treating the fans like the enemy. We just bank rolled them to the tune of 480m to see Axl's out of shape ass mickey his way through 30 year old songs. Don't have your "manager" go on twitter with his nose in the air talking about how laughable and clueless fans are....then want us to buy a $1000 boxset of bullshit.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Why not?

48 minutes ago, -W.A.R- said:

Stop treating the fans like the enemy. 

How is the band treating the fans as the enemy?

I don't obviously know what he is up to, but he should release an instrumental album under his own name. Like a soundtrack to a non-existing movie. Would buy.

• Like 1