RussTCB

New GN'R Release Coming In 2019? **RUMOR THREAD**

I think Guns would need to wait a few years before touring again. They could release either a double album or 2 albums and have a final goodbye tour.. hopefully with Izzy and Steven around 2020. I don't think Axl has the voice to be like Robert Plant or Rob Halford, or soem of these other guys who just keep performing and writing. Financially it would make the most sense,... Along with releasing UYI and Appetite tour tapes 😋😋

I think we might get the covers album and definitely get a LIVE album early 2019 which will be passable to mediocre due to being messed up somehow, weird performance choices etc. They'll tour from July onwards. 

If they do release the covers album my expectations of new material in 2019 will plummet. 

But currently I'm sure we're getting a new album.

Edited by Oldest Goat
  • GNFNR 1

My dream scenario is for Axl and Slash to get into a studio and write all new material and go around doing acoustic sets at small clubs similar to 2010. 

Record the process, release a new album, documentary, and live acoustic show. Then do a big stadium tour.

Really if they aren’t going to record new music I want them to do acoustic shows together. It would be good for Axl’s voice and switch things up a bit. Plus I’d pay more money to see them in that atmosphere 

Edited by IncitingChaos

2 hours ago, Powerage5 said:

The thing is, most bands don't necessarily need to count on a product giving them a tour. Most bands can go out there and do a tour, promoting absolutely nothing, and still sell well. Of course they need to change up the setlist from tour to tour. Guns can't do this because they don't have the material to really mix it up with the length shows they have, and they seem unwilling to dig deeper into their existing catalogue - it blows my mind that we really only got two "new" UYI songs on this tour. So for a band like them, unless they want to continually tour with diminishing returns, the only option is new music so they can play it live. 

Those bands that tour endlessly with nothing to promote are also playing amphitheater’s and small arenas on their tours (with the exception of the stones) gnr doesnt want to do that they want another stadium run

3 hours ago, UsedYourIllusion said:

I don't think Axl has the voice to be like Robert Plant or Rob Halford, or soem of these other guys who just keep performing and writing. 

The thing with those 2 in particular is that they're realistic with what they're able to do now. Page does stuff that suits his range and although there's not the same amount of mad screams as the old days, Rob sounds fantastic on the last Priest record.

On 12/8/2018 at 2:23 AM, vloors said:

Im sure slash would be down for a joint SMKC and GNR show. If they were to do a double. He just needs more coffee between bands.

I would be super into that.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Azifwekare said:

I've figured it out. It's obvious.

A live covers album. All the fan favourites including 'Black Hole Sun', 'Wichita Lineman', and of course essential setlist staple 'The Seeker'. But wait, there's more! Buy the $250 super deluxe edition and be one of the lucky few who care enough to own the previously unreleased Slash and Richard Fortus guitar duet 'Wish You Were Here / Layla'. Go big and grab the $1000 box set including every recording of 'The Seeker'!

Bada boom, shittiest idea in the room.

Maximum effort.

is Sailing included? :-) If yes, take my money

On ‎12‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 6:53 PM, ironmt said:

Who cares about a new album. They haven't released one since 1991 anyway. Their catalog is fine just the way it is, all they need to do is introduce more Illusion cuts into the set list and hit the road again after a 6 month break. 

I totally agree with you.

I can't imagine any new songs being as amazing as the stuff GNR already has.

I would love to hear more UYI songs too. Just stay together, take breaks and continue touring. Do another huge US tour too.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Gimpy Hewitt said:
THE BIG JANUARY ANNOUNCEMENT CAME EARLY

I really hope that isn't it :facepalm:

On a related note: I found the new AC/DC calendar recently and was looking at the pictures used in it and thought... Where's Axl?

Edited by Azifwekare

I see they've left out anyone but the big three on the calendar this year.

I don't get the retirement posts. They are not that old. If the motivation is there, they could easily do 2 more albums and tour cycles. 8 years. And only Axl would be hitting retirement age by then. 

27 minutes ago, Lio said:

I see they've left out anyone but the big three on the calendar this year.

Yeah - quite surprised actually. Some may say no-one cares for the other folk but they ARE part of the band.

42 minutes ago, Gimpy Hewitt said:

THE BIG JANUARY ANNOUNCEMENT CAME EARLY

So if i buy this today, i can expect to have it shipped by the end of july next year??:lol:

• Haha 4

They hide the others like they are a dirty secret. If they were going to forge ahead with everyone for writing and new material, great. Since they are not, and just going the nostalgia route, it was even more dumb not to have Izzy and Steven

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

They hide the others like they are a dirty secret. If they were going to forge ahead with everyone for writing and new material, great. Since they are not, and just going the nostalgia route, it was even more dumb not to have Izzy and Steven

I know that Richard and Frank are making good money and playing to massive crowds but I wonder if they will regret what they've done with their talent in the future.

They've created very little over long careers. Played other peoples songs a lot. Written and released bugger all.

Almost feels like they've given their best years to Axl and in the end will have very little to show for it - other that a shit load of money!

1 minute ago, DK6 said:

I know that Richard and Frank are making good money and playing to massive crowds but I wonder if they will regret what they've done with their talent in the future.

They've created very little over long careers. Played other peoples songs a lot. Written and released bugger all.

Almost feels like they've given their best years to Axl and in the end will have very little to show for it - other that a shit load of money!

That's enough for a lot of people though - to make a decent living out of music. The rock industry isn't what it was if you weren't already a big name pre 2000ish It's also a gamble to turn down a steady income to focus on your own material that may never get far.

• Like 4