Jump to content
RussTCB

New GN'R Release Coming In 2019? **RUMOR THREAD**

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, Edward Nygma said:

So its only like 6-7 weeks since the last show but do you guys think Guns will head out on tour in the summer or will Guns not resurface on tour until they release a record?

Eh... Who knows it could go any way! 

You're basically asking us to predict the way the wind is going to blow next week.

Gnr can and will do whatever they like, what we think/hope they do is really of no consequence to them. They care not!

Anyway, 99.9% of the people on here say 'no more touring 'til a new record is ready and in the hands if the label for imminent release'... Unfortunately well over half would do cart wheels if GNR announced the next leg of NITL... Which is a big reason why GNR have toured and toured, and toured for 10 years without having to release a new album.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

Eh... Who knows it could go any way! 

You're basically asking us to predict the way the wind is going to blow next week.

Gnr can and will do whatever they like, what we think/hope they do is really of no consequence to them. They care not!

Anyway, 99.9% of the people on here say 'no more touring 'til a new record is ready and in the hands if the label for imminent release'... Unfortunately well over half would do cart wheels if GNR announced the next leg of NITL... Which is a big reason why GNR have toured and toured, and toured for 10 years without having to release a new album.

Boy have I got news for you - They can predict the way the wind blows next week!!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, DK6 said:

Boy have I got news for you - They can predict the way the wind blows next week!!

Yep, you got me...

But no... Someone who's trained can work out weather patterns etc, you or I depend on getting information from somewhere... So "they" can, but I'm guessing you're not out there with your finger in the air, estimating what part of the garden to put your washing line up to dry that Ashba swag duvet. 

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, El Guapo said:

Please, no more touring without new music...

Why does that matter to you? You don't have to go see them. It'd be better to tour w/o new music than to do nothing at all.

Touring isn't preventing them from creating new music. If they want to, they will. If they don't they won't.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

only way they can tour again without new music and maintain any ounce of integrity is if izzy and steve are there... and even at that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, thunderram said:

Why does that matter to you? You don't have to go see them. It'd be better to tour w/o new music than to do nothing at all.

Touring isn't preventing them from creating new music. If they want to, they will. If they don't they won't.

It matters to a lot of fans (myself included) because the continued touring without new material to support it further cements them closer to a legacy act and further away from relevancy. Many would argue this has already happened a long time ago.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, thunderram said:

Why does that matter to you? You don't have to go see them. It'd be better to tour w/o new music than to do nothing at all.

Touring isn't preventing them from creating new music. If they want to, they will. If they don't they won't.

That is how I feel.. They could have recorded and written plenty of music during their 2 1/2 year tour of they wanted to. Maybe they did.. Who knows? Plus there are still plenty of songs from the classic era that they could play to mix it up and keep it fresh.. If they wanted to that is....

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Hollywood Gunner said:

only way they can tour again without new music and maintain any ounce of integrity is if izzy and steve are there... and even at that

While I would love Steven and Izzy back more than anything, they could still successfully tour.. Maybe not Stadiums but they could certainly play sold out Arena's. Multiple nights in some markets.. Especially if they lowered their ticket prices a bit. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Too lazy to see if this was already posted, but how crazy would it be if:

AC/DC records an album with Brian, Cliff, and maybe Phil, but tours with Axl, Chris, and [bassist?]

Then GNR records an album with guest spots by Izzy (backup vocals) and maybe a Steven track, but we never see those two on the road?

 

Unlikely, and yet... not out of the realm of possibilities with these bands.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, G-Money said:

Too lazy to see if this was already posted, but how crazy would it be if:

AC/DC records an album with Brian, Cliff, and maybe Phil, but tours with Axl, Chris, and [bassist?]

Then GNR records an album with guest spots by Izzy (backup vocals) and maybe a Steven track, but we never see those two on the road?

 

Unlikely, and yet... not out of the realm of possibilities with these bands.

Did you take a bong hit before you came up with that scenario? ;) Not that it couldn't happen.. Just outside the box lol

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/28/2019 at 10:14 AM, El Guapo said:

Please, no more touring without new music...

I will not buy another ticket without a new album or music. I am pretty much done with this shit.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Gimpy Hewitt said:

Some January announcement we had guys..... so happy to have our “insiders” here with us

We have 2 more days left

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Gimpy Hewitt said:

Some January announcement we had guys..... so happy to have our “insiders” here with us

January was Rock the Rock looney tunes collab. I hope you enjoyed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, The Dissident said:

We have 2 more days left

thats not filling me with confidence 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Gimpy Hewitt said:

Some January announcement we had guys..... so happy to have our “insiders” here with us

I still haven't found that post regarding the January rumor. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

holy shit how did this thread get from rumour to touring vs album back to looney toons 

i feel like i just went on a rollercoaster 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You guys are funny!

  • GNR toured 1991 without a new record.
  • They toured 1993 without a new record.
  • They toured 2001/2002 without a new record.
  • They toured 2006 without a new record.
  • They toured 2014 without a new record.
  • They toured 2016/2017/2018 without a new record.
  • Do you guys really think they need a new record to tour and to pack stadiums?
  • They could do New GNR reunion tour (with Fink, Bucket, Frees).
  • They could do an Acoustic tour.
  • They could do a Cover tour.
  • They could do a joint tour with another major band like Metallica in the 90's.
  • They could come up with a festival type like Ozzfest.

Let's keep going on with our lives, because if it happens, it happened, if not: oh well.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Legendador said:

You guys are funny!

  • GNR toured 1991 without a new record. Played new material and released UYI I & II in 1991
  • They toured 1993 without a new record. 2 years after releasing a double album + new arrangements + released TSI
  • They toured 2001/2002 without a new record. Whole new band + played new songs from ChiDem
  • They toured 2006 without a new record. Played more songs from ChiDem + new guitarist + buildup to release of CD
  • They toured 2014 without a new record. The last of the CD-era tours + finally played some rarities
  • They toured 2016/2017/2018 without a new record. With Slash and Duff... need I say more...
1

So yes, if they want to keep filling stadiums they need to do something.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, MrSoftie said:

So yes, if they want to keep filling stadiums they need to do something.

They don't, they won't, they never had!

That's our band.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really was hoping that the return of Slash would change a few things. I thought Slash wouldn't stay very long in Guns without new music getting done. Although it's definately way too early to lose hope, I'm not so sure about that now.
Maybe he's happy with the Conspirators thing regarding new music. Imagine that: More albums with Myles, nothing new from GNR, ever! :nervous::violin:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

Maybe he's happy with the Conspirators thing regarding new music. Imagine that: More albums with Myles, nothing new from GNR, ever! :nervous::violin:

That's one of my fears. Maybe the same applies to Duff.

However, on a positive side, the solo releases might be a strategy from the guys to give the Redhead a subtle sign or wathever. Guys, I've got to say, this band is a pain in the neck. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×