New GN'R Release Coming In 2019? **RUMOR THREAD**

You guys are funny!

• GNR toured 1991 without a new record.
  • They toured 1993 without a new record.
  • They toured 2001/2002 without a new record.
  • They toured 2006 without a new record.
  • They toured 2014 without a new record.
  • They toured 2016/2017/2018 without a new record.
  • Do you guys really think they need a new record to tour and to pack stadiums?
  • They could do New GNR reunion tour (with Fink, Bucket, Frees).
  • They could do an Acoustic tour.
  • They could do a Cover tour.
  • They could do a joint tour with another major band like Metallica in the 90's.
  • They could come up with a festival type like Ozzfest.

Let's keep going on with our lives, because if it happens, it happened, if not: oh well.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Legendador said:

You guys are funny!

• GNR toured 1991 without a new record. Played new material and released UYI I & II in 1991
  • They toured 1993 without a new record. 2 years after releasing a double album + new arrangements + released TSI
  • They toured 2001/2002 without a new record. Whole new band + played new songs from ChiDem
  • They toured 2006 without a new record. Played more songs from ChiDem + new guitarist + buildup to release of CD
  • They toured 2014 without a new record. The last of the CD-era tours + finally played some rarities
  • They toured 2016/2017/2018 without a new record. With Slash and Duff... need I say more...

So yes, if they want to keep filling stadiums they need to do something.

• Like 1

I really was hoping that the return of Slash would change a few things. I thought Slash wouldn't stay very long in Guns without new music getting done. Although it's definately way too early to lose hope, I'm not so sure about that now.
Maybe he's happy with the Conspirators thing regarding new music. Imagine that: More albums with Myles, nothing new from GNR, ever! :nervous::violin:

28 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

Maybe he's happy with the Conspirators thing regarding new music. Imagine that: More albums with Myles, nothing new from GNR, ever! :nervous::violin:

That's one of my fears. Maybe the same applies to Duff.

However, on a positive side, the solo releases might be a strategy from the guys to give the Redhead a subtle sign or wathever. Guys, I've got to say, this band is a pain in the neck. 

3 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

That would be a great opportunity to have Gilby, Matt, Steven, etc make guest appearances and perform with their own bands.

Very true, although I don't see Matt making any appearances whatsoever with this lineup. Same with Izzy unfortunately...

Edited by Gordon Comstock

1 hour ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Very true, although I don't see Matt making any appearances whatsoever with this lineup. Same with Izzy unfortunately...

I feel the same way unfortunately. Although the more I think about it, I think it'd be pretty cool to at least have gilby back. I'm okay with him, Fortus and Slash all playing together. That'd be cool with me, not as cool as Gilby with Izzy or just Izzy period haha. I would absolutely love Matt back though. I think he'd go really well with Fortus. They have a good mix of blues and metal, I think that'd be better than Frank. Frank isn't bad, just doesn't seem to play nice with Slash and Duff for some reason. 

1 hour ago, UsedYourIllusion said:

I feel the same way unfortunately. Although the more I think about it, I think it'd be pretty cool to at least have gilby back. I'm okay with him, Fortus and Slash all playing together. That'd be cool with me, not as cool as Gilby with Izzy or just Izzy period haha. I would absolutely love Matt back though. I think he'd go really well with Fortus. They have a good mix of blues and metal, I think that'd be better than Frank. Frank isn't bad, just doesn't seem to play nice with Slash and Duff for some reason. 

The way this band does things, if they brought Gilby in for a guest spot it'd probably be KOHD and maybe one of Duff's TSI? songs. :lol:

But I agree, it'd be interesting to hear him with Richard and Slash. I always liked the '3 guitarists thing' in the CD era. Matt would also be cool to hear (if I could pick one song, please let him play Estranged properly). But the thing with Frank is that he's gotten worse since Slash and Duff came back and it seems to be, at least partially, their fault. The tempos and feel were better in 2009-10, even if his drumming style wasn't perfect, it was noticeably better than 2016-18. IMO he sounds more like a metal drummer than he used to and GNR don't need a metal drummer.

Edited by Gordon Comstock
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

Teach me your ways of optimism, master.

I figure there is no point in getting my hopes up completely but anything can happen. But having low expectations means everything can be good and solid. It is why I had very few issues with GNR when i saw them on their last tour, the only truely weak song I heard was TIL the second time I saw them everything else was great for Axl being in his 50's

57 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

The way this band does things, if they brought Gilby in for a guest spot it'd probably be KOHD and maybe one of Duff's TSI? songs. :lol:

But I agree, it'd be interesting to hear him with Richard and Slash. I always liked the '3 guitarists thing' in the CD era. Matt would also be cool to hear (if I could pick one song, please let him play Estranged properly). But the thing with Frank is that he's gotten worse since Slash and Duff came back and it seems to be, at least partially, their fault. The tempos and feel were better in 2009-10, even if his drumming style wasn't perfect, it was noticeably better than 2016-18. IMO he sounds more like a metal drummer than he used to and GNR don't need a metal drummer.

Nah Gilby would come out for Wild Horses or another Rolling Stones cover and that's it haha

27 minutes ago, UsedYourIllusion said:

Nah Gilby would come out for Wild Horses or another Rolling Stones cover and that's it haha

I selfishly don't want them to play Dead Flowers again because I was at the last show where they played it in 2012 with Izzy... maybe they could bring Gilby out to play rhythm on Wish You Were Here? :lol: