Axl Rose on Looney Tunes episode w/new song

5 minutes ago, itsprettytiedup said:

Actually, Porky Pig is doing that famous Angus move when he plays the guitar on 02:08 mark so....

He's also wearing a blue suit jacket and tie, which looks similar to Angus'. This, and the simple structure of the song, leans in favour of AC/DC. But this is too unexpected not to be an Axl/GNR thing, lol.

Edited by Live Like a Suicide

7 minutes ago, ApacheChief42 said:

I feel like he just showed up to the studio and sang what the producers gave him while session players did the instrumentation.

My original opinion was that Axl probably wrote the song as a simple ditty for Looney Tunes, but this is probably more likely. The song directly relates to the narrative, and it would be easier to have a studio band write the entire song, lyrics and all, and have Axl guest on it. We do know Axl likes Looney Tunes (at the very least, entertaining their theme for the NITL tour), and this seems like an Axl thing to do (rather than a Guns or Ac/DC thing).

Edited by Live Like a Suicide
  • Like 2

Just now, SeBaZ said:

maybe the last rumours of Axl/DC at studio have something to do with this

Yeah, maybe. 

There are three scenarios I can think of:

- Axl Rose with various studio musicians 

- Axl Rose with GN'R

- Axl Rose with AC/DC

Its Axl. Talking voice is him and the singing voice sounds like "older full rasp". Vocally, he sounds great

"Rock the Rock" is the most AC/DC title ever, it has to be AC/DC. 

Who is he going to get got a AC/DC sound a like wannabe song? Fernando and Venessa? 

Also, what the fuck is happening

10 minutes ago, ApacheChief42 said:

I feel like he just showed up to the studio and sang what the producers gave him while session players did the instrumentation.

Yeah I guess this is also possible and acceptable. The songs shit but he sounds really good .

Who knows? So strange. Shows he can 100% deliver in the studio, though

I highly doubt anything like this would make any official GnR release but either way it's still cool to hear new Axl vocals. I think more surprising is that this aired at midnight and is just now being spread online. Usually Axl could fart and it would be instant news on the boards.

Edited by Subtle Signs
  • Like 1