Axl Rose on Looney Tunes episode w/new song

Just now, AxlRoseCDII said:

I wouldn’t look too much into it. I think all there is to it is a simple rock song meant for a gag for the show. I doubt there’s a full version or this hints to anything soon. 

I agree that it is self-contained to the show. Regarding hints, i think it shows that Axl has enough free time and energy to, at least, get in the studio and do something quick and easy.

this is the best KNOWN music axl rose has done in a recording studio since the "sympathy for the devil" sessions

he may have done better stuff than this but he surely did NOT release it

not saying that this generic-three-chord-song made for a cartoon (and very likely performed by boring session musicians) is anywhere close to my cup of tea

nor that i will listen to this a lot

but this recording has two great qualities

the first important quality is that axl is singing with his "regular" voice instead of the abomination known as "mickey" that he chose to use on his solo album

the second and most important quality of this recording is that this is very likely (or at least sounds like) a one-off let-me-have-some-fun-here-instead-of-taking-myself-so-seriously-like-I-do-when-I-spend-180-years-to-make-an-album

it actually sounds like axl is enjoying himself singing the song, which is half the job if you are a rock singer

and which is something that he failed miserably in his look-how-much-tortured-and-miserable-i-am solo album

enjoying oneself while singing is sort of the basic reason why anyone becomes a rock singer in the first place, isn't it?

congrats to axl

hopefully he will be smart enough to notice that, even at FIFTY FUCKING SIX YEARS OLD, he still has time and gas left to use the very same "rock the rock" approach to have fun and enjoy himself writing, recording and releasing rock music with izzy, slash, steven and duff

with his regular voice

come on axl

the ball is on your court for nearly thirty years now

make the call

get in a fucking studio with guns n roses

write some songs

try and have some fun doing it

write lyrics about anything you want

trump, china, bugs bunny...

whatever rocks your world

just let it out

you are the best at it

and the other four guys are just as good as you

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, donny said:

i posted something 30hrs ago about waiting for this xmas leak. there is deffo more to it than bullshit and coincidence. 

Well, in that case.... where is the leak you are talking about?  I think once you think about that for a second you will realize this isn't a leak...  No one predicted this, not one person

4 minutes ago, donny said:

i posted something 30hrs ago about waiting for this xmas leak. there is deffo more to it than bullshit and coincidence. 

This is not a leak though. It's a guest appearance by Axl on a show that was aired recently. The Christmas leak was a bullshit lead-on by a guy who didn't deliver anything other than an initial 2009 rehearsal, and yet still claims this as his surprise. He never mentioned anything about a show previously, and actually told people his Christmas surprise wasn't coming about a week ago.

Edited by Live Like a Suicide
  • Like 1