ASLayerAODsk

Copyright Strikes....

7 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Because we are fond of live videos of the band and want to establish a functional relationship with the band. 

Hence why people have already tried, but TB have made it very clear time and time again that they couldn't give a shit, and almost seem to take a perverse joy in the fanbase's misfortunes.

• GNFNR 1

2 minutes ago, Azifwekare said:

Hence why people have already tried, but TB have made it very clear time and time again that they couldn't give a shit, and almost seem to take a perverse joy in the fanbase's misfortunes.

As I have said quite a few times, I don't think all hope is lost. And I am genetically wired against quitting. But I am not criticising those who have given up, I am just trying to rally people for another effort. We all want the same here. 

• Haha 1

I just found out that I have one Copyright Strike in my channel over a reworked/remixed version of The Blues I posted several years ago. 

I had to pass through a fucking piracy/copyright test with an annoying Happy Tree friends video just to be able to upload another video. I hate this drama so much.

22 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

As I have said quite a few times, I don't think all hope is lost. And I am genetically wired against quitting. But I am not criticising those who have given up, I am just trying to rally people for another effort. We all want the same here. 

Church! "It's always too soon to quit" - Norman Vincent Peale

36 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

You're a real masochist aren't you? :lol:

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Azifwekare said:

You're a real masochist aren't you? :lol:

I like SoulMonster's attitude here, but I think he's maybe underestimating how little TB cares about hardcore fans. They're not gonna budge, they're not going to listen, and they have proved their policy is to reward those who conform to their backward methods of managing Axl/Gn'R and their only concern is Axl's interests and the Gn'R brand. That's it.

I really hope I'm wrong on this but there were too many cases where they've shown their true colors.

If anything Beta and Fernando should release a public apology for the way they've conducted themselves with the fans.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 4

On 15. 11. 2019. at 3:04 AM, axlvai said:

Time to hear some bootlegs from 1991 man. U need that. Forgive this shit. 

have entire collection 1986 - 1993 ;) Being a fan 25 - 30 years makes you know even the rants between the songs per show by heart ;)   Dead Horse intro from Rio?  Nothing, NOTHING will ever be like that :)

In general, Only Women Bleed from UYI era, It's alright as intro to November rain, Mother as intro to Paradise city...'With your ass in the air' YCBM...such great times!   Add occasional  Garden of eden, Breakdown, Locomotive, KOHD and LALD, Attitude (as only covers)

• Like 1

19 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

If the forum has tried, then I agree with everyone else, it is probably a waste of time.

I still see management as a bigger thing than the issues of individuals on a forum, (and I do not know much about YouTube), but as with the Irish fan, there seems to be a genuine, and passionate, response to something happening with GN'R, and it would be nice for them (TB), at some point, to address it.

I think talk of rallying people, and public apologies is a bit drama, but it'd be good for the situation to be resolved. An appropriate response, I think that's the wording

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Mysteron said:

If the forum has tried, then I agree with everyone else, it is probably a waste of time.

There has been sporadic attempts at communicating with them since they took over the management, rarely with much success. Mostly because they are not interested in communicating directly with this part of the fan base. Communication simply isn't there strong suit. What they should do is hire a public relations person, a Bryn Bridenthal for this millennium. 

So developing a working relationship with them will not happen over night. But with the prospect of them managing GN'R for the next decade, and fandom being a long-lasting thing, I simply see no reason to not make an effort if there is a possibility of success - the rewards are too great. But this is of course something everybody must decide for themselves. I just wanted to say that not everybody has given up. Even knowing there is a great chance of it not working. But what's the fun in trying something that is easy?

Edited by SoulMonster

10 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

There has been sporadic attempts at communicating with them since they took over the management, rarely with much success. Mostly because they are not interested in communicating directly with this part of the fan base. Communication simply isn't there strong suit. What they should do is hire a public relations person, a Bryn Bridenthal for this millennium. 

So developing a working relationship with them will not happen over night. But with the prospect of them managing GN'R for the next decade, and fandom being a long-lasting thing, I simply see no reason to not make an effort if there is a possibility of success - the rewards are too great. But this is of course something everybody must decide for themselves. I just wanted to say that not everybody has given up. Even knowing there is a great chance of it not working. But what's the fun in trying something that is easy?

Ok, honest opinion.

I think the fan forums of yesterday are being laid to waste and are now places where people are free to do and say whatever, but are ignored by the band, except when something bad happens.

I'm guessing, but I think the official fan forum (and social media) is now probably the place to address things with the band, although people say no one uses it. Never been there, so I don't know.

So, as a suggestion, if they are going down that path maybe that is an area TB could improve. 

I have no idea, but it's a suggestion

1 minute ago, Mysteron said:

Ok, honest opinion.

I think the fan forums of yesterday are being laid to waste and are now places where people are free to do and say whatever, but are ignored by the band, except when something bad happens.

I'm guessing, but I think the official fan forum (and social media) is now probably the place to address things with the band, although people say no one uses it. Never been there, so I don't know.

So, as a suggestion, if they are going down that path maybe that is an area TB could improve. 

I have no idea, but it's a suggestion

Yeah, I agree, and I haven't really talked about this forum but that I think we as hardcore fans, regardless of where we are (official forum, and unofficial forum, Facebook, other social platform, or real life when we meet them), shouldn't give up on communication just yet. 

And you are right, and I have stated this too, if you come from any of the forums you are likely to start off with a heavy handicap in any talks with them. Or just as a self-proclaimed hardcore fan. They are wary of hardcore fans. And to some extent they should be - it's full of nutters and unsavoury specimens! That being said, apparently they have no qualms about striking up friendships with the weirdest of the fans. Really odd. 

In the end I can't help concluding that our interests and the interests of TB overlap to a large degree (we both want GN'R to be successful), and thus what is causing the conflict is a breakdown of communication due to years of sedimenter distrust and misunderstandings and not contrary goals. And people being assholes. Surely this can be solved? Not necessarily in a day or two, and not necessarily without unfair compromises, but through a long-time diligent effort. Maybe they will grow more into their roles over time? I am not thinking of an organised effort or anything too idealistic and naive, just that we think about it one more time before giving up. I can't see we have anything to lose from it, but quite a lot to potentially gain. 

TB might think that true fans will join up to the fan club and be fans, and engage the forum. It's a small number on here compared to the few million who went to the concerts, it maybe acts as a filter.

I saw the DJ Ashba story and thought that set a tone to some degree as to a possible opinion towards the old forums.

I don't know, but centralising the long term fanbase seems a thing that they might do or consider now the band have reformed and consider themselves bigger and better than the pre CD years

1 hour ago, SoulMonster said:

if TB is not interested in communicating with this part of the fanbase (your claim), then ignoring this and trying to communicate anyway, is bordering on stalking a bit.

I'm not sure what you're trying to do here. By your own acount, they are not interested in communicating. You think you are able to change their attitude?

The reasoning of a stalker.

"She's not interested in me, but if I keep calling here, she'll love me eventually"

.... ehhhh no. you'll just make a fool of yourself

Edited by action

15 minutes ago, action said:

if TB is not interested in communicating with this part of the fanbase (your claim), then ignoring this and trying to communicate anyway, is bordering on stalking a bit.

I'm not sure what you're trying to do here. By your own acount, they are not interested in communicating. You think you are able to change their attitude?

The reasoning of a stalker.

"She's not interested in me, but if I keep calling here, she'll love me eventually"

.... ehhhh no. you'll just make a fool of yourself

Soulmonster was just saying if a group of people got together and talked to TB, something might happen. Other's have said, it doesn't work.

You accuse Soul of being a stalker.

These posts do not help, it is random and dramatic

18 minutes ago, Mysteron said:

Soulmonster was just saying if a group of people got together and talked to TB, something might happen. 

And not necessarily over night. Maybe after years where we (anyone with the opportunity) continue to try to talk sense to them. 

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Rovim said:

What is the incentive for TB though? the band is already successful, and while more success is always desirable, we, the hardcore fans, seems to be merely a nuisance to contain. Why should they change their approach if it's working for them just fine through minimizing risk? I'm not against trying to build a relationship with management, I just think it's possible they may think it's not even worth the hassle.

The way Beta treated Margot was very telling. Or how she reacted to Duff's wife Susan taking a picture with Steph. (you are either with us, or against us) Fernando also chooses to deal with jaded fans by defending the camp's way of doing things at all costs. There is no accountability. Unfortunately, these are the people we'll have to deal with if we want basic shit that almost every fan of every band gets and their not exactly eager to please the hardcore fans. Surely there must be a certain level of giving a fuck in order for them to even take us seriously. And it's not just Beta and Fernando. Del seems to have the same outlook on it while also being a hypocrite, while Axl, Duff, and Slash don't get involved too much, if at all. At least as far as we know. 

Yeah, it seems to me that whoever says or does anything that might be perceived as complaints, criticism etc, is persona non grata. In my opinion, it's impossible to have any relationship with them unless you have not even the smallest point of criticism. They cannot handle any criticism. People talk about the official forum and imo it's just the same. The concept of positive criticism or even feedback seems alien to them. They don't want to hear any feedback except: 'Everything is awesome!!' Just saying you don't agree with something makes you a hater. If anyone has the energy to try to deal with that kind of people, great. But I'm far too old to try and deal with that bullshit. They hate us? So be it. I'll enjoy my shows and hopefully some music at some point, but that's it. I'm not expecting anything anymore. That being said, I've never attempted any direct communication with any of them (except Fernando on the official forum, and he replied. Yay!), so to say I'm giving up would be too dramatic. As always in the GNR world, foe me it's a case of: never expect, always hope.

20 minutes ago, Rovim said:

What is the incentive for TB though? the band is already successful, and while more success is always desirable, we, the hardcore fans, seems to be merely a nuisance to contain. Why should they change their approach if it's working for them just fine through minimizing risk? 

Because an Internet with live videos will lead to more fans, larger concert audiences, sustain the fanbase through dry spells, and through all of this lead to higher revenues. 

On a larger level, having a content fan core helps recruit new fans, creates buzz (because we promote the band for free), and can avoid unpleasant conflicts reaching the press which is bad for the brand. 

Probable more that I cant think of right now. 

6 minutes ago, Lio said:

Yeah, it seems to me that whoever says or does anything that might be perceived as complaints, criticism etc, is persona non grata. In my opinion, it's impossible to have any relationship with them unless you have not even the smallest point of criticism. They cannot handle any criticism. People talk about the official forum and imo it's just the same. The concept of positive criticism or even feedback seems alien to them. They don't want to hear any feedback except: 'Everything is awesome!!' Just saying you don't agree with something makes you a hater. 

With all due respect, this is not my experience and I believe it is a myth that is formented among hard core fans with grudges. Don't get me wrong, their attitude and communication leaves a lot to be desired, but it is not as hopeless as this. 

7 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Because an Internet with live videos will lead to more fans, larger concert audiences, sustain the fanbase through dry spells, and through all of this lead to higher revenues. 

On a larger level, having a content fan core helps recruit new fans, creates buzz (because we promote the band for free), and can avoid unpleasant conflicts reaching the press which is bad for the brand. 

Probable more that I cant think of right now. 

But based on their actions and some of what TB have said, do they view live videos on the internet as a positive thing? I mean, I do, and many others as well, but some artists don't.

Sometimes others can't see the logic or don't care if there is a better way or they have a different set of priorities. For example: they would rather not communicate with hardcore fans in order to make sure Axl is the safest he can possibly be cause in the past it backfired on them.

What you see as potentially positive change that could lead to the growth of the brand could be seen by them as too risky and therefore, not worth it.

Edited by Rovim

6 minutes ago, Rovim said:

But based on their actions and some of what TB have said, do they view live videos on the internet as a positive thing? 

I have already talked about their views on live videos and although I don't mind repeating myself, a moderator has asked me to stop, so although I like to think a dissenting voice when respectful should be welcomed, I will do so out of respect to this forum. Just read my previous posts where I have talked about this.