SEBASTIAN BACH Says He Is 'One Of The Last' Musicians Who Are Still Not Using Pre-Recorded Tracks At Live Shows

Original

2 minutes ago, Original said:

Love it.  “We” can all rip on Axl for his 57 year old voice but he’s the real deal.  Totally agree with Baz.  #Respect    http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/sebastian-bach-says-he-is-one-of-the-last-musicians-who-are-still-not-using-pre-recorded-tracks-at-live-shows/

He's been saying that for 25 years, we get it.

5 hours ago, Nintari said:

I could be wrong (and probably am) but I seem to remember thinking that Axl was using backing tracks in the Vegas residency debacle back in the day.

Maybe i'm wrong, but i only remember axl using backing tracks in songs that had a double (or triple) vocal tracks like Shackler's. I think during the verses he sang the lower register part while the higher part was going on pre-recorded. That was the 2010 tour.

Edited by Twinaleblood
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Twinaleblood said:

Maybe i'm wrong, but i only remember axl using backing tracks in songs that had a double (or triple) vocal tracks like Shackler's. I think during the verses he sang the lower register part while the higher part was going on pre-recorded. That was the 2010 tour.

I coulda sworn the AFDem dvd (recorded in 2012) also has shitty backing tracks, but maybe those were added after? Idk.

5 hours ago, Twinaleblood said:

Sorry in 2010 definitely had prerecorded vocals in the chorous

7 hours ago, Twinaleblood said:

Ron did the high vocals during the verse but I think there was a backing track in the chorus of Shackler's?

21 hours ago, Pskihq92 said:

Sorry in 2010 definitely had prerecorded vocals in the chorous

During NITL as well.. Was quite obvious, Mickey Mouse for the first line, then the prerecorded echo with rasp 

Edited by SAU3R

Graham Bonnet who sang with Rainbow for a year (he's vocalist on Since You Been Gone) is 72. I listened to him do Night Games and thought he was incredible. No chance could someone sing like that at his age. Then I listened to his re-recorded album of all his hits. Sounded like the exact same vocal, at least on the chorus. There was a bit of the video that you can see he fluffs his lines.

3:17

Literally 95% of bands don't use backing tracks :lol: And when they do it's because there're 10 layers of vocals. There're only several bands that use it as cheating and they're usually trashed for that like Kiss or Shinedown 

Edited by Nicklord

On 14/07/2019 at 4:03 AM, Twinaleblood said:

One of the South America shows in 2010 when he stopped the sing during Chinese from having a bottle thrown at him. Music stopped but he had backing vocals clearly playing for a second or 2 afterwards. Which is totally fine IMO. 

I like Bach as a singer and dig both his solo stuff and his albums with SR, but I get the impression he’s a bit of a cunt in real life. Just observing the way he interacts with his fans on Twitter, he really comes off like he has a chip on his shoulder.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 21/07/2019 at 8:23 PM, Towelie said:

I like Bach as a singer and dig both his solo stuff and his albums with SR, but I get the impression he’s a bit of a cunt in real life. Just observing the way he interacts with his fans on Twitter, he really comes off like he has a chip on his shoulder.

He comes off like a fuckin' pranny full stop, as do 99% of 80s rock stars of his particular ouevre.  Lets face it, most rock stars do.  I'm running down the list of my favourites in my mind right now, I can't imagine many of em were much cop in the caff at 9am over a cup of tea and a bacon roll after a night on the razz.  What, Lennon, Mr 'acerbic wit', you'd just end up thumping him eh?  Or Johnny Thunders the skaghead, Mick Jagger the primadonna, Jimi Hendrix seems like he might be an alright lad, Bob 'can't give a straight answer' Dylan, Morrisey the miserable twat, the list goes on in the same vein. 

1 hour ago, Len Cnut said:

He comes off like a fuckin' pranny full stop, as do 99% of 80s rock stars of his particular ouevre.  Lets face it, most rock stars do.  I'm running down the list of my favourites in my mind right now, I can't imagine many of em were much cop in the caff at 9am over a cup of tea and a bacon roll after a night on the razz.  What, Lennon, Mr 'acerbic wit', you'd just end up thumping him eh?  Or Johnny Thunders the skaghead, Mick Jagger the primadonna, Jimi Hendrix seems like he might be an alright lad, Bob 'can't give a straight answer' Dylan, Morrisey the miserable twat, the list goes on in the same vein. 

Yeah, but when they're of that ilk, you make allowances. John Lennon's allowed to be a miserable cunt, cuz he's John Lennon. I'd be disappointed if I met Mozza and he wasn't a complete asshole. But Sebastian Bach? He ain't big enough to pull off that shit. He should be counting his blessings that any fucker still gives a shit

• Haha 1

On 14/07/2019 at 12:52 AM, GNRfan2008 said:

And then he gives KISS a pass for cheating, lol

He’s a total hypocrite. I called him out once on Twitter for dubbing his live DVD, it was so bad the vocals weren’t even in sync with the video. If he’s so confident in his live vocals why do that?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I've always wondered if Axl uses a backing track. Ron and Pittman used to do backing vocals and people often seem to mistake that for a backing track. He also uses the echo effect, that I guess could be mistaken as a backing track. But is there any real evidence that Axl would have actually used a backing track at some point? Is there a youtube video that proves it or something? If so, a link would be appreciated.

Edited by Lies They Tell